• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Palmer_v1

Welcome to Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?
vEdrSRH.jpg

Night had fallen on the town of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, and Bob wandered through the town square in a drunken stupor. His wife had left him earlier in the day, angry at him for not batting an eye when she revealed that she had been cheating on him with the Butcher, the Baker, and the Candlestick Maker.

At the same time.

He didn't care. This town was a cesspool, filled with the worst sort of people. He longed to leave the town, to walk down streets lined with primrose instead of tobacco, to sleep on a mattress filled with wool instead of tobacco, and to smoke something finer than the horrible marijuana that grew there. The only escape, he felt, was death. He desired the release from this mortal coil, but not before he saw everyone else get horribly murdered.

He heard a knock at the town gate, and he stumbled towards it, letting out a gruff "Hello?"

"Uh, hello. We are, um, wol- I mean, traders from Adifferentvillage, totally miles away from here. You've probably never heard of it. We have many goods to sell - may we enter?" A voice from the other side of the gate responded.

"You're not trying to trick me, are you? You aren't wolves, are you?"

"No! No, of course not. That would be just terrible. We are perfectly normal humans with perfectly normal tails."

Bob mused over the response, rubbing his chin, but only rubbed thin air, because he was fucking plastered. "Eh, we don't want any traders."

“How about some wandering prophets? We can help your town see the future!”

“I’ve already seen the future. It’s lined with dog shit and broken dreams.”

“Darn. Can we at least have some food and water?”

“I don’t have any, sorry. All I have is this ball. You want the ball?”

“BALL? YES! A BALL! THROW THE BALL!”

Bob's eyes widened, and a dark smile grew upon his face. "I knew it! You're wolves! You're more than welcome! Come in, come in!" He unbarred the gate, easing it open with a creak.

A group of wolves, baring their fangs, grinned. "Thank you, human. We shall kill you last."

"Oh, thank you! Thank you!"

The wolves transformed, assuming human appearances, and they made their way into the village, ready to fuck some shit up.

The current inhabitants and visitors of this Village
01 [m] CrimsonFist - New
02 [m] Xamtheking - New
03 [m] Style - New
04 [m] Lollipop Dave - New
05 [m] FluxWaveZ - New
06 [m] CzarTim
07 [-] Darryl
08 [m] RobotNinjaHornets - Replaced by Trigger
09 [m] ultron87
10 [m] MattyG
11 [f] StarSketch - Replaced by Sawneeks
12 [m] Septimus Prime
13 [m] QuantumBro
14 [m] Timeaisis
15 [m] GreatLord Tiger - Replaced by Hyperactivity
16 [m] CornBurrito
17 [m] El Topo - Replaced by Burbeting
18 [m] Terrabyte20xx
19 [m] Makai
20 [m] batsnacks
21 [m] cabot
22 [m] *Splinter
23 [m] Rats Off To Ya
24 [m] Zippedpinhead
25 [f] Swamped
26 [m] kingkitty
27 [m] Drop - New
28 [m] Boo Boo 'n - New
29 [m] Fireblend

Moderator:
Palmer_v1
Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Example role PM:

Welcome Dogmeat!

You are an Ordinary Villager.

You can vote!

Villagers win when they’ve eliminated all threats to the VIllage.

COUNTDOWN TO DAY 4 END:

red_1450116000.png

Ourobolus

Banned
Rules

Fundamental
1. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not tarnish this community.
2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.
3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.
4. Within reason, you are allowed to lie about any game material or game-related conversations that could conceivably have appeared outside this thread [such as the content of role PMs or private chats allowed by a role]. If unsure whether a lie is reasonable, please ask the game-runner.
5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.
6. The player list includes the preferred personal pronoun of each player. Please try to use the correct pronoun.
7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun.

Activity and Deadlines
8. Treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' fun is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.
9. If you do not post in this thread at least once per Day Phase period without prior permission, you will be sent a PM requesting you respond immediately (a "prod"). If you do not respond to a prod by the end of the following Night Phase, you will be replaced.
10. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify the game-runner by PM in advance. Leave of up to one Day and Night Phase (seven days) is possible.
11. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of 7 days, please notify the game-runner by PM so that you can be replaced in good time - we're sad to see you go, but other players need to be able to continue to play.
12. Each Day Phase will last 4 days. Day Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 96 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
13. Each Night phase will last 3 days. Night Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 72 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
14. If a Phase ends and the game-runner has not received an action PM from a player with a relevant action, then that Phase will end with that that player making no action.
14.1 In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody lynched ("no-lynch").
15. If a replacement is needed, they may PM the game-runner once to request the Night Phase in which they join is extended by up to 2 days, to allow catch-up time.
16. Game-runners may change the length of Phases at their discretion. However, they will inform players at the start of the equivalent Phase before (i.e., if Day 7 is set to be shortened, players will be told no later than the start of Day 6).

Voting, Lynching, and Death
17. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format: VOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
18. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format: UNVOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. It is not necessary to unvote before casting new vote for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.
19. Players may use VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day Phase without a lynch ("No Lynch"). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
20. Please make sure your votes are spelled correctly - we are using an automated voting count tool and it is necessary that votes are spelled properly.
21. Once someone has received a majority] of the available votes, the day ends with the Lynch of that player or a No Lynch (whichever applies). Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that Phase will not be counted, and the Night Phase will begin shortly.
22. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not post during the Twilight Phase.
23. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

The Dead Thread
24. To allow dead players to freely discuss the game with other dead players, a secret thread hast been created at Outer Gafia.
25. On death, a player will receive access to their game's Dead thread. At this point, they may request access to the dead thread for the other Season 4 games, or they may join the replacement list for the other games. They may not do both. If a player opted to join the replacement list, they may change their mind, but players who have a link to the other Dead Threads cannot act as replacements.
26. The Dead Thread will also be made available to non-players, provided they have played in at least one GAF mafia game before in which they did not go inactive. These non-players will also be disbarred from the replacement list.

