• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what a suprise psn is down AGAIN

• Thread starter Queen of Hunting
  • Start date

jesu

Oh, I wouldn't pay for XBL, either.

Paying for online services is for people who don't have a gaming PC. Better graphics, mods, and free online for the price of a PS4+1 year of PSN.

There is no reason to pay for Online. There are no exclusives worth a damn that require online (though this may change with halo 5)

In fact, if FFXIV required PSN I probably wouldn't have bought a PS4 at all. Lol. People who continue to pay fer this shit service month after month only justify Sony's crap. Lol

It's worth the $4's for the 6 games a month they give you.

Just the store under maintenance for my household.
Online play is fine, as it is 99% of the time since I subscribed. (England Gaf)

Ephemeris

kbiLG6B.gif

TheDanimal

The store loaded to the front page for me, I got excited to download rocket league...
And then it went down again. Gah.
Edit: Apparently there's gonna be a superhero sale too. Nice.

jax

Banned
Cause it does affect me. Even though i don't pay for PSN monthly, when the servers are down FFXIV is down too for some dumb ass reason. I probably would have paid for the service if it wasn't down so often.

$7.99/month service at best. The servers are down consistently, the competition never has these issues. Also, it's rarely on sale for $40 a year. To say that's the price is as hyperbolic is what I was spewing earlier. $9.99 and $15 are pretty close guys, come on. The fact is its down too much.

Cause it does affect me. Even though i don't pay for PSN monthly, when the servers are down FFXIV is down too for some dumb ass reason. I probably would have paid for the service if it wasn't down so often.
Whether it has some repercussions in your life or not, it would be expected that you know what you're talking about before you spout out bullshit or obtuse price-points.

Santar

All that plus money sure has made PSN alot more reliable.
Honestly nothing has changed about PSN since Sony started charging for online play, disappointing.

jax

Banned
All that plus money sure has made PSN alot more reliable.
Honestly nothing has changed about PSN since Sony started charging for online play, disappointing.
Exactly. This is the problem. It hasn't gotten better. Maybe it needs to be $15 a month to work.

Popsickles

The store loads fine for me but errors when I try to sign in so its F'ing useless. Sony seriously need to look at there webhosts

MrDaravon

None of the outages individually have been super long or anything, but this is third time in the last 2-3 weeks I have actually wanted to play games online on PS4 and couldn't. I can't believe Sony doesn't get more shit for this outside of people complaining on forums and Twitter.

Can't believe people actually pay for this shit, lol

While I do agree that paying to play online is a bit ridiculous (especially if you're a PC gamer), I also understand that companies have to make money in order to provide services and products. I'm just not sure you conveyed your thoughts in the best manner possible. Making up price points, getting called out, then not owning up to it is silly.

FranXico

Just the store under maintenance for my household.
Online play is fine, as it is 99% of the time since I subscribed. (England Gaf)

I can confirm as well, only the store reports maintenance, and it appears to be real maintenance work, since the front page did briefly load before I got the message (during DDoS attacks, this would not be the case).

UV-6

Nooooo, just got home from work. Was looking forward to getting my hands on Rocket League. :(

Need to deploy more of them stability updates, but this time to the network rather than the console. :p

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

Weird, I just signed into FFXIV on my computer with zero issues.

jax

Banned
I swear I'm not trying to troll here. I thought it was $15 a month cause that's how much it was when I paid for it. At the current price point I'm not surprised it's down so often.

Plus, isn't XBLG $15/month? Is it that unreasonable of a mistake to make?

Top Bottom