• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Kevyt

Oh shit!

Guys, we're a band now!

Your name is the first thing that comes to mind and I forget the others players names easily, lol.

Also, its important to keep voting records very early on, I guess Retro's update on current votes does it but we should be looking at who is voting for who after day 1.

Sorian and Friends sounds like an amazing band name. You're very welcome btw. 😊😀

Oh my gaaaaaaaawd! My diary page got torn out! Ugh, I need to tape it back in:

Dear diary,

The sun is like, beginning to set on the first day of my vacation. Not gonna lie, it's kinda been like, totally groady to the max.

I've heard that people are like, going missing in the middle of the night so I'm gonna like, leave this diary entry just in case. I've seen the other residents like, writing up this lists on everyone in town maybe it'd be a good idea if like, I made one too.

Fetch:

Sorian - I like, don't think things would be moving along nearly as much without him. I think that like, bad guys would want to like, keep discussion stagnant so if he went away it would like, totally stymie everyone else.

Coppanuva - Oh my gawd, it feels so good to have someone who like, focuses on your every word so intently! I feel like some kinda totally glam superstar! That aside, I feel like this guy is like, not afraid to speak his mind and challenge everything he finds suspicious which is like, totally the opposite of what I would do if I were like, totes sinister.

UltraJay - This guy seems, like, thoughtful and contemplative. I've like, never gotten any suspicious feelings from him which is totally gnarly considering how shady like, this whole town is.

Barf:

Darklighter - Even if he's like, not a bad guy, this dude is just like, gonna hurt town by sticking around. He needs to like, take a long walk off a short pier.

Seath - I'm like, not sure if he's just silly or if he's like, totally taking us on a ruse cruise. Either way, not the best look, shaka brah.

Pop-O-Matic - Hasn't done a super good job engaging in discussion and just feels, like, offputting to me. His vote has like, no bearing on how I feel about him but I'd like, totally love it if he could remind me why he finds me most suspicious cuz my memory is like, totally hazy at times.

Meh:

gryvan - Like, still not convinced this guy's cool. Something seems like kinda strange about him.

Trigger & Setre - Both of these dudes are like, hard to read. Setre like voted for no lynch which makes me feel like he just doesn't wanna end up getting like, fingers pointed at him in the future but I dunno. Trigger says he like, just a normal dude too which is like, a classic tactic for shifting suspicion. They like, totally use it on Night Court all the time.

Anyway I'd better like, get back to town before sunset. Betcha some stuff's gonna like, happen, shyeah.

Love and peace,

Lucy "Scrafty" Diablos

OOOXXX

There, much better.

Razmos

Here it is, sorry it is so late.

01 [m] StanleyPalmtree - His manner of talking is a bit distracting. He doesn't say much and when he does it is quite hard to follow. I don't really find him suspicious yet, but the possibility is there.

02 [m] UltraJay - Active and helpful, if not a little bit overzealous. I think he's town.

03 [m] Trigger - His claim to be town so early was a bit unnecessary and out of nowhere. He never really reacted to me voting for him, but I suppose I made it clear it was an RNG vote and so he hasn't needed to defend himself. The lack of defending against later accusations though strikes me as a little weird. Leaning mafia.

04 [m] Unmasked Ferret - I don't really find anything strange about his behaviour, he responds to everything in a calm manner despite being a bandwagon. Leaning town.

05 [m] Darklighter - Showed up pretty late and hasn't really done much. Voted for Sorian for "controlling the game" which seems like a weird reason since we probably wouldn't be having as much discussion without him. Null read but I'd like to hear more of what he has to say.

06 [m] Boo Boo'n - Neutral. doesn't seem suspicious but doesn't strike me as actively town either.

07 [m] Karu - Neutral. I have no real opinion of them so far, but as a new player on the first day that doesn't really surprise me. I'd like to see more of them going forward.

08 [m] TL21xx - Posted some good reads and seems like a decent player, but I don't really have an opinion one way or another so far.

