• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

I assume so, yeah. Even back then Logan was telling William how they monitor everything. Some of that seemed superstitious (monitoring heart rate to know to send Dolores to William), but it's probably based on fact.

i dont get it

if he's alive and he returned with william, wouldn't he not let go of his control of delos? he wouldn't be ashamed of being found naked either, if he was alive. considering he has been naked a lot in the park and has done other more scandalous things like raping and pillaging and murdering and all that. the parks' employees, i imagine, would have to sign some kind of NDA about the guests' shenanigans. so, being found naked on a horse isn't that much of a concern, i think

i think he died in that park. somehow deus-ex-FORD made it happen cuz he needed the money

Starfield

Just watched the first episode and can't believe how amazing this show is!

Tell me, is the show built like Lost or Breaking Bad? cus it sure looks so

"Hey I murdered your brother, marry me and let me take over your father's company"

No, Logan is 100% alive. It makes no sense any other way.

well william wouldn't be THAT dense!

he'd go "hi.... ; __ ; sorry, i came back home on my own ; ___ ; your bro died.... ; ___ ; it was.... it was an accident! gasp!"

then wife internally went oshit i dont believe his lies. jpg but she couldn't out with it cuz of their young child... etc....

u see?

like, if logan was alive, dont you think he WONT let william have control of delos????

Ferrio

Banned
like, if logan was alive, dont you think he WONT let william have control of delos????

I'm sure he put up a fight, but the trope of a son in law taking over the family buisness because he seemed better suited isn't anything new. Not only is killing him off screen with no explanation of the fallout really stupid, but it also throws away a potential character for season 2. I'm placing bets that logan is still part of the company, maybe managing a different park instead of the whole company and has a huge axe to grind with William.

I'm sure he put up a fight, but the trope of a son in law taking over the family buisness because he seemed better suited isn't anything new. Not only is killing him off seen with no explanation of the fallout really stupid, but it also throws away a potential character for season 2. I'm placing bets that logan is still part of the company, maybe managing a different park instead of the whole company and has a huge axe to grind with William.

i think logan would make it REALLY, really difficult for william though, if he's alive

he'd spread all sorts of nasty rumours about william falling for a robot etc

Joni

Unless heat and starvation drives him mad. A company on the hedge of bankruptcy will have way less people actually paying attention to guests.

Ferrio

Banned
i think logan would make it REALLY, really difficult for william though, if he's alive

he'd spread all sorts of nasty rumours about william falling for a robot etc

Which is why Logan would make a great antagonist for season 2.

Also we know that outside life was hard for William, his wife and daughter hated him due to the stories of him in the park.

Which is why Logan would make a great antagonist for season 2.

i look forward to it, then!!!

but yeah, i cant imagine william being able to gain control of delos if it was known that he had the hots for dolores .... specially if his wife knows about it from logan,.... (awkward)

but sure okay, maybe s2 will bring us even more hard-to-believe narratives :D

Somebody must have spilled the beans to William's wife about his behavior in the parks.

and..... delos let this someone with such scandals attached to him as their leader?

it's the wife/logan's family that is wealthy and holds the power in delos, right? logan would just let william take the company away from him?

i mean i dont mind this storyline, truly. maybe it will be like that tv show of old, dynasty or something

it will be catty and awesome

Ferrio

Banned
It's a way bigger stretch that William could murder his brother in law in a place that's heavily monitored and get away with it opposed to just brown nosing father in law to climb the corporate ladder.

Ferrio

Banned
An alarm is only useful if someone listens to it.

The son of owner of the company gets killed in the park and you don't think they wouldn't investigate it heavily? If he got killed in the park why would they even consider investing more into the place? "My son got killed in a place that you promised was safe, this sounds like a good investment"

even if every host is a monitor, if ford wanted it, he could swing a murder or two in the park, you know

it's not like... he hasn't done it, right?

and he needs the money, yeah?

If Ford has been watching William and Dolores and he needed the money to open his park, he'd arrange for things to happen so that what William wanted (to invest into his park) becomes reality, right?

This is my new phone wallpaper:

Cw26gh-WEAA4D0m.jpg

Why would you even say that :( Now everybody else will be a disappointment.

Viggo would be cool too, just tell him there's riding involved and he'll be game

Love it.

Michael Biehn.

LOVE IT.

jax

Banned
Was it just me or was the finale really, really awful?

Like it was obvious from episode 1
bernard was a bot
, then they had to go "
oh he's Arnold too
" and oh yeah, he's also a dog, and he's also your grandpa. Just seems like lazy writing honestly. I hated when Mr Robot did the same thing "oh,
he's your dad, she's your sister
, that pile of rocks over there is actually... your dog!"

