• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We need a Infinite Undiscovery 2

Lyriell

You know, you're probably not wrong...

An on the cheap sequel would be pretty good. It got quite interesting near the end there.

But to be honest, we need The Last Remnant sequel even though it wouldn't make much sense considering how the world was left in it. God that game was so good...

I would at least settle for a follow up image album of some sort---the game was a mixed reception to be exceedingly generous, but damn it all there was some really nice music that sneaked in there at times!

Skulldead

They should start to finish the first game before asking for a sequel...

It was not that bad, just the last 1/3 was horrible !

wipeout364

There are a lot of requests for sequels to titles; but I have to admit I never thought anyone would ask for a sequel to this. I thought it was terrible.

I really enjoyed IU, but I can't see a sequel being made. The guy that came up with the world concept also wrote the Record of Lodoss War novels. So I wish there was a sequel to explore that unique world but I know it's not coming.

yeaaa boooiiii
nUYelmz.gif
Hahahaha that's great

Lime

Star Ocean 5 suggests to me that Tri-Ace have forgotten how to make good games. I'd love Exist Archive to prove me wrong though.

Most impressions point towards Exist Archive suffering from the similar symptoms of a low budget and an undercooked game

People hated IU that much? I thought it was pretty fun, even if it had some problems. Plus one of the more interesting JRPG premises I've seen.

Or is it one of those "I didn't love it so I hate it" kind of deals

soco

I enjoyed it in spite of it's rushed, barebones delivery. I feel like a sequel could've really fix a ton of the things about it.

Although, I'd definitely put up Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey sequels well above this.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I really enjoyed it. You know it's a good game when the only issues people can find are a stupid dance some kids do and the actual name of the game.

There were plenty of issues not tied to the dinner dance (which I thought was funny, knowing the context of the scene...) and the name.

Like, the special 'events' that take place feel minigame-y and underdeveloped, most are frustrating and do not gel well with the core gameplay/combat system.

The lack of fast travel, made even more apparent where there are lots of huge, open areas that require lots of backtracking (I had to go through this confusing-ass mazelike forest about 10 times, all while finding my way before the acid rain in the forest 'corrupts' my party members and makes them attack me).

The approach to sidequesting, where you have to 'link' to another party member and talk to every single townsperson in case one of them will give out a sidequest. And you will have to 'link' to all 16 (or however many it was) characters and go around the huge-ass towns talking to everybody each time.

The clunky combat where you also have to 'link' to another party member to access their special moves, instead of just switching to the other character. Not minding how they implemented a dodgy "FPS" view for the archer characters.

Probably tri-Ace's weakest game up until SO5, if you ask me.

sora87

Isn't there enough mid-tier mediocre JRPGs out/coming out?

Now Lost Odyssey 2 is something we really do need.

Metzhara

Hell no. Interesting mechanics do not a great game make. Interesting in concept, paltry in story, horrific in execution.
I could not disagree more.
But hey, I got a free lithograph.

Sorry OP, but I don't think it was a very good game and I played it to the end. All I remember the most from playing it is how unlikable the MC was.

Jhoan

There were plenty of issues not tied to the dinner dance (which I thought was funny, knowing the context of the scene...) and the name.

Like, the special 'events' that take place feel minigame-y and underdeveloped, most are frustrating and do not gel well with the core gameplay/combat system.

The lack of fast travel, made even more apparent where there are lots of huge, open areas that require lots of backtracking (I had to go through this confusing-ass mazelike forest about 10 times, all while finding my way before the acid rain in the forest 'corrupts' my party members and makes them attack me).

The approach to sidequesting, where you have to 'link' to another party member and talk to every single townsperson in case one of them will give out a sidequest. And you will have to 'link' to all 16 (or however many it was) characters and go around the huge-ass towns talking to everybody each time.

The clunky combat where you also have to 'link' to another party member to access their special moves, instead of just switching to the other character. Not minding how they implemented a dodgy "FPS" view for the archer characters.

Probably tri-Ace's weakest game up until SO5, if you ask me.

Agree with all these points. I had to go through the game with a FAQ tab open to do all the Connect sidequests. It was a royal pain in the ass running from one end of a town to another. Fast travel would have also have been a welcome addition since riding the bear was the only fast way to get around quick at the cost of a fourth party member.

Also, screw this game for 49G achievement and the measly 1G achievement for beating the Ethereal Queen on the hardest difficulty. That post-game dungeon was hard enough as is that I never bothered going for it. I heard stacking up Memoirs of a Mercenary was the way to go. Also Vic's VA was god awful and the awkwardly silent cut scenes with characters' lips moving was quite something.

That being said, I enjoyed it for it was: a mindless button mash action JRPG with some hilarious main characters with several funny scenes, a really cool story/concept, and watching several party members run around during the big story dungeons. I don't know if I would want to see a sequel to it since it would need to address way too many issues and drop the dumb name. I would much rather see a sequel to Resonance of Fate which was the last Tri-Ace game I played and enjoyed so much that I got 1000/1000.

Khrno

I agreed, if there is an X360 game that I want to play again is Infinite Undiscovered, so I really want a sequel, that would make me but and X1, or at least buy it on the Windows store and play on PC.

Hystzen

Capell was a hilarious protagonist dude just wanted get laid not unchain a moon.

We do need a Last Remenant game I would even take a remaster or port of PC version.

Also some Renosance Of Fate sequel I need buy more t-shirts n Pimp my guns

Top Bottom