09 [m] Ty4on - No clue really, too early to say

10 [m] Pop-O-Matic - Doesn't seem to be contributing much, but another person who I don't really have any opinion on yet.

11 [m] AbsolutBro - Inactivity (though I'm one to talk) means I don't really know much about him either, though he has given reasons and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for at least the first day phase.

12 [m] Mike_Hawk689 - Seems to know what he is doing, doesn't strike me as suspicious. Leaning town.

13 [m] Mazre - Also seems to know what he is doing, posted some good reads and hasn't said anything that strikes me as suspicious. Leaning town

14 [m] Razmos - Total scum, do not trust. Needs to be more active.

15 [f] ScraftyDevil - Her posts are way too fluffy, and like Stanley Palmtree, I find it a bit distracting and hard to follow. I'm not sure if I'd consider it scummy behaviour, but I don't find it particularly helpful either.

16 [-] Seath - Needs to think before he posts, the roleclaiming and then the backtracking was just really weird. Maybe not scum, but worth watching.

17 [m] Coppanuva - Seems pretty active and helpful, don't really find anything they have said suspicious. leaning town.

18 [m] squidyj - Throwing out baseless accusations again and expecting everyone to go along with them. Everyone just seems to naturally assume he's town for some reason. Still hasn't given a reason as to why he found me suspicious, other than just throwing it out there and saying "So what do you guys think?" and not giving any actual answers. Probably town but that doesn't mean I have to trust him.

19 [m] Sorian - Is definitely posting a lot and pushing most of the activity in the first day. Helpful, but I can see how that influence could be used for evil. Still think he is town though.

20 [m] Setre - No idea, another person I have no real opinion on yet.

21 [m] Fireblend - Seems helpful, posts a lot. leaning town.

22 [m] gryvan - Has left no impression on me one way or the other.

23 [m] Royal_Flush - Seems helpful, had some good reads. leaning town.

Out of everyone, the only 2 players I'm willing to vote for are Trigger and Squidyj. I don't really want to stick with my RNG vote (though it's convenient that it ended up like this) and voting for Squidyj just seems petty (and I doubt anyone here would take it well)

Trigger

Without me knowing the reason it doesn't mean much, but it looks like this was edited. That's kinda weird because none of the other reads seemed rushed and his read on me was the shortest of them all. I believe it's supposed to say “I can't get a read on him” with earlier versions including some form of “I just can't get enough *material *for a read on him”.
I just found it interesting :p

I was going to group you with AbsolutBro and Royal Flush, but decided to give you your own section since I don't lean town with you yet.lol typing a mega post leaves lots of room for small typos.

Sorian

Banned
I see lot of people saying that Squidy is awesome and reading Razmos post, he seems afraid to speak his mind on the subject because it might reflect back onto him or something. I just want to highlight this from my reads list:

Squidy - I don't know. On the surface, he is here to catch scum. You can see if when he actually posts which has felt pretty sparse and I recall him being a lot more enthralled with the game as a town member in gafia and Archer. I'm leaning scum on a gut level but not enough where I would feel comfortable voting for him. he is an asset for whatever team he is on and losing him early if he is town could be detrimental. - Neutral read (could go eitehr way, don't mean alignment)

I'm still unsure on Squidy but much like people say about me, he is doing work for now and whether scum or town, the discussion helps.

Sorian

Banned
You put yourself as your own suspect. That takes guts, especially when dudes like Sorian and Fireblend are out for blood.

Pro-tip: I actually find it more scummy when people write themselves into their reads list in the third person and say that they are the towniest town ever. Depending on the wording, I start to think that they are trying to reverse psychology us. Scrafty actually did that once when she was scum (I don't think purposely but I still docked her points for it).

Coppanuva

I've ruled out players that called me out on my bs such as Sorian, fireblend, coppabauva, Mazre and some other dudes.

Your name is the first thing that comes to mind and I forget the others players names easily, lol.

