• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Welcome to Chicago Trailer

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I almost closed it in the first seconds when they pulled a poor man's GTA trailer. The game looks good. Still, the lighting is quite poor and there was quite a lot of aliasing.

Ivan 3414

The biggest takeaway I had from this video was that nearly all the black people in it were doing some form of shucking and jiving. One of them was walking around with a boombox on his shoulder. Really Ubisoft

This is a neat looking outfit for Aiden

iEuWt1ohauFg2.png

It's becoming a bit sad that people try to pick the worst scene possible from a trailer to show us the 'downgradaton'.
Gotta agree with that. While the subsequent gameplay trailers are nothing like the initial reveal, the game still looks pretty damn good to me. This new trailer showed a lot of neat and cool stuff, and now i am definitely going to pick this up for my PS4 on Day 1.

skynidas

Banned
well, they were clearly trying to emulate GTA V's trailers.

as for the game, i will wait for some impressions and then decide if i am getting it.

I think the graphics actually look a lot better than those we saw in the downgradeathon thread. I think the dawn/dusk lighting in this game is fantastic, the colour they got on it look great. Better than Infamous, about on-par with GTA V IMO, imagining that GTA V was ever above 720p.

I like the trailer - well, everything after the first minute of the obnoxious faux-shaky cam shots.

Those pedestrians seem to have some life to them, but I still don't think giving each person a one-line throwaway datapoint adds anything - not without even miniscule gameplay implications.

Do we know all the ways you can interact with random pedestrians? Are they all hackable in some way?

And the multiplayer sounds intriguing, but I still don't have a handle on exactly how that's supposed to work. Is it completely seamless? A separate mode? Do you have any idea when there are players in your world? Why do players enter into your world?

Neifirst

I don't care how about nitpicks on graphics - I just want run around a videogame Chicago. If it's really awful, I'll be out $5-10 max after selling it back.

Kuldar

Lower graphics won't be a problem for me but I'm wondering how traversal will feel after playing Infamous? I'm guessing it will feel pretty sluggish just walking or jogging around. Maybe I'll be done with Infamous early enough where it won't be so recent in my memory by the time this game comes out though.
I played at GTA Online with friends just after a session of inFAMOUS Second Son. Oh god, it looked so bad and I found it so slow to move.

I hope that in two months I have forgotten how cool it is to move with neon or other powers.

red731

First part must have been wsad + mouse, holy damn that was some camera work.

I still don't know, I don't find anything special about this no more.

Honestly there are few downgrades other than shadows it seems from the last trailer I saw. What we are seeing is set near midday and the light from the sun is at its brightest and whitest, which does look bad on a grey city. I think more footage at other times of day would have looked much better.

It still looks populated and interesting.
I will probably pick it up sometime later this year for my PC.

cakely

That's horseshit

Go back and play GTA V right now dawg. Observe a fantastic art direction and density to the world forged and enabled by years of being the leader in the field and the biggest budget in gaming by far, which not every dev has at their disposal, clearly. And despite that, watch as textures appear to be at a low quality at a distance, how "' " 'flat' " '" the lighting on buildings is at night. Take note of the resolution, the aliasing, the fact that anything that relatively taxes the game shoots it noticeably south of 30fps. Rose tinted memories dawg

I mean artistically GTA V arguably blows this out of the water but purely technically speaking... no.

I played it ... about two weeks ago. I understand completely that framerate, resolution, and aliasing are not the strong points of GTA V.

I still think it's better-looking than the trailer I just watched. It's not rose-tinted memories, the game still looks good.

My friends and I had a four-player survival mission on Del Perro Pier. The mission started at night, where the neon-covered ferris wheel illuminated the mission. Before we beat the mission, the sun had risen and the transition from night mission to day mission looked natural and honestly, fairly amazing.

It's one of the few games where my girlfriend has actually walked by and said "wow, that looks great", and not just once.

That Watch Dogs trailer? It just doesn't look as good to me. Even including resolution and aliasing.

The biggest takeaway I had from this video was that nearly all the black people in it were doing some form of shucking and jiving. One of them was walking around with a boombox on his shoulder. Really Ubisoft
*rolls eyes... ok, great observation.

Take a look at 1:40....
"RODDINGTON, DARYL
RECENT PROMOTION TO CFO"

Betty

Banned
That's one desperate attempt to feel like a GTA trailer, I preferred it when they let the gameplay do the talking like in the reveal trailer.

Ploid 3.0

This GTAIV mod looks sick!

I wonder why they aren't using icenhancer and texture mods. There are better car conversions too. They didn't seem to look hard enough for the good mods.

The gameplay should be interesting, people invading your world, causing trouble. Though they could just mean those android apps that people press random stuff on phones which causes stuff to happen in the world.

Well, looks like a fun game to me. And i think it looks good for an open world crossgen crossplatform game. Come at me.
Interested to see if there will be another "it looks exactly like a PS2 game" thread with just one compressed gif from the worst possible section of the trailer.

dex3108

NPC are really good, part where NPS is playing wit drone and playing football (soccer) in park are great. Also grass is looking good.

I'll be happy if the PS4 version is as good as ACIV on PS4 graphically, with it being for PS3/360 as well.

If it was XBO/PS4/PC (which it should've been) then I would expect it to be a lot more like the 2012 reveal. $40 preorder stands.

Top Bottom