• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

HUELEN10

Spirit of Jazz said:
:lol I have a friend that recently brought a PS3 on top of his 360 solely because of MGS4.
Ah. I think I understand now. I personally bought my 60GB for the fact that I have NEVER owned a Playstation, and wanted to play Space Channel 5 Part 2, Heavenly Sword, Odin Sphere, Ktamari 1 and 2, and MGS 1-4. It was worth it!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
panda21 said:
if they make a 360 version isnt this just going to really piss off all the hardcore mgs fans who bought a ps3 just for mgs4 after konami kept saying it would be exclusive? 6 months exclusive?? :lol
I bought a PS3 because MGS4.

Whatever this is, you know that Kojima is involved, because that one picture is designed specifically to fuck with people as much as possible and you know he's the one behind that sort of thing.

tino

Banned
While a MGS4 subwhat for 360 make sense, (Consider an acting job very done by Kojima. Anyone who care about MGS enough has already played it on PS3) I am hoping for something new. The power button to me I interprete as "reboot". I hope is a Metal Gear Saga reboot. Well don't mind me speak with my head in this crazy thread.

HUELEN10

badcrumble said:
Whatever this is, you know that Kojima is involved, because that one picture is designed specifically to fuck with people as much as possible and you know he's the one behind that sort of thing.
Didn't Kojima say he was like leaving MGS?

First footage :eek:

2ir6bh1.gif

Calcaneus

You know what, fuck Kojima Productions if they are planning another Metal Gear game so soon. Seriously, after MGS4, don't we want to see Kojima working on something else?

MNC

industrian said:
This is either going to lead to mass suicides or the largest misuse of hype in the world ever.

If it's the former, I wonder how they'll alter the PS3 references in the game. For example, the bit in Shadow Moses where Otacon tells you to change the disk wouldn't be a joke.
They wouldn't, sadly. Just look at all the other ports :<

epaturun

Saw this few days ago on hotukdeals http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/2858...sole-with/showpost.php?p=3608147&postcount=52 and dismissed it but now...

Quote:

rickynelson:

The ps3 is having very poor sales and a futher price cut is on the table for q1 09. Also Metal gear solid is also going to be announced the same quarter on the Xbox 360 so it will have an even tougher time ahead.

------------------------

Wait for Q1 and you will see. Reminds me posting about seeing an early cycle of GTA on the PSP months before it was announced and stating that on the lovely gizmondo forums and being told I was making it up.

And do you really think the $ony execs will let it out about the price drop and halt sales? I am glad that they are having a hard time at the moment as that is the only way to get them to start putting the price down and getting more exclusives signed up. I hardly touch my launch P$3 and hope to finally get some good games Q4 next year.

Tenbatsu

Graphics Horse said:
First footage :eek:

2ir6bh1.gif
:lol

tzare said:
played the single player and online co-op, very disapointing.

-awful partner ai in sp
-too much, too hectic
-no atmo at all
-controls dont feel right (like duckroll said)
-annoying blue bar on the top of the screen
-tearing from hell when you play with vga cables
-tries too hard to be resident evil 4 and doesnt even come close
-guns feel like toys, sound is awful
-shooting enemies isnt as fun and responsive as in re4
-game tries to be a shooter and fails
-realtime inventory is annoying as hell

de momento no parece que guste mucho ^^
:O

[Nintex]

tzare said:

-awful partner ai in sp
-too much, too hectic
-no atmo at all

what?

Ploid 3.0

tino said:
While a MGS4 subwhat for 360 make sense, (Consider an acting job very done by Kojima. Anyone who care about MGS enough has already played it on PS3) I am hoping for something new. The power button to me I interprete as "reboot". I hope is a Metal Gear Saga reboot. Well don't mind me speak with my head in this crazy thread.

This is an interesting view. The i (upside down !) + a upright ! = Reboot with a ! in it? The series is in for a reboot or something now anyway. Where do they go from here? They can't use the snake character, some long lost clone or anything (maybe they can but that would just be stupid). I hope the new Metal Gear is all about super awesome mechs.

