• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

TheGOHN

octopusman said:
can someone make an ad with a chainsaw flung into an LCD HDTV?
like a wii mote accident. get it?

I just thought of this like 20min. ago.

I was trying to decide if I wanted to try it.

octopusman said:
can someone make an ad with a chainsaw flung into an LCD HDTV?
like a wii mote accident. get it?

Why not a TV cut in half?

"more deadly then a remote" slogan.

I would have done P4 and Mirrors Edge, but I don't have a lot of free time. Sucks the deadlines are so damn fast.

AniHawk

iDoubleSpy said:
Why not a TV cut in half?

"more deadly then a remote" slogan.

I would have done P4 and Mirrors Edge, but I don't have a lot of free time. Sucks the deadlines are so damn fast.

If you want to get a head start, the next one will be Braid.

ipcnqw.png

AniHawk said:
If you want to get a head start, the next one will be Braid.

Is there even a vote going on? Or are you the overlord :p

I haven't even played Braid, so I can't think of a compelling ad. Won't search for what the game IS because it would just spoil it.

AniHawk

iDoubleSpy said:
Is there even a vote going on? Or are you the overlord :p

I haven't even played Braid, so I can't think of a compelling ad. Won't search for what the game IS because it would just spoil it.

It's a time-traveling platformer game.

Also, with quite a bit of time left for this assignment, this is the most popular one since MM9 so far. Didn't think that'd happen, seeing as it's a niche game on the Wii.

AniHawk said:
It's a time-traveling platformer.

:lol

I know what it's about, but that doesn't really reflect what the game is

I was messing with Mirrors Edge, but since I just bought it for the PC I still had no idea what the game was presenting. I'm not gonna do an ad for a game I've never played :/

TunaLover

octopusman said:
You might want to consider getting rid of the head impalement and giving him a chainsaw arm, with blood and corpses around. It has more relevence to the original image.

I thought that too, but the head sign impalement is SO Madworld, the chainsaw is big part of the game true but it's present in other games, I was searching something unique and simbolic for the ad.

Ranger X

Someone should make an ad with magazine quotes you know like

"You never saw this much blood" EGM

or

"Cutting edge graphics" IGN

lol

AniHawk said:
Didn't think that'd happen, seeing as it's a niche game on the Wii.

Isn't this one of the most anticipated titles coming out on the Wii for the "hardcore"?

Anyways, I've got an idea on my next Madworld ad, just can't get it looking the way I want it to. Haven't worked with shadows a whole lot yet.

eXistor

VGChampion said:
Isn't this one of the most anticipated titles coming out on the Wii for the "hardcore"?
Unfortunately if a Wii game is highly anticipated by the hardcore, then it's still pretty much a niche game.

Mdk7

My third and probably last one...
I hope it's clear enough, i don't know if i'm satisfied with the engraving on the tombstone...
Anyway...

MadWorld3.png

AniHawk

VGChampion said:
Anyways, I've got an idea on my next Madworld ad, just can't get it looking the way I want it to. Haven't worked with shadows a whole lot yet.

Post it anyway and see if anyone here can offer some advice.

PBalfredo

1. Credit to AniHawk for the idea:

AniHawk said:
A couple ideas for people in case I can't get to them (HOORAY FOR SCHOOL):

1. Make it look like one of those Wii adverts where everyone's having fun in contrast with the black and white bloody images. Or do something to play on people's expectations like that.

2. Some sort of medical note or "cause of death" thing on some sort of official written statement. Under causes of death (or wounds, if it's someone being treated in a "hospital"), list some of the outrageous ways you can kill/maim someone in the game.

2. Credit to Galactic Fork, whose terrific head-impalement sign I stole.

MadWorldAd3.png

Meier

Alright I just finished page 2 (the real page 2... 100 posts per page variety) and I'm blown away. Avoided the topic before for whatever reason but I'll keep coming back to this one.

AniHawk

Meier said:
Avoided the topic before for whatever reason

I've been getting that a lot.

But honestly, everyone, this has worked out way better than I could've imagined. It's so cool to see people take a break from all the bullshit that usually goes on here and create some pretty kickass stuff. And it's really nice to see the variety among the entries too.

Top Bottom