• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you be willing to pay for Neo?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe $100 after trading/selling my current PS4?

I just don't use it much since getting a gaming PC, so unless it makes a huge difference with the few exclusives I'm keeping a PS4 (starting with Horizon Zero Dawn) I'll probably just stick with the base model. I don't have plans to get a 4K TV anytime soon, and don't care about VR right now.

Birbo

One of my main issues, regardless of price, is that I've already upgraded my current PS4 with a 2TB hard drive. If I could just slap that one into the Neo and trade in my existing system, I'd be all in for say $150 tops.

Logash

I expect 399 but I am prepared for 499. I would be quite pissed if it ended up being 499 and only 2x as powerful but I am not gonna lie, I am still willing to pay the price for new hardware. Anything above that price will have to blow me away.

DonShula

I expect $399. At that price I will buy it because I need a UHD BD player anyway. Then my old PS4 moves to the bedroom or somewhere else. I will not be purchasing a slim but I expect it to come in at $299.

Regginator

I haven't been following console news lately, but isn't the Neo supposed to replace the original PS4? If so, then $400 and not a buck more. Might buy one next year for Horizon and Bloodborne, but no advanced interest at the moment.

54-46!

Maybe 1500 SEK, doesn't have any games I want to play except for maybe Bloodborne but it would be nice to have just in case.

$299+ my OG trade in. That's likely 150, so I'd be good up to $449. I could get 200 on Amazon for a trade in, but I think I need the blue OG earbud and I don't have it. So I'd settle at $150.

Sakura

If it had a major impact on 1080p games and lots of games took advantage of it, then around 200 dollars.
It's not a new generation so I don't really care enough to pay new gen console bucks for it.

I can't put a price on it because to be honest I still don't know what exactly the "Neo" is supposed to offer me.

What can it do that the normal PS4 can't? All PS4 games are required to be compatible both on legacy and the Neo console so if the only thing it's offering is 4K support that is in no way worth another $400-500 dropped on a new console.

Not quite sure what the appeal is.

Sjefen

Like so many have said in this tread: 399$ for leaked specs, but I think the price will be higher because of bigger HDD, 4K blu ray player, more usb ports, more expensive materials, new "elite" controller : 499$-599$

If it has no impact on 1080p performance, 0€

In case it makes a lot of games hit 60fps, 449€

Yeah, this is the important part for me. If I can play all my Sony exclusives in 1080p, 60FPS then I'm in for $399, but if it's only 4K 30FPS with no benefits for 1080p TVs it's worthless to me.

Aces&Eights

I'm in at $399.00 and keeping my current PS4. I'll go to $499.00 but then I'd probably consider trading in my current console and I'd really rather not do that. But, I'm a hem-n-haw kind of guy so once I see final specs, price and we are a few days from release my mind will do things to me that suddenly makes me realize I don't reeeeeally need things like dinner and razors so who knows.

Depending on the specs, I can see myself going to around £400. As it stands, all the games I'm interested in wouldn't have a drastic improvement from going to neo so will wait for that "game" which will convince a needed purchase.

Will give the ps4 to a sibling for free or charge a relative/cousin of there's no issue if base ps4 games work on neo. Will keep ps4 if neo doesn't play the games I've already got.

entremet

I just got a PS4 this year, so I won't get a Neo for a few more years, which then I hope would be at 300 tops. That's the only way I will bite.

Jamix012

For the dream system with PS3, PS2, PS1 disc BC as well as (at least) digital functionality for PSP and Vita? $800, but honestly chances of that happening are close to 0.

For a more powerful PS4, probably $500 with a 2 TB (hopefully) if we get some promising game upgrades.

Bluenoser

The way I see it, they are marketing the NEO (or they will be) to the crowd that wants a "premium" experience. Providing more power under the hood is only one part of the equation. They really need to do what MS did and bring out some type of elite controller, and also have an option of a larger capacity HDD in the console - preferably at least SSHD, and at minimum 1TB.

So if we get leaked specs with 1TB SSHD, I'd be willing to go as high as $399 USD (which is unfortunately $513 CDN at today's exchange rate. I'd go $499 with an upgrade to the GPU and or CPU.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
199€ There's not enough exclusives on PS4 to make me want it.

Top Bottom