• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?

retroman

I was at a party at a friend's place. Most people present knew each other from a film course we were attending at the time. It didn't take long before someone grabbed his camera and said: "Come on, let's make a movie!"

Jackass was a popular show at the time, and since none of us wanted to put in effort to create a genuine cinematic masterpiece with proper acting or a story that day, it was decided we would just make some silly prank video. I put on a costume that was an exact replica of the killer's costume from the movie Scream, and I would be interacting with passers-by (just waving at them and dancing around, nothing malicious or scary). My friends stayed inside on the second floor and filmed everything through the windows, so nobody would notice them.

After clowning around for a bit, I got rather bored since there weren't many people walking around that day. To spice things up a bit, I stupidly decided to skip from one side of the street to the other side repeatedly, Frogger-style. It didn't take long before I was almost hit by a car. If that wasn't enough, the driver immediately braked and got out of the car. It was a big guy and he walked menacingly towards me, so I decided to run back to the house because I was sure he would beat me up. My vision was extremely blurred since I couldn't wear my glasses under the mask AND there was a piece of cloth in front of my eyes, so I knew I would never stand a chance.
I ran as fast as I could, reached the door and rang the bell. When the door was finally opened after what felt like ages, I stormed inside and closed the door with all my might, just barely managing to push the guy outside. My heart was racing the whole time. I felt so relieved after hearing the guy fruitlessly kicking the door and leaving.

Afterwards, my friends said the video would've probably been funnier if they hadn't opened the door for me :/

Had unprotected sex with a promicious girl.

Thought I got an STD, results came back negative.

2ND place would be when I got shitfaced, took an uber home but then walked over to my friends house to pick up my car...

I knocked my driver side mirror off scraping up next to a car.

Fucking idiotic.

How old you gonna be, Saro? I'm 30 in a few weeks.

Stupidest thing I ever did... that's a long list of tied-for-first-places. We'll go with "botching things with my ex-fiance because I turned into an emotional shell for a year" for tonight.

I'm turning 30 too!

I lost a scholarship cause I didn't turn in a form on time.

I lucked out tho 'cause the grants I got for other shit covered everything. But man... just thinking about those thousands that could have been mine...

Wasting my youth at browsing and posting on a message board? :(

Also: spending a lot of time in front of loud objects. Once you get tinnitus, you'll regret every second of having done that.

deo

Banned
In middle school, I put a note in a girl's locker and when she found it, she immediately recognized my handwriting and asked me if I put it there. I was so nervous that I went on to ignore her and avoid her FOR FOUR YEARS
I still cringe when I think about it. I hate myself :(

Sponge

Banned
Drove an hour and thirty minutes to visit a friend in a town I've never visited before, got lost on the way home even with a GPS, turned into a wrong lane and ran into oncoming traffic.

I thankfully pulled over to the shoulder lane before I hit anybody, but that was still traumatizing. I didn't drive for a while after that.

FUME5

Lol. I did this recently and it was a nightmare. Cant say its the dumbest thing I've ever done.

Most of the dumbest things I have done were of an extremely illegal nature. Lets just say I've done sum dumb shit.

Right there with you dude. I've been shot at (well, near) twice and been sitting in an alleyway type thing when an off duty cop has come running out of an arcade and shot off a round from a pistol at a career crim who had blindsided him inside.

Pretty good effort conisdering how rare guns are in WA.

fell in love

Lame.

you had no choice in the fact that you were born. you had a choice when you fall in love with someone else. it's the dumbest thing you can do to yourself.

Bravoexo

Drove relatives and family to a resort, coming straight from the night shift. Fell asleep at the wheel when we were heading back to the city...good thing it was slow moving traffic and it only looked like I was swerving to the next lane.... unfortunately. my cousin was riding shotgun and he didn't know how to drive.... good thing I woke up just in time before I hit the car in the lane over the next one.

jb1234

When I was 19 (or 20), I had figured out I was gay but didn't want to accept it so I let this girl believe I was into her (and she clearly had feelings for me). Obviously, this didn't hold together for long and I had to confess, which led to awkwardness, especially since we were students and in regular contact.

Ten years later, I bumped into her randomly, felt so mortified and guilty that I completely ignored her. It was a shitty thing to do and I still haven't forgiven myself for it.

you want to feel that what you do is creating a greater good somehow. that's not stupid at all. that's just a company taking advantage of your disposition.

Top Bottom