• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the Sony developers up to

KAL2006

Banned
I hope Sony Bend is working on Syphon Filter 4 or a Reboot/Re-imagining of Syphon Filter, I miss that franshice, it was pretty good back in the day on PSone.

Also someone better be making Heavenly Swords 2 -Sony Santa Monica-, God of War 4 shouldn't be a launch title if you ask me.

Also I would like to see a new Resistance or something, not sure who would handle it though.

I disagree with both Syphon Filter and Resistance. Resistance IP is not popular and we have enough shooters. I know I am goin to get a lot of hate but Syphon Filter just looks generic to me and doesn't stand out. I would prefer if Bend makes another Uncharted fr Vita, but this time with no gimmicks and put multiplayer modes in it.

I disagree with both Syphon Filter and Resistance. Resistance IP is not popular and we have enough shooters. I know I am goin to get a lot of hate but Syphon Filter just looks generic to me and doesn't stand out. I would prefer if Bend makes another Uncharted fr Vita, but this time with no gimmicks and put multiplayer modes in it.

well different strokes for different people ?!

Regarding Resistance to me it is special, I pretty much loved the trilogy, hence I would like to see more of it, I know where you are coming from regarding many FPSs, but personally I don't have any FPS in my collection other than Resistance.

As for Syphon Filter, I want it back as well, it had a very cool mix of stealth and action, not to mention using a teaser to burn someone is beyond amazing LOL, I would rather see Bend make something true to their routes rather tan another Vita title.

SuperMassive Games are developing Until Dawn for PS3 - they are also supposedly working on an unannounced AAA PS4 title according to the Linkedin profile of level designer Sunny Mody:

''I am currently at Supermassive Games working on an unannounced ‘AAA’ game for a next generation Sony console,'' reads his linkedin profile.

Not only is that specific listing gone, but Mody's entire linkedin profile has been deleted since that was posted.

Globox_82

Banned
They're... working on separate games? I would think that was obvious. I mean, Stig is nowhere to be seen at the moment. 2 main teams. RAD have been working on this one for a while.

last year(E3) Stig confirmed he was working on "something new, something fresh". He and the rest of the senior member moved to this new IP after GOW3. Game started as PS3 project, but was moved to PS4 at some point.

RAD pitched their game around, got dissed, got back to Sony. Changes were made. Game is long time in the works. It's not the same IP that SSM is working on.

Dusky

They're... working on separate games? I would think that was obvious. I mean, Stig is nowhere to be seen at the moment. 2 main teams. RAD have been working on this one for a while.

Sure I know that, but is there anything to suggest that they're not collaborating? RaD don't exactly have a lot of dev power and like they've mentioned multiple times they're right down the hall from SSM. I just thought given that SSM's past collaboration with other devs that them working together was likely.

why people assume someone knows something just because they reply with "nope".

Because it sounded like he knew more than we did?

Not only is that specific listing gone, but Mody's entire linkedin profile has been deleted since that was posted.

It's still there as far as I can see.

KAL2006

Banned
Lets see te rumoured hints about each game

Zindagi
Move game for PS4

SOE
Plantetside 2 PS4 port hinted

Media Molecule
Game uses Move for creating models, not sure if its a Move required game

Santa Monica
New IP action game, something fresh?

RaD
New IP Action adventure game, Uncharted is an inspiration for the game

Guerilla Games Team B
Shooter, RPG set in fantasy world

While many are expecting PD, ND and SSM's games to blow people away, I think RaD could join them as well. They were magicians with PSP hardware, but it seems like they were overlooked because they were working on a handheld. I've been anxious to see what they were capable of on consoles with a console budget ever since they started releasing media for CoO.

Mario007

While many are expecting PD, ND and SSM's games to blow people away, I think RaD could join them as well. They were magicians with PSP hardware, but it seems like they were overlooked because they were working on a handheld. I've been anxious to see what they were capable of on consoles with a console budget ever since they started releasing media for CoO.
I kinda hope Sony has them signed for that 3 game deal that they enjoy having for the next generation. And maybe if the partnership works out then a buyout could be on the cards.

I think there will be one big Sony studio announcing their game at the E3 for the ps4. So one of ND, SSM or PD. Since ND is hard at work at TLOU and PD announcing a new GT would go directly against DC, I'm assuming it'll be SSM announcing a new IP that will be the headline of E3 for Sony. RaD will probably also be there to announce their new title. Also Square will announce a new FF for the PS4 as we already know.

I would also assume for the Vita there's definitely going to be a Sony Bend announcement, maybe even Team Siren announcement too but that might be held off till TGS and then I'd assume that Destiny of Spirits game will turn out to be on the Vita. If Sony is smart there should be a GT and GoW for the Vita too, or at least one of them. Here I'm more interested in 3rd party support rather than Sony studios, to be honest.

Dusky

Rumors have been floating for a while now about this, but more evidence that Guerrilla is indeed working on a new IP anyway:

www.perryleijten.com/download/Perry_Leijten-CV.doc

It's been known for quite awhile now that they've been working on a new IP.

I'm guessing the project has probably been worked on for a couple of years now. Their new studio did open back in 2010 but I imagine the first year involved a lot of prototyping and ideas being canned such as "Dark Science".

boinx

I hope Guerilla is working on a scifi RPG instead of a fantasy one, we have enough of those. I also remember someone posting some rumors here that GG had multiple pitches for a new IP and the best received one was a Ghost in the shell inspired game, god i hope they went with that one.