You don't say :p (Side note: I feel like I'm beginning my descent into Ouro-name-misspelling territory).

Back on topic: Razmos posted his reads cool. I'll think over them some on my way in to work probably, but at a cursory glance nothing seems to jump out at me too much so can't say for sure I'll have much to comment on. Good to see he delivered on it though.

Kevyt

Pro-tip: I actually find it more scummy when people write themselves into their reads list in the third person and say that they are the towniest town ever. Depending on the wording, I start to think that they are trying to reverse psychology us. Scrafty actually did that once when she was scum (I don't think purposely but I still docked her points for it).

I see... So scraftydevil was scum in a previous game? That may give a lot of insight on her play style this time around.

Ty4on

I see lot of people saying that Squidy is awesome and reading Razmos post, he seems afraid to speak his mind on the subject because it might reflect back onto him or something. I just want to highlight this from my reads list:

I'm still unsure on Squidy but much like people say about me, he is doing work for now and whether scum or town, the discussion helps.

To add to this he didn't have anything more on Razmos and Trigger despite them being his main targets.
So to start with Sorian is an aggressive and observant player who has been leading town, we can't lynch him, but we can't trust him either. It's the duty of every citizen of nightvale to doubt and fear everything. especially those we trust. What I mean is, if you see something wrong challenge him on it. My personal read right now is more townie than the others I put in that circle way back when, the only thing is outside of TL21xx I feel like he's sort of followed along what others have been saying, what I said about trigger, what people said about DarkLighter, etc, it doesn't mean much because we only have a limited number of avenues of inquiry open to us right now, but watch to see if that trend continues.
I don't have any definite proof either way, but Sorian lead the suspicion against me. Disregarding the RNG vote I couldn't find anyone saying they were suspicious of me before Sorian labeled me as scummy (#501).

Kevyt

Oh my gaaaaaaaawd! My diary page got torn out! Ugh, I need to tape it back in:

There, much better.

Here! have more likes so you don't like, run out of likes:

machine-gun-facebook-like.png

Sorian

Banned
I see... So scraftydevil was scum in a previous game? That may give a lot of insight on her play style this time around.

Gafia Mafia if you care to go read it. Otherwise she has been town (vanilla) in all of her other showings as far as I know/remember.

I don't have any definite proof either way, but Sorian lead the suspicion against me. Disregarding the RNG vote I couldn't find anyone saying they were suspicious of me before Sorian labeled me as scummy (#501).

You would be correct. I actually went back and looked you up in particular for that reads post because I noticed that no one else had anything to say about you after we got the RNG voting stuff out of the way. I believe Coppa parroted my sentiment later after this post but there hasn't been much and that's why I've made sure to put you into suspect territory in all of the rest of my posts.

Warxard

Banned
The longest standing votes are:

Pop-o-matic on Scrafty (182)
Boo Boo'n on Ferret (169)
Razmos on Trigger (post 155)
Karu on Scrafty (149)

These are all about 500 posts old at this point. To the 4 of you: Are you planning on changing your votes?

I am remaining form on my vote for Ferret. I do not trust him, at all and I have valid reasons to back up my decision ( which I can't post right now because I am in traffic. :( )

The longest standing votes are:

Pop-o-matic on Scrafty (182)
Boo Boo'n on Ferret (169)
Razmos on Trigger (post 155)
Karu on Scrafty (149)

These are all about 500 posts old at this point. To the 4 of you: Are you planning on changing your votes?

I am remaining form on my vote for Ferret. I do not trust him, at all and I have valid reasons to back up my decision ( which I can't post right now because I am in traffic. :( )

---
Unmasked Ferret is still a threat.

Reason 1: Dialogue
Originally, my vote for Unmasked Ferret was based on the RNG vote to begin with just for the sake of it. I'm still a rookie when it comes to these situations so the RNG was there for me to make a choice just to participate. Participating in the thread as much as I could and reading into calls more, my vote was beginning to wane on Ferret. But as the day progressed on and our townspeople continued to socialize with one another (say to around, page ten or so.), I started to get very concerned at Unmasked Ferret's reactions to the rest of the community.

