• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Meier

AniHawk said:
I've been getting that a lot.

But honestly, everyone, this has worked out way better than I could've imagined. It's so cool to see people take a break from all the bullshit that usually goes on here and create some pretty kickass stuff. And it's really nice to see the variety among the entries too.
Mainly for me it's because if I am not there at the beginning, mega threads are very daunting and I just avoid them. But I'm up way too late and figured fuck it, let's check it out... amazing stuff within.

Haunted

PBalfredo said:
1. Credit to AniHawk for the idea:

2. Credit to Galactic Fork, whose terrific head-impalement sign I stole.

MadWorldAd3.png
:lol awesome.

echoshifting said:
I hope this thread produces a job offer or two. I'm dying to play MadWorld now and it's all thanks to you incredibly talented people.

I made 2 ads for it, and still have no intention of ever playing it :p I just don't care about it ^_^

Hope this thread lasts til Disgaea 4 is on the horizon so I can see ads for that :D

pakkit

Banned
"MadWorld: The Virtual Boy was right!"

"For once, a bloody Wii is a time for jubilation."

"Castrate your Wii." (Yes, immature penis jokes)

"Tonight's color: Red. Brought to you by Big Blue." (Sesame Street motif)

I wish I had photoshop skills, or photoshop, but these are my stupid tagline ideas.

Icarus

I like the art, but looking at these ads, all I would take from Mad World is that it's a black and white Manhunt. Surely there's more to it than that. Isn't there?

I don't have the answer, but I figure someone here must.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Icarus said:
I like the art, but looking at these ads, all I would take from Mad World is that it's a black and white Manhunt. Surely there's more to it than that. Isn't there?

I don't have the answer, but I figure someone here must.

No, it's not Manhunt at all. Manhunt is a stealth game with gory violence. From what I've seen, Madworld is a brawler with over the top violence and lots of environmental weapons. Plus there is a guy named Herr Frederick Von Twirlinkiller, who has jet engines for hands!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PylPYVocHP8&feature=related

Mdk7 said:
My third and probably last one...
I hope it's clear enough, i don't know if i'm satisfied with the engraving on the tombstone...
Anyway...

MadWorld3.png

This is a great idea, but it would be more suitable for "The House of the Dead Overkill".

Anyway it would be great if Sega would look at this thread and take some ads for inspiratioen :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'm a bit surprised no one played on the "Game show" aspect of it, or that the group putting on the tournament is called "Death Watch."

Plus, the game does have yellow: the BOOM! ZAP! SWOOSH! etc comic book pop ups happen in the game (think like old batman tv show). And Proops and Dimaggio as the Sports Commentators are awesome :lol

John Harker said:
I'm a bit surprised no one played on the "Game show" aspect of it, or that the group putting on the tournament is called "Death Watch."

Plus, the game does have yellow: the BOOM! ZAP! SWOOSH! etc comic book pop ups happen in the game (think like old batman tv show). And Proops and Dimaggio as the Sports Commentators are awesome :lol

Proops? Would that be Greg Proops of Whose Line Is It Anyway fame?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Android18a said:
Proops? Would that be Greg Proops of Whose Line Is It Anyway fame?

Yea, him and John Dimaggio who voices Bender from Futurama :D

(and Marcus Fenix from Gears, and Migelo from FF12, and Wakka from FFX)

Mdk7

Frencherman said:
This is a great idea, but it would be more suitable for "The House of the Dead Overkill".

Anyway it would be great if Sega would look at this thread and take some ads for inspiratioen :D
Glad someone liked it! :D
I don't know if that ad would be better for HOTD: Overkill though... i mean of course there's the whole cemetery/undead theme there, but in my intentions it was not something to be taken litterally.
It was much more on a figurative level, with the idea of something like "ok, no more crap on Wii. With Mad World the shit gets real, and you hardcore will have something to play".

Plus Overkill has that AMAZING cheesy over the top B-movie feel to it, and that ad would be just too quiet IMHO! ;)

Thanks anyway man, i appreciate!

It's been said before by many, but this is a fantastic idea for a thread and the efforts of all the very creative people herein are greatly appreciated. Let's make it thread of the forever!

John Harker said:
Yea, him and John Dimaggio who voices Bender from Futurama :D
And yet, people have the nerve to suggest the voice overs are...bad?!

Heathens!

RBH

xintin said:
check it out
n19840559024_1221182_4145.jpg

the madworld team saw the thread and liked our designs :)
this is from their whiteboard at Platinum Games.
Now that's pretty fucking awesome.

Props to all the people in this thread that have contributed.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
xintin said:
check it out
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2057/146/64/19840559024/n19840559024_1221182_4145.jpg[/IMG
this is from their whiteboard at Platinum Games.[/QUOTE]
Whoa....nice work.

This thread is so fucking golden.. I plan to start contributing when we start Braid, even though i have no idea what that game is all about.

Also, i love the love from the devs, Megaman and Madworld... what happened to DICE? Anyone forward this to them yet? =P

Sciz

xintin said:
check it out

Short of someone actually getting hired, this thread is now as completely amazing as it can possibly become.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
xintin said:
check it out

bad fucking ass.

1. Awesome job to everybody here that got their work posted.
2. PR Teams, take note. Giving nerds a pat on the head will make our dicks swell with pride.

LCfiner

Just coming back to give more praise after witnessing the insane Mad World entries.

You're all a talented bunch of SoBs! :D

can't wait to see what you guys and gals do with Braid.

Let me see some of these Braid ads!

I have no idea where I want to take the direction for it. I haven't played it so I need a feel for what other gamers got from it.

Here goes. Threw this together last night. The quality in this thread is amazing. Makes me want to put a lot more time into these. You guys rock.

2eoinbc.jpg

AniHawk

xintin said:
check it out

Wow.

That is awesome.

Gonna be a while to get to my home computer and upload all the MadWorld ones to the flickr gallery, and get them together for a sendspace file.

Top Bottom