Like there's a way to have compelling twists in a story. Just saying character A is ABCDEFG isn't a twist. It's like an afterthought.

This season poised more questions than it answered.
wtf was that samurai world
that no one even mentioned or hinted at at all before? Everything about the finale seemed rushed. I'm hoping season 2 is better. Season 1 had pacing issues for sure. Dunno if I'll check out season 2 without
Hopkins

boxter432

Was it just me or was the finale really, really awful?

Like it was obvious from episode 1
bernard was a bot
, then they had to go "
oh he's Arnold too
" and oh yeah, he's also a dog, and he's also your grandpa. Just seems like lazy writing honestly. I hated when Mr Robot did the same thing "oh,
he's your dad, she's your sister
, that pile of rocks over there is actually... your dog!"

Like there's a way to have compelling twists in a story. Just saying character A is ABCDEFG isn't a twist. It's like an afterthought.

This season poised more questions than it answered.
wtf was that samurai world
that no one even mentioned or hinted at at all before? Everything about the finale seemed rushed. I'm hoping season 2 is better. Season 1 had pacing issues for sure. Dunno if I'll check out season 2 without
Hopkins
most of your complaints have nothing to do with the finale?
and there being other worlds are mildly teased with "Delos Destinations" on the walls, and ..well the source material...

Christine

most of your complaints have nothing to do with the finale?
and there being other worlds are mildly teased with "Delos Destinations" on the walls, and ..well the source material...

Also when Maeve gets the location of her daughter, it's "Park 1 Zone XX Sector YY".

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
What I hated about the Samurai World reveal is that they showed its facilities right next to Westworld's mesa compound. It's impossible for it to be that close. We know that Westworld is about 15km wide and there's nothing but desert and mountains around the mesa.

What I hated about the Samurai World reveal is that they showed its facilities right next to Westworld's mesa compound. It's impossible for it to be that close. We know that Westworld is about 15km wide and there's nothing but desert and mountains around the mesa.
I just assumed they were beta-testing hosts rather there being a whole separate park

Solo

Don't get me wrong - they'll draw big names. It's HBO, they got Hopkins for S1, and it's success will only attract more talent. I just don't see it as fitting either of those guys' careers.

duckroll

What if Sugoi Saikyo Sengoku Shogun Shamisen Samurai Shingeki World isn't a new park, but an expansion for Westworld. Lol. Undead Nightmare style DLC.

FStop7

Banned
Matthew McConaughey said he wouldn't do TV again because of True Detective's grueling schedule, but he would fit into Westworld's melancholy future so well.

The one thing I still don't get is where Dolores went after getting stabbed by Logan in the Confederados camp. Did she end up dead by the river like that "memory" she saw went she went for water for the dying guy?

duckroll

The one thing I still don't get is where Dolores went after getting stabbed by Logan in the Confederados camp. Did she end up dead by the river like that "memory" she saw went she went for water for the dying guy?

She was captured by some other soldiers who found her, they gang raped her, and presumably at some point after that she eventually "died" and was returned to her loop.

Ferrio

Banned

Doesn't really matter where she ended up. What matters is that she was grabbed by maintenance and was reset since she was no longer following a guest.

Don't get me wrong - they'll draw big names. It's HBO, they got Hopkins for S1, and it's success will only attract more talent. I just don't see it as fitting either of those guys' careers.

DDL, I agree cause he is so picky but a post Wolverine HJ?

I could TOTALLY see that happening, for 1 season.

Christine

She was captured by some other soldiers who found her, they gang raped her, and presumably at some point after that she eventually "died" and was returned to her loop.

Doesn't really matter where she ended up. What matters is that she was grabbed by maintenance and was reset since she was no longer following a guest.

She can't finish her "maze loop" at the time because the church is buried, so she really has nowhere to go to.

What I want to know is why she deviated from her normal "Park loop" and encounters William in the first place. You're meant to think it's because Ford's edit of Teddy's backstory--Teddy's off hunting Wyatt so he doesn't kill the bandits who attacked the homestead--but that's illusory as it's actually happening much later.

My first guess would be more Ford meddling, of course, but I wonder if we'll see any clarification of this next season.

We know that in the past. Not necessarily in the future.

i-Lo

The mind fuckery in this show is truly amazing.

I was curious as to why that engineer refers to the room with Samurai's as "it's complicated". Also, how are they going to start the seccond season given the ending is essentially massacre of (presumably) all humans or at least all those who were at the gala. What's the impetus behind Dolores embracing the memories of Wyatt?

Top Bottom