For starters Ferret managed the added votes on him incredibly well for a newcomer, being admittedly reasonable and level headed for a supposed newcomer. But, look at this post:

There isn't really anything wrong with having safe opinions, but it is also an easy way for scum to make it look like they have been trying to really contribute so sometimes it's good to be wary of people with them.

By the time that remark was posted we see a notable shift in dialogue in regards to Ferret's handling of the piled on accusations, at the same time I suppose I was the only vote left that was hard pressed on someone (that someone, being, Ferret.) There's multiple posts of dialogue within the town that can contribute to this reason, more notably the interaction between Ferret and Darklighter.

Reason 2: Notably, Ferret has been avoiding debating accusations and giving explanations to accusations.

The point for the civilians is to speak up more, combine as a union to point out the scum and keep our town safe right? But why, on TWO occasions:
06 [m] Boo Boo'n – Thinks I’m a scummy weasel which is fine except for his response to my Darklighter vote which I’m debating whether or not to respond to since it’s been over twelve hours and some other people already pointed out how he was mixing up me and Fireblend. He was somewhat hung up on Sorian, and defended Darklighter. None of these are necessarily bad on their own but they make it hard for me to see him as town. Verdict: null but wary

Where his thoughts on me are stated, yet refuses to speak for himself and would rather let the other posters point out my fuckups, and:

I'm going to take my vote off of Royal and move it to

Vote: Darklighter

Primarily because I don't like his latest post for a slew of reasons.

Darklighter I'll ask now and hope you'll respond when you check GAF tomorrow. Did you only put your vote on Royal_Flush because he voted for you, or do you have some other reason?

This one. What /are/ your reasons, and what's stopping you from putting in the effort to aggregate those reasons with the rest of the townsfolk? It just seems too weird to me. Too passive. Less confrontational. Gliding on the votes and thoughts of other people (noted in the posts) just...makes me suspicious, is all.

--

Those are the two reasons why I have my highest suspicions for you, on the first day. UltraJay, ScraftyDevil, Sorian and yes even Darklighter are the rest of my questionable choices but for the first day, I'm pressing on you.

Which should be fine seeing as majority vote leans towards Darklighter anyway.

Ty4on

You would be correct. I actually went back and looked you up in particular for that reads post because I noticed that no one else had anything to say about you after we got the RNG voting stuff out of the way. I believe Coppa parroted my sentiment later after this post but there hasn't been much and that's why I've made sure to put you into suspect territory in all of the rest of my posts.

Yeah, I looked up Coppa to see if he did anything substantial before you. Heck, even with his vote it feels like you've been much more aggressive against me.

Kevyt

Will edit when out of this industrial centipede.

Don't Gaf and drive dude.. Come on...

Ty4on

VOTE: ScraftyDevil

Mostly just to have a vote. Dark just seems like a new player, but apart from that I don't have anything against voting him out and will switch to prevent a tie.

Sorian

Banned
VOTE: ScraftyDevil

Mostly just to have a vote. Dark just seems like a new player, but apart from that I don't have anything against voting him out and will switch to prevent a tie.

What was the thought process for Scrafty even if it was just to have a vote down. I don't see you being highly suspicious of her in recent posts.

Wait, we have one more hour.
VOTE: Mike_Hawk689
He is a proxy to squidyj.

And then here, what do you mean he is a proxy to squidy? I see you reading Mike as scummy and Squidy as townie.

Ty4on

What was the thought process for Scrafty even if it was just to have a vote down. I don't see you being highly suspicious of her in recent posts.

And then here, what do you mean he is a proxy to squidy? I see you reading Mike as scummy and Squidy as townie.

I didn't have any better targets than her and she is not a newbie.

Regarding Mike I feel like his flip can tell us something of squidy. It's a biiig stretch, but squidy could have told him to make that post.