JoshHood

Nice, maybe some 'hardcore' move game for the PS4. I think their Move tech was meant to be absolutely amazing, they just kinda botched the level design.
Doesn't necessarily mean their next project is a Move one, or even a Sony one - since Sorcery, they've been doing Borderlands 2 DLC.

Mario007

Doesn't necessarily mean their next project is a Move one, or even a Sony one - since Sorcery, they've been doing Borderlands 2 DLC.
Well I'd just assume that'd be it since they have most likely spent a lot of time reseraching the way move works etc and the project is rumored to be a PS4 one.

dan2026

They are all making Vita games!

Vita games, loads and loads and loads of them!

Vita games as far as the eye can see!

Vita forever, hahahahaha....

Weird they started this project a while ago and same with Killzone Shadowfall. I wonder if we can expect new IP to be released in less than a year after Killzone Shadowfall.

I am not really sure of this, but didn't a developer from Guerrilla games state on twitter than KZ4 is playable from start to finish ?!, then it is probably pretty much done already.

Syphon Filter 4, and 5 already exist.

you are talking about the PSP titles right ?!, technically speaking those were not numbered.

Also the rumors from a while back stated Syphon Filter 4 was being shown or something. ((same rumor about God of War 4 including MP, though that turned out to be a prequel and a whole different story))

Takao

Banned
Just because a game is not numbered doesn't mean it's a spinoff to be forgotten, especially with how Logan's Shadow ends.

Just because a game is not numbered doesn't mean it's a spinoff to be forgotten, especially with how Logan's Shadow ends.

fair enough, I didn't play the PSP games so I don't really know, but I heard they were great.

SF6 it is then.

If not then reboot :D

Cyberia

Strange that SP is looking for PS3 programmer
http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/viewjobrss.asp?cjid=33034&accountno=358

Isn't Second Son only for PS4? I think I read it somewhere.

and not we know that former Bungie dude is working on second son as well.
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-name

So I guess they are one team after all.

Always been. Right now they have over 100 employees.

Rumors have been floating for a while now about this, but more evidence that Guerrilla is indeed working on a new IP anyway:

www.perryleijten.com/download/Perry_Leijten-CV.doc

It's been known for quite awhile now that they've been working on a new IP.

I'm guessing the project has probably been worked on for a couple of years now. Their new studio did open back in 2010 but I imagine the first year involved a lot of prototyping and ideas being canned such as "Dark Science".

This.

Game Director at Guerrilla for Killzone: Liberation, Killzone 2, Killzone 3 and a new IP, plus helping out with Killzone: Mercenary

https://twitter.com/dejongemathijs

Also an old interview with Ru Weerasuriya (Ready at Dawn's co-founder) of what to expect from their new IP:

"I love playing story driven games. I love movies. I love things that involve me from start to end and give me a complete experience.

"That's where our heads are. It's definitely that kind of game we're going to make. We're not going to go off and make an open world, or an MMO, like everybody expects ex-Blizzard people to do.

"We know what we'd like and we know what we're good at."

Sounds a bit like Naughty Dog's stupendous PS3 exclusive Uncharted 2, doesn't it?

"It's the kind of game we're going to make," Weerasuriya said. "I'm just glad they did it first. It should prove to everybody it's doable and it's worth doing that kind of stuff."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-25-gow-psp-dev-making-new-game-from-own-ip

I am a bit worry about Ready at Dawn IP being similar to Uncharted, I like Uncharted alot, but I don't think I want anything similar, I want something totally new and innovative.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ah, they're finally working on a new IP. But is everyone assuming it's a Sony exclusive and not a multiplatform title? We're there any hints that I overlooked?

Edit: It appears I overlooked a non-bold portion of the quote. Herpity-doo.

Globox_82

Banned
Ah, they're finally working on a new IP. But is everyone assuming it's a Sony exclusive and not a multiplatform title? We're there any hints that I overlooked?

on gamasutra only playstation 3 was listed for a while, there are older threads about it. then it was removed. Game was moved to PS4 so that is why (i guess). and they say "console" no S

Dusky

I am a bit worry about Ready at Dawn IP being similar to Uncharted, I like Uncharted alot, but I don't think I want anything similar, I want something totally new and innovative.

I'm assuming that when they mean it's similar to Uncharted that they are referring to stories being driven by well developed characters, etc. Not that it will be about an explorer/treasure hunter who sets out to find treasures and whatnot.

no, around 70-80 people.

Their linkedin page currently has 118 people registered.

Cyberia

no, around 70-80 people.

puWxPUT.png

https://twitter.com/SuckerPunchProd/status/314145991223820288

Servbot24

Banned
I don't really see any point in releasing a new Resistance. It's not a very popular or unique series, and I can't imagine the fan base growing too much now that its reputation is established. Far better to make something new that has potential for growth.

Cyberia

Edit: It appears I overlooked a non-bold portion of the quote. Herpity-doo.

ouTcbYg.png

I guess it's safe to say it will be a PS exclusive title. I also remember RoboPlato mentioned they're now in the same building as SSM.

AznSniper

I'm pretty sure SCE is going to utilize Sony Online Entertainment better this generation in terms of console output. I fully expect them to have PS4 versions of most if not all of their developed games if it makes sense. For example, PlanetSide 2 and EverQuest Next. We have seen success with Free Realms and DC Universe Online.

Top Bottom