Other
27. Outside of votes and explicit allowances made by role PMs, the use of the highlight tag is strictly the game-runner's prerogative. Do not use it.
28. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, a replacement will be sought.
29. Do not use the email tags to hide extra content in your posts.
30. A list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") can be requested by contacting any game-runner or game-tutor. There will also be a link in post three to the current count, when it is available.
31. Game-runners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes, and changes will be consistent across games.
32. In general, do not try and exploit loop-holes in the rules.
33. Completed GAF games are often read by people thinking of signing up in the future. As such, please keep your avatar spoiler free - it should not allude to your role or alignment.
34. Palmer is a poopyhead.

Palmer_v1

Game specific stuff!

I am using Royal_Flush’s vote counting program so make sure your votes are on their own lines, spelled correctly, and highlighted. If there is a dispute, I will err in whichever direction amuses me the most!

The current vote tally will always be here: http://rfnx.ddns.net/mafia/1145600.html

Some of this may also be repeated from the other rules, but here are a few highlights for me, specifically:

I allow self-voting.
I do not use Karkador’s method for vote majorities.
This is a normal game! No bastard roles or rules.
I may shorten day/night phases later when player count decreases.
Don’t post in this thread after a Day has ended, even if I haven’t posted the lynch results yet. There may be roles that act during Dusk.
Don’t be a dick for no reason.
Ouro says I have to say to have fun as well, so there ya go, you miserable bastards.
If the wolves don’t get you, Pneumonia will.
If the Pneumonia doesn’t get you, the Moderator will.
If all else fails, spin the mysterious wheel and we’ll reset this shit.

The Sheriff's Role PM:

Welcome Future Dead person!

You are a Village-aligned Sheriff.

Nobody likes you, ok? You’re only in this position because you are forced to live in the Sheriff’s cottage on the edge of the village, away from everyone else. You probably could have avoided this problem with a bath once in awhile, but after a horrible incident involving a bar of soap, a cucumber, and the bullies at school, you’ve had a several phobia of getting clean. At least you’ve been able to convince everyone to let you speak, but it’s really only because they know you’ll leave them alone once you’re done. Still, you’re lonely. So ronery. There has to be someway to make a friend coerce someone into hanging out with you, or at least to take over this shitty job when you inevitably get killed by a wolf with no nose.

Thanks to your public office, you begin the game known to all other Villagers. As the Sheriff, you also have two abilities.

First, thanks to your influence, you Double vote using the command Double: <target>.

Second, you MUST deputize another player once a Day by posting the command Deputize: <target> to the game thread. Your Deputy has no special powers but will take over as Sheriff if you die. This does not change their own role, alignment, or win conditions in any way.

Villagers win when they’ve eliminated all threats to the Village.

Makai

@CornBurrito - I have seen zero evidence for clumping in the post count distribution. Strategies like that never work. Just cross-examine people.

Makai

I thought we still had a shot. All the games I've been in had more improbable victories. Jailor was going to execute all Ordinary Villagers he came across and then reveal himself to me later using a codeword. I considered him a member of the Werewolves.

I thought we still had a shot. All the games I've been in had more improbable victories. Jailor was going to execute all Ordinary Villagers he came across and then reveal himself to me later using a codeword. I considered him a member of the Werewolves.

yeah i was pulling for you makai :>

also if i was sophia, i'd be writing all sorts of EPICLOL fakies in the midst of my crying my eyes out

just in case town would actually be darling enough to believe that i was just ~joking guize~

:>

sophia, no i kid. i'd be totes worst mafia of all time when i finally get to play scum. #town4lyfe

@CornBurrito - I have seen zero evidence for clumping in the post count distribution. Strategies like that never work. Just cross-examine people.

I don't see zero evidence. I've explained it before.

Mafia can win by controlling the flow of discussion. That's what was working in Election and in Dangan. You can control flow of discussion by posting a lot.

Palmer_v1

Anyone that is impacted by this holiday weekend to a degree that you don't feel comfortable starting a day phase, please let me know.

I know Septimus has already said it's an issue for him. Depending on the numbers, we might be able to start anyway and just give a free pass to the small number who can't participate Day 1, trusting that nobody will lie about their plans.

Otherwise, we can simple delay and start on like Sunday.

Day start/end will be at 11am CST this time, so Europeans aren't as hosed.

Also, due to the sudden size increase of the game, we'll be doing Day phases of 72 hours, and Night phases of 48 so we stay on pace to finish with HP and Nightvale.

Makai

I don't see zero evidence. I've explained it before.

Mafia can win by controlling the flow of discussion. That's what was working in Election and in Dangan. You can control flow of discussion by posting a lot.
Statistically speaking, any trend you've seen can be explained with random chance. It's not a good indicator at all. And it feels like an invasion of privacy to me. I hate it.

Statistically speaking, any trend you've seen can be explained with random chance. It's not a good indicator at all. And it feels like an invasion of privacy to me. I hate it.

You might be right. If it makes you feel better, I wasn't going to use that alone to scum hunt someone. But I did use it as an additional reason to be wary of Cabot and Flux.

Palmer_v1

At this point, the PMs will be very sporadically being delivered over the next 24 hours. I need to give everyone time to post here for availability and shit.

Top Bottom