Sorian

Banned
We're in the last hour everyone. I know everyone gets a hard on for weird end of days but I'm content with this day 1, don't ruin it.

Coppanuva

We're in the last hour everyone. I know everyone gets a hard on for weird end of days but I'm content with this day 1, don't ruin it.

I plan to keep mine where it is still. I still don't think DarkLighter is scum, but I also don't think we lose too much since he claimed ordinary town and isn't terribly responsive to posts. I'm voting where I think I'm more likely to find scum.

Sorian

Banned
I plan to keep mine where it is still. I still don't think DarkLighter is scum, but I also don't think we lose too much since he claimed ordinary town and isn't terribly responsive to posts. I'm voting where I think I'm more likely to find scum.

I don't mean so much with votes, if people feel the need to whirlwind the votes then whatever, I'm here to watch and comment. I meant more with role claims.

I will say real quick that I don't plan to vote for you as I still kinda want Scrafty to get got ASAP, though, if I was to go the "lets eliminate one of the least active players to keep scum from using them as a "safe" night kill, I think I'd rather go with StanleyPalmtree over you because, while they've given an excuse for why the haven't been playing unlike you just kind of shrugging it off for not thinking it matters, I think, because of how much discussion you have managed to unintentionally spring up around yourself, that you're no longer a "safe" choice for the scum anymore, unlike Stanley.

Still believe this line of reasoning, hence why I'm doing this:

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

Hopefully we can get something rollin' here...

Fireblend

Banned
I'm also satisfied with today. I feel like a safe Darklighter lynch isn't that bad, we're getting rid of dead weight and none of the other answers strike me as compelling. This last minute pileup on MikeHawk is interesting. What post of his are you referring to that squidyj could have told him to make, Ty4on? Sorry if it was a super recent thing and I missed it.

My first class starts right when the day ends and I have to leave to get there now, so I won't be around when the day ends.

I will say that if Dark had come back sooner and made a post with more of his thoughts on the state of the game and players so far, and had justified his RF vote with more than "eye for an eye" I may have been willing to change my vote on him after some discussion. As is there really isn't any point since he is more detrimental to town and I doubt that the other people currently on the block will gain enough traction.

Fireblend

Banned

I disagree with that reasoning. Stanley justified his absence today, hopefully he'll pick up the pace over the next days, and if Darklighter is indeed an anti-town townie, then the fastest we get rid of him and stop wasting time discussing an ordinary holding us down, the better.

Coppanuva

I don't understand your argument. Why isn't he a "safe" choice for scum now? Because we're on the edge of lynching him as is? They'd leave him for us to kill, I don't see how your logic is defending him here?

Ty4on

I'm also satisfied with today. I feel like a safe Darklighter lynch isn't that bad, we're getting rid of dead weight and none of the other answers strike me as compelling. This last minute pileup on MikeHawk is interesting. What post of his are you referring to that squidyj could have told him to make, Ty4on? Sorry if it was a super recent thing and I missed it.
If you look at my post replying to Coppa regarding my initial vote on Mike you'll find a quote of squidy where he read Mike as town because he had potentially outed Seath. Squidy noted that had he been scum he would probably have told scum chat first about and they would most likely have told him to stay quiet about it.

If he flips hope then I trust squidyj more for that subtle read. If he flips scum squidyj's read makes sense for all the wrong reasons.

I also feel more comfortable lynching town Mike than town squidyj all else being equal.

Ty4on

I disagree with that reasoning. Stanley justified his absence today, hopefully he'll pick up the pace over the next days, and if Darklighter is indeed an anti-town townie, then the fastest we get rid of him and stop wasting time discussing an ordinary holding us down, the better.
I do agree with this though. I'll switch my vote to avoid a tie and have no problem with dark being lynched.

Sorian

Banned
If you look at my post replying to Coppa regarding my initial vote on Mike you'll find a quote of squidy where he read Mike as town because he had potentially outed Seath. Squidy noted that had he been scum he would probably have told scum chat first about and they would most likely have told him to stay quiet about it.