Metal Gear Z.O.E. Full circle baby.

panda21

tzare said:

-awful partner ai in sp
-too much, too hectic
-no atmo at all

wrong thread? :lol

its all happening today :lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
tzare said:

-awful partner ai in sp
-too much, too hectic
-no atmo at all

oh shit !!

this isn't the RE5 demo thread !

panda21

he said he was done with metal gear solid but might make more metal gear games

but then later he also said he hadnt achieved what he hoped with mgs4 so he might make another..

Backflip

When I saw the image, it made me think about a new Metal Gear Ac!d for the DSi.

Besides, it says "a next Metal Gear" and not "a next Metal Gear Solid".

panda21 said:
if they make a 360 version isnt this just going to really piss off all the hardcore mgs fans who bought a ps3 just for mgs4 after konami kept saying it would be exclusive? 6 months exclusive?? :lol

yeah 6 months exclusive because the game is gonna come out tomorrow :lol :lol

Jme

womfalcs3 said:
Given the upside down "i", it's MG Acid for sure.

I thought these were called exclamation marks... But I disagree about it being Acid "for sure", it could be, but the ! is a symbol common with the franchise.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I can't believe I read the entire thread. :lol

This won't make up for getting banned for an indirect mention of MGS4 on 360 way back when, but it WILL make up for the lack of trophies in MGS4. I haven't played it since I first beat it, foolishly waiting for a trophy patch. Konami can get real creative with the achievements. The lack of installs between chapters (my assumption since no X360 games require installs) will also help the game to have a more natural flow to it. My only concerns are the audio (MGS4 has godly audio) and if there are any other compromises that have to be made for this port.

panda21

did they use the upside down ! only for acid or other games too?

i thought i remembered rumors of some psn/live acid game ages ago

hc2

MMaRsu said:
Oh my god..if a MGS for 360 came out I'd go fucking crazy :D :D :D

As Kotaku commenter El-Suave pointed out earlier, the quote from Konami PR mouthpiece Yoshitaka Arai about "looking into" an Xbox 360 Metal Gear Solid 4 has since been removed from the original source article. The new quote is from Konami PR manager Chiaki Nakajima, does not mention Xbox 360 or MGS4, and reads:

"While making use of each platform's strong suits, we are going multi-platform from henceforth."

Thanks Konami for the edits! As if this clusterfuck didn't need more drama. While we're not sure if Arai simply misspoke or was just plain wrong, what we are pretty sure is that guy got in trouble. Big trouble. What do you make of this?

http://kotaku.com/5064851/konamis-xbox-360-metal-gear-quote-was-erased

womfalcs3

Banned
handofg0d said:
I thought these were called exclamation marks... But I disagree about it being Acid "for sure", it could be, but the ! is a symbol common with the franchise.

They are called that, but the presentation suggests a reflection of the "i", so I said an upside down "i".

HUELEN10

VanMardigan said:
I can't believe I read the entire thread. :lol

This won't make up for getting banned for an indirect mention of MGS4 on 360 way back when, but it WILL make up for the lack of trophies in MGS4. I haven't played it since I first beat it, foolishly waiting for a trophy patch. Konami can get real creative with the achievements. The lack of installs between chapters (my assumption since no X360 games require installs) will also help the game to have a more natural flow to it. My only concerns are the audio (MGS4 has godly audio) and if there are any other compromises that have to be made for this port.
If 360 MGS4 becomes a reality, couldn't it do a full HDD install from Xbox Live Marketplace as you play? Kinda like Halo 2 for Vista?

Justin Bailey

------ ------
panda21 said:
Anyone that actually believed that is an idiot.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
HUELEN10 said:
If 360 MGS4 becomes a reality, couldn't it do a full HDD install from Xbox Live Marketplace as you play? Kinda like Halo 2 for Vista?

I don't know what the hell you're talking about. In fact, I haven't understood any of your posts in this thread. Clarify, please.

Top Bottom