• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

HUELEN10

VanMardigan said:
I don't know what the hell you're talking about. In fact, I haven't understood any of your posts in this thread. Clarify, please.
Okay. Apparently full 360 titles as downloads from the marketplace might become a possibility. Couldn't one buy the game from there, play it, and have it install while you play? I have heard that the Vista version of HALO 2 Installs part of the game, then lets you dive into it while installing the rest. Would it be possibly to do that for mgs4?

What is so hard to understand about that?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
HUELEN10 said:
Okay. Apparently full 360 titles as downloads from the marketplace might become a possibility. Couldn't one buy the game from there, play it, and have it install while you play? I have heard that the Vista version of HALO 2 Installs part of the game, then lets you dive into it while installing the rest. Would it be possibly to do that for mgs4?

I don't see how that would make sense. MGS4 on Ps3 is probably around 40-50GB's, and even compressed it's going to be much larger than would be practical for download. Disc swapping is fine, it worked for Lost Odyssey just fine, and is a better alternative than the retarded installs in the Ps3 version.

HUELEN10

VanMardigan said:
I don't see how that would make sense. MGS4 on Ps3 is probably around 40-50GB's, and even compressed it's going to be much larger than would be practical for download. Disc swapping is fine, it worked for Lost Odyssey just fine, and is a better alternative than the retarded installs in the Ps3 version.
I am not saying ti would be perfectly sensible. I am merely pondering if it is possible.

skybaby

VanMardigan said:
Plus disc swapping is faster than the installs

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I would be perfectly happy with these scenarios:

MGS4 campaign DLC for Ps3
MGS4 on 360
MGS Trilogy remake for X360 or Ps3

But I would absolutely hate it if this news turned out to be a frickin iphone, DS, or Wii version of MGS.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
im guessing its going to be a brief update for MGS4 which tells us what happened to snake after his six months got over ..

and possibly a look at who the next MGS protagonist will be (not raiden please).

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I for one hope that Kojima has finally moved on to other projects. give it to that other fellow who worked on mgs4.

Kolgar

Whatever this is, it's 360 related.

The use of that distinctive green color and the resemblance to the 360 power button is no coincidence.

Chris_C

What REALLY bugs me is why does it say "A next MGS" instead of "The next MGS"

Are we talking Metal Gear Solid Fabula Nova Crystallis?

$h@d0w

Kolgar said:
Whatever this is, it's 360 related.

The use of that distinctive green color and the resemblance to the 360 power button is no coincidence.

or Kojima is just fucking with you.

amar212

Actually, it's Metal Gear Solid 5: Prologue.

You'll pay for the game that is actually a demo and online-beta, and you'l be happy pupy.

LiK

:lol found this pic online, sorry if it's a repost. too many pages to search through.

x00010525680687474703a2f2f696d672e3.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
TheKingsCrown said:
This will forever go down, either way, as the "A Next Metal Gear Is" saga.

Sounds like a potential new meme to me.
In before it's run into the ground.

gkryhewy

I would pay sixty United States dollars for this game - might even buy the CE! Please make it happen, Konami.

Exactly 6 months from MGS4 release? Sounds like a deal expiring.

Top Bottom