• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you be willing to pay for Neo?

ItsDorf

Banned
Knowing that the Xbox Scorpio is going to be considerably more powerful it would have to be pretty cheap to give me to go that route.

Well if Sony can somehow make the Neo close to the Scorpio in terms of Gpu performance and a decent bump in processor speed the Scorpio could become irrelevant to gamers. If you can get close in terms of performance and graphic and you have a stranglehold on games and new ip's people might just forgo starting over and ride the Neo to the PS5

Nothing. As long as I'm still able to play the games on my regular ps4. Cross platforms I'll just buy on PC. And VR? If i have to but the Neo in order to run the PSVR I'll just get a Vive. It'll cost the same regardless.

This will just drive me to play more games ON my PC.

vin-buc

I was able and willing to pay $399 for the OG - that's my limit regardless of any "extra" upgrade. Unless the few games that I usually play see big graphical/resolution gains - I'd go to $450. No way $500 or over. I'd wait for price drop.

If it's what it's rumored to be and it's purpose is to make PS4 level games perform a bit better then I wouldn't pay more than I originally paid for my PS4. If this was a completely new gen with a generational leap and games tailored specifically for it (AKA PS5) I'd pay up to 700 for it.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
$400 for the 500GB 4.2TF is fine by me. Hoping GameStop will increase the trade in value for the base PS4 to $200 if the credit is put towards the Neo so that way im only spending $200 in cash to upgrade.

fbutron

400 USD and hoping for Tier 1 in Mexico

Ok max 450 USD

I need another PS4 for the bedroom, the NEO will be on the big TV

On a second thought a GT Sport Neo bundle could be a good option

$99 with a trade in of my launch console

won't happen tho

Yah, zero chance of that happening, would just be a massive loss for Sony or a retailer. I doubt you'll see $199 upgrades, lowest I would imagine is $249 upgrade for a launch console...even that is a stretch.

Would be willing to pay $399-499 depending on specs.

I'm expecting around 400~450 for leaked specs (4.2)

However I have a gut feeling I'm going to be disappointed. I feel I may have jumped the shark a bit, just getting a bad feeling about price just from psn increase.

eMpTy23

$600 USD if they included a decent controller. That won't happen, so probably ~$400. We'll see how they announce it. I don't have high expectations, and I don't consider an announcement 'one month' before release fast. I also believe Sony has deliberately leaked plenty of stuff about the Neo to gauge reactions, which, in my mind, is counterintuitive to the whole idea of releasing shortly after announcing something.

I'll pay 1 PS4 trade in + 99$

Glad it didn't take long to find what I was thinking. No way in hell I'm shelling out hundos to play the same damn games with better performance. Especially since the majority of games have been disappointments. You're next, Last Guardian!

I'd rather save dough for an NX or Bone.

Vorg

Banned
Nothing. I'm not supporting that business model. I'm probably selling the ps4 I already have too.

$399 and below if it's still Jaguar CPU :(

Edit: Maybe $350 and below. The Jaguar CPU holds back the GPU too much and the Scorpio is likely getting a new architecture for the CPU along with it's superior GPU.

Top Bottom