If he flips hope then I trust squidyj more for that subtle read. If he flips scum squidyj's read makes sense for all the wrong reasons.

I also feel more comfortable lynching town Mike than town squidyj all else being equal.

For our new players, the bolded means if he flips town.

Mazre

Quietest non-majority end of day ever? I think the city council may be putting sedatives in our water supply. I mean more than normal.

Sorian

Banned
Quietest non-majority end of day ever? I think the city council may be putting sedatives in our water supply. I mean more than normal.

No day 1 gambit = no freaky weird end of day.

It also helps that no one claimed miller or role revealed out of turn. This day 1 has actually been my dream for the most part.

Coppanuva

If I weren't of the opinion Dark is a townie, I would be more concerned. I still think we're (for the most part) knowingly lynching a townie here.

Sorian

Banned
Except for the not hitting scum part. I doubt we are going to get the true dream unless Dark was really really playing the low key scum.

Coppanuva

Your assignment for this night phase: Watch The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street (it's not really the best Twilight Zone at all, but I wanted to use this quote to end the phase):

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices...to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill...and suspicion can destroy...and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own -- for the children and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is...that these things cannot be confined...to Night Vale.

RetroMG

Hello, Listeners.

Our top story today is the Sheriff's secret police's continuing hunt for the strange figures that have infiltrated our little berg. Night Vale has been abuzz with discussion on who these shadowy figures could be. Perhaps it was the busty tourist, or maybe the gentleman dressed like he's from an old TV show.

One person who hasn't been saying much is a Mister Darklighter, out on the edge of town. We sent Chad the Intern to perform an interview, but reports are coming in that he saw Mister Darklighter being dragged out into the sand wastes by members of the Sheriff's secret police. So, I guess that silence caught up to him. In an effort to save him, Intern Chad ran after them, but was bitten by a poisonous Rattlespider. To the family of Intern Chad, we send our deepest regrets and look forward to seeing you at the Intern Funeral and Family Picnic next weekend.

Darklighter, an Oridinary Citizen of Night Vale, has died.

Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Citizen of Night Vale

(That means you aren't special enough to have a power role.)

You are aligned with Night Vale (That's the Town)

Who knows what horrors drove you to this little desert community. You can make up your own story. I won't contradict you in front of the other radio personalities. Honest.

You do not have any actions. You can vote, though, and your vote is your power! Use it wisely, Listener.

You win when no more Mafia aligned players remain.

Game thread is here:

Have fun!

All I know, Night Vale, is that we should all be so lucky to set our own futures. Darklighter did not. I don’t know that I will.

Each day the sun rises and sets. The moon pulls the tides. Our hearts beat. Our loved ones love us back. And we share our inhales and exhales with the great organism that is our tiny planet.

But, if you watch the sun rise again tomorrow morning, think to yourself: past performance is not a predictor of future results. And then force a smile, drink another cup of coffee, and try not to look down as you walk across the soil that will eventually fill your lifeless lungs and repurpose your corpse.

Each day that is, is a blessing, Night Vale.

And now, stay tuned next for the popular radio game show, Wait, Wait, Don’t! No, Don’t! Please, Don’t!

Goodnight, Night Vale. Goodnight.

Day 1 has ended

Today’s proverb: The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway puppy-ball. The most weird game is esoteric bear.

Night 1 ends in:
pin_1448301600.png

RetroMG

Since we have a lot of new players, I will remind everyone that you may not post in this thread until the night phase is over.

Of course, a couple people will do it anyway, but I'm gonna ask you nicely to not.

Kevyt

Since we have a lot of new players, I will remind everyone that you may not post in this thread until the night phase is over.

Of course, a couple people will do it anyway, but I'm gonna ask you nicely to not.

Yeah, there's always people who do that.

Bunch of rebels and lawless rule breakers! 😈

Palmer_v1

Should we warn them about the X strikes before modkill thing or let a brave soul find out on their own?

Top Bottom