• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome @Majornelson to NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey!

Major Nelson!

You the guy we talk to about Games for Windows Live?

Because PC GAF has some questions.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm here to ask the hard hitting questions we all want answered:

Do you pronounce it as gif or jif?

Stimpack

One more thing before I head off for my nightly Xbox One play session: I will respect what NeoGaf is over here and won't roll in spouting empty marketing buzzwords or phrases. I'll try to answer questions as directly as I can with respect to my NDA.
If I can't answer anything, I'll keep my mouth shut. As a gamer and member of the gaming industry, I am really excited for this Holiday and what great gaming it will bring.

A very mature and reasonable thing to say. I will say that I'm surprised, and pleased to hear it. I have no interest in the next-gen Xbox, and I can't say I've cared to see how you've handled yourself in some situations, but this is a good step.

Klocker

No matter what happens, keep fake smiling and you'll be just fine.

VQMQeOj.jpg

only fair if you post a bunch of pictures of yourself so we can comment

I really hope people realize that Larry is an actual person and not some made up mascot and treat him with basic human respect. Sure his job is as in PR but that doesn't make him any less of a human.

This is the weakness of PR/marketing, when a company gravitates a lot of its messaging towards one, or few individuals.

On the positive side, it makes the message relatable, with a human-element behind it. But with any large corporation's PR/marketing, you cannot escape the buzzwords, spiels, over-promises and sometimes subtle truth-lies that pisses people off, and when the messaging is delivered by an individual, that particular individual will get a ton of hate for it, even when he's only the messenger. Same shit with Shahid & his Vita hype. And we'll never stop hearing about Apple without Steve Jobs or MS without Bill Gates, despite how successful the companies are even without these amazing individuals at helm.

This is personally why I think Sony's overall approach, although much colder and less approachable overall is the safest approach.

Shuhei's social space is only made of short, simple tweets and answering simple questions. Other Sony execs go through media filters like interviews, articles, etc. And the big, bombastic words are left to their anonymous writers over at PSBlog, where they represent the company, and not any individual.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
One more thing before I head off for my nightly Xbox One play session: I will respect what NeoGaf is over here and won't roll in spouting empty marketing buzzwords or phrases. I'll try to answer questions as directly as I can with respect to my NDA.
If I can't answer anything, I'll keep my mouth shut. As a gamer and member of the gaming industry, I am really excited for this Holiday and what great gaming it will bring.

It's great that you're doing this, thank you. I hope everything goes well for you on GAF!

nib95

Banned
Negative.

Major Nelson is the one who brought it up first.

My guess is many people over the years have tried to sign up using MajorNelson in their emails or simply using @Microsoft emails of late, hence the approval rejections. Once EvilLore got wind of the fact that the real Larry was being rejected he probably quickly green lighted the one Larry current had in. I doubt it's anything more leery than that.

Somnia

Negative.

I'm not being skeptical.

I quoted someone who quoted someone else who brought it up.

He's also been trying to get approved for over a year. Its not like he woke up and decided today was the day to join GAF.

MS reps are all well and good, but I doubt we'll get a decisive answer to hardware questions until the retail teardowns and multiplatform comparisons.

I got a good question: Microsoft said they will not provide any personal information collected from the Kinect to any government agency. However we know they will share some of this info with their advertising partners. WHAT GUARANTEE DOE MICROSOFT GIVE US THAT THOSE 3rd PARTIES WON'T GIVE UP OUR INFO TO AGENCIES LIKE THE NSA.

it's ok, i can wait for your answer.

SPDIF

Negative.

I'm not being skeptical.

I quoted someone who quoted someone else who brought it up.

Well he did try signing up over a year ago, but he got rejected. It's not like he just suddenly decided to post a few days ago.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
He's enjoying watching us squirm, Allard or not

Hahahaha. Could you imagine if Major Nelson and him signing up is some secret MS plan to melt NeoGAF's servers at Tokyo Game Show with like a Return of the King type of scene for J?

"Oh, by the way..."

(Frodo and gang come on stage/video and re-enact the "FOR FRODO" scene but with like "FOR X-BOX/J. ALLARD!" or something)

(J. Allard takes stage. NeoGAF collectively flips shit.)

Hahahaha. Could you imagine if Major Nelson and him signing up is some secret MS plan to melt NeoGAF's servers at Tokyo Game Show with like a Return of the King type of scene for J?

"Oh, by the way..."

(Frodo and gang come on stage/video and re-enact the "FOR FRODO" scene but with like "FOR X-BOX/J. ALLARD!" or something)

They've already got Green and Elop in the mix...any more kings and MS turns into Game of Thrones.

Chaplain

I got a good question: Microsoft said they will not provide any personal information collected from the Kinect to any government agency. However we know they will share some of this info with their advertising partners. WHAT GUARANTEE DOE MICROSOFT GIVE US THAT THOSE 3rd PARTIES WON'T GIVE UP OUR INFO TO AGENCIES LIKE THE NSA.

it's ok, i can wait for your answer.

I do not think MS can resist the government. They can go to court, but according to the latest NSA leaks the government will just bypass whatever security MS has.

nib95

Banned
Wait, why do we think Hiro Protagonist is J Allard?

What'd I miss?

His user name is the same as J Allard's XBL name. And he posted "see you at the office :)" before quickly editing it to something random. He's also been registered for ages and only posted for the first time today.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, why do we think Hiro Protagonist is J Allard?

What'd I miss?

Apparently Stealth edits of "see you at the office" happened, but there is no fast quote of said stealth edit post to catch that. And "Hiro Protagonist" is J's X-box Live Gamertag. But even then the "see you at the office," if true, is weird: J. left Microsoft years ago. And they didn't exactly announce him coming back and no one has said anything about him being back. So...

I'm just fueling the fire with accusations and he/she isn't confirming/denying they are/aren't J.

MS reps are all well and good, but I doubt we'll get a decisive answer to hardware questions until the retail teardowns and multiplatform comparisons.

The thing about 'official reps' is well, NDAs, inherent (public) bias, and... their jobs on the line. ( that OS leak has probably cost someone his job)

It's probably the main reason why some people are kinda 'meh' on Larry being here. There's just more juiciness and drama coming from unofficial reps/anonymous company execs/leakers, whereas official reps will only repeat the official company line, clarify queries or share some non-NDA breaking inside stories at best.

People want more CBOATs & Verenduses, heck they'll even make do with more GopherDs.

Gaz_RB

"Oh, by the way..."

Return of the king indeed. I'd have to buy an XB1 if he's actually involved.

And as long as he's wearing the hoodie/jacket combo, he can pop out of a cake for all i care haha

His user name is the same as J Allard's XBL name. And he posted "see you at the office :)" before quickly editing it to something random. He's also been registered for ages and only posted for the first time today.

Well he doesn't work at Microsoft anymore, and he's only been registered for a little over a week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom