• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome @Majornelson to NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoopKid

Jeff Rigby confirmed to be Cerny?

wee-bey-oh-shit.gif

Here's hoping the trolls can contain themselves, because I sure as hell don't see Yoshida (or a native English speaking Sony exec) and co. coming onto here and interacting with arguably the toughest crowd out there. Now we have Albert and Major both out in the open on Gaf.

And I honestly hope Microsoft will let Major actually speak a little more candidly if he's going to be posting on here. If not for the initial DRM fiasco, Id say the Xbox One is a far more interesting proposition based off of what is known about both consoles, up until now. Microsoft's messaging has been terrible tho, so let this be a new beginning.

What's with all this hate and cursing and pointless words from that tweet fellow GAFfers?

I'm sorry to tell that he/she is incorrect. This is indeed a great place for proper discussions about the gaming industry. Many devs in here, great people, great GAFfers making useful posts filled with the latest info and these people build the great Community that GAF is. We are here to discuss what we like about our hobby/lifestyle and there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
Have you been on a vacation the last 4 months? It's not easy being an Xbox gamer now. Check out the latest Edge thread where your an Idiot dudebro if you choose XB1 over the PS4.

Wait...so our beloved Cerny-San DOESN'T have an account on here? So you guys wait until AFTER I pour the damn bubble bath solution to tell me? Fuck this noise man...

MLCodest

It's really sad that it seems a lot of people judge Major Nelson off of the one interview with Angry Joe. As awful as it was I don't think it's fair to judge him completely off of that. Anytime I have met him at PAX he is super nice and polite. Also I listen to his podcast occasionally and he really seems genuine when he doesn't have to speak the company line.

On any note, welcome Major and enjoy your stay.

Have you been on a vacation the last 4 months? It's not easy being an Xbox gamer now. Check out the latest Edge thread where your an Idiot dudebro if you choose XB1 over the PS4.
What? When did that happen?

It might not be the best value for money, but if it has the games you want then who could blame you for buying it.

Haven't watch enough of his videos to know how he is, but from what I have seen I don't like the guy

I remember Angry Gamer interviewed him, and there was so much spinning, he said MS can't turn off DRM with a simple flick of a switch, a couple days later MS did. He just comes across as straight if PR shill.

But who can blame him, it's not his fault but the company he works for, maybe even behind the PR talk and spinning he himself knows it's terrible, but he has to keep a straight face and do his PR work so we can't really blame for doing his job.

He's technically the director of Xbox Live programming and frequently says stuff like he doesn't know what games with gold, etc are coming since he isn't marketing/PR, so I think he just happens to be a public face, but not PR.

I think his job description is stuff like getting the G4 crew back together at E3, dashboard content and news delivery.

*Source: Love the podcast, vague on MS department structure.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
He's probably like, eating dinner or something.

Welcome Mr. Nelson-Hryb. My 360 red-ringed for the third and final time this week, ten days out from GTA V. Maybe you could do me a solid?

Hoping you're a really big Peanuts fan.

It's really sad that it seems a lot of people judge Major Nelson off of the one interview with Angry Joe. As awful as it was I don't think it's fair to judge him completely off of that. Anytime I have met him at PAX he is super nice and polite. Also I listen to his podcast occasionally and he really seems genuine when he doesn't have to speak the company line.

On any note, welcome Major and enjoy your stay.

I thought the interview was negative on his part but then again anyone would of found it difficult to defend the mess which was the reveal .

Hearty welcome Major.

I may not agree with many of the decisions that your company has made of late, but I welcome your contribution to the discussion here on GAF. Alternative points of view are always nice.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It's really sad that it seems a lot of people judge Major Nelson off of the one interview with Angry Joe. As awful as it was I don't think it's fair to judge him completely off of that.
That's not the only thing I judge him on. I also use the famous 360 vs. PS3 tech comparison blog post.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
kindy grossed out by the pomp & circumstance of this, plus all the sucking up

I feel the same way BUT I do welcome anyone who is willing to talk. He can enjoy this place like the rest of us. I'm pretty convinced he will be mainly PR'ing but I guess you can't expect anything less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom