• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wet Hot American Summer - 8-episode Netflix series begins filming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read up a bit on it after my previous post and can totally see that even from some comments online. I'm hopeful I'll enjoy it.

It's a bit jarring at first, but once you "settle in" to the mechanic, you find yourself going "that's totally how I describe situations to other people". It's not a typical comedy format, which is why Wain is so fucking good. He's like the Good Judd Apatow.

LaneDS

Actually watched it (We Came Together) tonight and thought it overall isn't a great movie (too many scenes that were flat) but it had enough moments that had me laughing hard that I'm glad I checked it out.

Stoze

Actually watched it (We Came Together) tonight and thought it overall isn't a great movie (too many scenes that were flat) but it had enough moments that had me laughing hard that I'm glad I checked it out.

Pretty much sums up most of Wain's work for me, mostly flat scenes with just enough great ones to make the watch worth it.

Funnily enough I just watched this for the first time yesterday and then saw this thread in off-topic immediately afterwards, cool to show it's getting a show.

OMG looking at the wiki page they've added a ton of awesome actors too, Wiig, Pine, Hamm, Schwartzman, Richard Schiff, Josh Charles, John Slattery, Jayma Mays,

OMG looking at the wiki page they've added a ton of awesome actors too, Wiig, Pine, Hamm, Schwartzman, Richard Schiff, Josh Charles, John Slattery, Jayma Mays,

yeah its all adding up. i'm just scared it's not going to live up to the movie. i want to temper my expectations but i can't! pls david....

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Tell me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom