• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Quick and dirty cuz I only have GIMP on this machine:

15i1esx.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^
Seriously bad ass

Geek said:
2dl0y8l.jpg

Kind of gave up creating tool icons. Wanted to have one for each weapon in the game, but ran out of steam. Maybe I'll revisit it tomorrow when I have more time.
Dont know how i missed this one, but i like how you handled the whole "red" theme. Great take on it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So fucking amazing entries already. Props for making Mad World the current one. There's just so many great entries! Keep on delivering, guys!

Mdk7

Time for a second one...
(even if i honestly prefer my first entry with the eye!)

MadWorld.png

EDIT:

Added screens as well, i don't know if i like it better or not :lol

MadWorldb.png

TunaLover

A person running with scissors, among other people, the person running with scissors is the only one in black and white, then a text that say ''play it unsafe''the logo and such.

May I suggest someone playing the joke: What's black and white and red all over?

(Usual responses being a newspaper or a nun with a javelin through her head.) I would do it myself but I'm in school all day. By the way, geek's is genius.

Big Chief Crazy Cone said:
May I suggest someone playing the joke: What's black and white and red all over?

(Usual responses being a newspaper or a nun with a javelin through her head.) I would do it myself but I'm in school all day. By the way, geek's is genius.
I was going to do that, but I'm at work :(

Mdk7

Big Chief Crazy Cone said:

:lol
That would be rad!!

Danielsan said:
I can't compete with you people but I had fun making it. :D

21ud8y.png
Definitely good, looks very professional...
Nice work man!!

M74

Some of you people should really consider working for VG PR/marketing departments. I dare say if these companies borrowed your creations, they'd sell more copies. This stuff is great.

And :lol @ "Sega publishes what Nintendon't".

Defuser

Anihawk,may I suggest adding in a Boxart challenge in it too? More challenging and sometimes a console boxart label compliments the art itself,gives more thinking of what are you gonna plan and how it will look like.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't have enough talent for this, but somebody should start off with making an ad for something that either looks like Wii shovelware or even just anything bright and colorful, and then make it look like Jack's chainsaw is ripping through the whole thing and tearing it to pieces.

PantherLotus said:
Oh, I think your first one is far more effective than the other previously posted.

On the second, I think it sets up the joke, "what's black, white, and red all over?"

AniHawk said:
God dammit. :lol

Sounds like a great tag for someone else. I have two other ideas I want to try out first.

I actually think it'd be the perfect tagline for the official thread. :D

Ledsen

Geek said:
2dl0y8l.jpg

Kind of gave up creating tool icons. Wanted to have one for each weapon in the game, but ran out of steam. Maybe I'll revisit it tomorrow when I have more time.

This one is so awesome, but I feel it could actually benefit from the very obvious tagline... "Paint the town red"

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Nothing but darkness (black/white)and a shot of Death with just some red on the end of his scythe with the words "Death Watches" above him and below him the Madworld logo

My entry. I had some fun with this one...

EDIT: Having some image size issues. Providing the link for now until I can figure out what's wrong. Already re-sized and re-uploaded.

Kilroy

madworld01.jpg

Hmmm, not quite as I imagined it, but this'll have to do.

First I imagined seeing the main character's face mirrored in the pool of blood, but the style of the game doesn't really allow for it...

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Canti said:
:O A really fantastic idea, excellent execution too!

I might sit this one out, can't think of any fresh ideas this time.

Ah, thanks a lot. I was pretty apprehensive about posting this! Glad to know someone likes it. :)

junkwaffle

In Front and Drawing Away
This and the MS Paint thread are my favorites. Astonishing entertainment!
But this one wins 'best new thread idea in long time.'

Outstanding work, everyone. Lordy.

Top Bottom