• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Had such a chip on my shoulder when someone told me that no one would ever want to be with me, that I tried my damndest to prove them wrong. This led to some...well no, a LOT of heartbreak and contributed to my lack of improvement with women. Additionally, it's why I'm burnt out and stopped giving a shit.

Trouble

Banned
I slipped my handcuffs while in the back of a police wagon and then handed them to one of the officers when I stepped off. They were not amused.

farisr

Cut off a chunk of meat from my finger (from the side) by accident when I was trying to cut up fruit to make a fruit salad. Nobody else was home, I was 10. Threw out the chunk in the garbage.

Mom and brother came back. Bro had rented Iron Monkey from Blockbuster. We had been waiting to watch this one for a while. They asked why I had bandaged up my finger, I tried to play it off cause I thought I'd get in trouble for some reason and said it got caught in something and I got a bad cut.

Anyways, movie started. For the first half hour I was basically trying to stop the bleeding and changing bandages continually. This happening for half an hour is what got them curious and they asked to look at it. Immediately took me to the hospital, got stitched up (would've been better if I had brought the chunk with me instead of throwing it out).

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Charged screaming straight at an adult bear that was just minding its own business.

Doran902

Fell off horribly angled roof while trying to put up christmas lights. Luckily only fucked up ribs.

No more christmas lights on the roof.

Choomp

Banned
Purposely fuck up my high school life. Avoid most if not all human contact and not study at all.

I dunno. Thought people would think I was cool or something at the time.

wamberz1

I didn't look left pulling out of a driveway and T-boned a cop car.
Though because I live in canada and am white I only got 3 demerit points despite his ride looking like it had lived through a mad max movie.

forgrim

Put an xacto blade in my sweat pants pocket when i was eleven. Went to get it out and cut into my thumb about an inch. Bled fking everywhere.

Turin

Banned
Went for a run on a rainy night while a series of orchestrated house robbery's were taking place in the city. I was wearing street clothes. Police had questions.

I'm white though so I got to finish my run.

zulux21

I have done many stupid things over the years but one from when I was younger that really stands out is hit a basket ball with a sledge hammer.

as for why that was so stupid if you can't figure it out. Basketballs are made of rubber, when you apply the force of a sledge hammer on a basketball it rebounds the hammer really damn fast. I didn't hurt myself but the hammer came flying up and just missed my head.

had it been over just a bit I could have seriously hurt myself or even died.

Sad_Panda

Got absolutely wasted one night with a friend in downtown Baltimore and we had to drive back to Catonsville (which is a 20 min drive). While I was still able to hold it together (well, more or less), my friend wasn't even able to walk more than 2 steps without falling face flat on the pavement.

My phone battery had died, and taxis were out of the question since neither of us had any more cash handy. And sobering up in the car was a huge no-no in downtown Baltimore at 4AM. So I drove all the way back, being reeeeeal careful (as much as a wasted person can be), and was fortunate enough to not crash into something or have any police controls on the way.

While driving under the influence was stupid enough, three things could have turned this into an absolute shitshow for me:

- I did not hold a driving license back then (knew how to drive, though)
- not American and was there on a Visa, so my drunken ass could easily have been deported back to Europe
- I was in the US for my final year of master's degree studies, which could have put my future in jeopardy

Yeah, easily the stupidest thing I ever did, hands down.

I rented the DVD swordfish from blockbuster. It was raining outside and the thing got wet. Put it in the microwave on lowest levels thinking it would just dry it off.

After some great lighting effects in the microwave I realized I fucked up.

Violet_0

Banned
the first time i ever rode a motorcycle was in southeast asia. i fell twice, hit a wall, and couple times drove on the wrong lane.

i also hit the gate of the rental shop, but they somehow still let me hit the road.

I only fell once, while standing. Driving from Pai to Chiang Mai was moderately stupid, and fun

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I snorted heroin one time.

On the plus side, it was totally underwhelming and disappointing. But yeah, I blew a big fat rail of heroin—a silly decision.

EDIT: Oh and diving into the shallow end, which I made a thread about. That was some dumb shit. Broke the fuck outta my nose and split my face open.

What if your stupidest moment, where you just ruin yourself, somehow ends up with you having the perfect wife and kids, cos that's what I went through.

I wrecked myself over my ex leaving me and then later on my wife came into my life.

God opens up a window when he seems to close a door.

Edit: I look into the eyes of my baby girl and a ton of philosophical meanderings just melt away. Oh shit I get what they mean about daddy's being wrapped around their little girls fingers I am screwed.

Did P90X senior year of high school, swore I would never let myself go again, gained 50 lbs in college.

Now I'm trying to reverse that mistake. Fuck me.

Fucking my ex for a year after we broke up, while seeing other people on the side.

We pretty much destroyed each other during that time.

HardRojo

Was a lazy asshole during my first few years in university. Eventually I quit, got a job and went to a different university. Will be done by next year and while things are going fine now, they'd be like 4 years better had I not messed up the first time. Can't complain much though, it was all my fault and I wish I could go back and fix it, but what's done is done.

Daedardus

Not turning on the lights when walking in the hallway at home and stumbling and falling into a box full of wine glasses. Required around 27 stitches and I have two big and lots of smaller scars on my leg.

everything I've ever done is the stupidest thing I've ever done.

Yeah, even normal stuff like buying a tv or a phone doesn't seem to go right with you.

TimmmV

In terms of what good I could possibly have expected to come from it:
When I was like 4 or something, I put my index finger in a pencil sharpener and then turned it really hard. I still have the memory 25 years later of looking down with my finger in it, and then the memory just goes to black when I turn my finger lol, still have a small scar there now.

In terms of what could potentially have happened:
When I was like 14, I went to the local shop to get some food for my dad, he lent me his work mobile phone in case anything happened or I needed to know anything. Well, while on the way a group of around 5 kids of a similar age surrounded me and demanded I give them my bike and the phone - stupid me refused fsr, so they all took it in turns to punch me in the face a few times. In hindsight I was really fucking lucky that's all they did, especially considering my dad wouldn't have given a single shit about his work phone being stolen.

Hektor

Getting myself into a knife fight when i was 16 or 17

and

Hitting my teacher in middle school with a chair into the face. On multiple occasions. (he was a fucking bully and deserved it tho)

jdw_b

Was in a rush to get parked and ended up reversing my wife's car into a concrete post.

There's probably worse things but I can't / choose not to remember them

Preezy

Not done anything particularly stupid, except for one deep dark secret that I will never share with anyone until the day I die. Wasn't anything illegal, but morally reprehensible and something I regret on a near-daily basis.

:(

Top Bottom