• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

vfwoq9.jpg

can those of us with no artistic skills simply post our ideas for an ad to give others some inspiration?

I'm currently visualizing a madworld ad with a picture of a tool shed or some other location with weapons of death all over the place and in black and white with the tag "choose your weapon" or "Have fun"

TheGOHN

PantherLotus said:
Yours would be simply beautiful without any of that awful text and text shadowing. The logos could be simplified and cleaned up and you'd truly have something that looks professional.

(and this isn't just directed at you)

1. @ GAF: can we all agree that nobody is going to pay you for what you created here? The 'gaf logo' isn't needed and only muddies up your compositions.

2. @ GAF: please visit dafont.com. Your hard work doesn't stop at slapping some images together and thinking up a snappy one-liner.

Wow, I guess i just cant do anything right.

Oh and I posted the wrong pic as my "larger one" but i fixed it.

209t10l.jpg

I don't see where I was going with this, but you can take it as some obscure ad which people won't get and eventually cuase the game to fail

AniHawk

A couple ideas for people in case I can't get to them (HOORAY FOR SCHOOL):

1. Make it look like one of those Wii adverts where everyone's having fun in contrast with the black and white bloody images. Or do something to play on people's expectations like that.

2. Some sort of medical note or "cause of death" thing on some sort of official written statement. Under causes of death (or wounds, if it's someone being treated in a "hospital"), list some of the outrageous ways you can kill/maim someone in the game.

AniHawk said:
1. Make it look like one of those Wii adverts where everyone's having fun in contrast with the black and white bloody images. Or do something to play on people's expectations like that.

That was my idea with the sofa

s5fypw.png

Forgot to save the layered version >_< D'oh. Oh well, I'm pretty happy with this one :)

Typos deliberate. Chose an American address because it just seemed like a better fit. Not sure if the US had postcodes back then or if that address would even be considered real, but meh :p

Defuser

AniHawk said:
A couple ideas for people in case I can't get to them (HOORAY FOR SCHOOL):

2. Some sort of medical note or "cause of death" thing on some sort of official written statement. Under causes of death (or wounds, if it's someone being treated in a "hospital"), list some of the outrageous ways you can kill/maim someone in the game.
Option 2. Sound wacky and hardcore therefore suits the Madworld perfectly.

AniHawk

Keyser Soze said:
That was my idea with the sofa

I didn't get that at first, but now I'm seeing a story of a woman playing Wii, the game gets superviolent, and then she hides behind a sofa?

For some reason, I started focusing in on the pillow.

AniHawk said:
I didn't get that at first, but now I'm seeing a story of a woman playing Wii, the game gets superviolent, and then she hides behind a sofa?

For some reason, I started focusing in on the pillow.

That pretty much the idea. Probably could have being done better though

I guess the pillow is her tying cover up the violence - and also that I could not do the blood splat right on the flat part of the sofa so I tired to cover it up...

AniHawk

Keyser Soze said:
That pretty much the idea. Probably could have being done better though

I guess the pillow is her tying cover up the violence - and also that I could not do the blood splat right on the flat part of the sofa so I tired to cover it up...

I really like how you got the blood splat on the sofa (I don't know how to do that sort of thing). I just meant that the pillow is black and white, and I thought I was supposed to see something in there.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
2dl0y8l.jpg

Kind of gave up creating tool icons. Wanted to have one for each weapon in the game, but ran out of steam. Maybe I'll revisit it tomorrow when I have more time.

Haunted

wat

The new round just started and we already have so many great ones. Ani, mik, Panther, Geek, all very well done and clever. Although Jugendstil's is my favourite so far, great punchline(s). :D

Mdk7

Sick stuff already, kudos to y'all guys!
I hope nobody "steals" what i have in mind...
I'll do something later when i come back from school... :D

xintin, great job!

do you think it would be a bit better with an "oh yes" in the upper left corner? or is that too Sawish? too bad really, cuz that catchphrase perfectly captures what Madworld is all about.

dfyb

Banned
had a 'bleached chainsaw paints the room red' concept but couldn't find good stock photos to execute it

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
<3 MAD WORLD

plz be March already
Seriously. This plus RE5 as well as the just released SF4 and KZ2 means the next couple of months are going to be phenomenal.

Top Bottom