• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what happened to drinky crow

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Too bad the Cruncheons is done with. Curious at Drinky's sincere opinions lol. He's been a huge portable gaming fan since the PSP.

I saw Drinky Crow's mom at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask her for photos or anything.
She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Ma'am, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When the cashier took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, Drinky Crow's mom stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After the cashier scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, Drinky Crow's mom kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Now you see, last I saw Drinky Cow's mom, something happened to her last Thursday when she was driving home. She had a couple of miles to go - she looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... suddenly there was intense light all around her - and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I agree, when Warp Pipe reveals their DeMasked project for the DS, it's going to revolutionize how we play games online.

Warp Pipe alumni reunite.

There are dozens of us here.

DOZENS!

probably actually only several

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I agree, when Warp Pipe reveals their DeMasked project for the DS, it's going to revolutionize how we play games online.

Warp Pipe as in the programme that allowed you to play Double Dash online via LAN?

I was actually a member of their forums during the run up to DD's release, but I never got a broadband adaptor (heck, I don't think I even had broadband at the time) so I never tried it out in the end ha ha

NimbusD

Holy shit this thread made me realize I've been here since 2005. If only I played my cards right there could have been a thread asking about where I was.

Drinky, MAF and Kittonwy were probably the first names whose posts I would keep track of when I first started lurking here. It's nice to know one of them is still kicking.

RIP Kittonwy
Indifferent2.gif

Drinky's avatar reminds me that our avatars used to be animated. C'mon GAF what gives, bring it back! I want my employers to at least be entertained by some part of what I'm reading all day.

121937.jpg

PillarEN

aww shit that reminds me of that one guy who asked to be deleted on the gaming side

but i can't remember his name! stump was the one that was asked to delete him and he had a cat avatar

edit: oh shit I remember, it was Wicked, what happened to him and why did (he asked to delete all his posts) all his posts disappear?

I thought you were gonna say Terrisus. You know, the guy who hated all music.

Damn. Thread made me realize I've been here for 8 years. Was a wee little 16 year old when I started posting. I remember posting "Oh god, please don't ban me" in my first thread, good times.

jobrro

The banned tag is also gray. It wasn't before so it is harder to discern lol. Clever mods.

For me the name is gray but the tag is normal.

On mobile both tag and name are normal.

Pretty trippy seeing a banned member replying earlier so either way it fooled me.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
This thread is a blast from the past. I miss classic GAF :(

The gaming side, in particular, used to be a lot more fun than it is now. (OT is still cool though).

I've been here for like 18 years. I can see how some need a break. I read more than I post nowadays just to keep abreast of gaming news and stuff.

Same. I was here during the lead-up to the Dreamcast release.

When did the forum start, anyway? I know all the pre 2004 stuff got nuked.

Enk

makes good threads.
I just realized I recently passed my 10th anniversary here. This thread is making me feel older than Drinky. Got some GAF nostalgiac feels goin right now. Excuse me while I go pour one out to old timer GAF.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Drinky, MAF and Kittonwy were probably the first names whose posts I would keep track of when I first started lurking here. It's nice to know one of them is still kicking.

FREE DEMI

How many years do I gotta repeat this anthem

Same. I was here during the lead-up to the Dreamcast release.

When did the forum start, anyway? I know all the pre 2004 stuff got nuked.

Summer 2004. I wanna say June.

Buggy Loop

"I think some people just move on from this site. Its been over 15 years for the oldest members."

Will actually be 20 years for a few (not me) starting next year.

Sheesh, i can't even remember if it was '98 or '99 i subscribed to GAF. There's nothing in the control panel to know that right? Or someplace where old GAF is archived?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sheesh, i can't even remember if it was '98 or '99 i subscribed to GAF. There's nothing in the control panel to know that right? Or someplace where old GAF is archived?

The current incarnation of GAF is not the original GAF. Much like The Matrix. Concordantly irrevocably.

Ah.

Well, the Internet Wayback Machine's earliest crawl through www.gaming-age.com is Nov. 11, 1998. The Wikipedia article for NeoGAF says the forum launched in 1999. That's the best I can come up with — personally, I wasn't aware GAF existed until 2005.

I guess I joined in 99 then! I know I was here (there?) for the Drreamcast launch. The forum may have even swayed me into it.

I just realized I recently passed my 10th anniversary here. This thread is making me feel older than Drinky. Got some GAF nostalgiac feels goin right now. Excuse me while I go pour one out to old timer GAF.

bring back the Mario ROMhack threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom