• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you be willing to pay for Neo?

ironcreed

Banned
$400 or less in 2018. But depending on Scorpio's price, I may just opt to go with that and ride it out with my OG PS4 until PS5.

gwarm01

I haven't really been keeping up with the rumors. Does it just run games in 4K, or does it use the extra power for better framerates and higher visual settings? If it is significantly better I would gladly pay whatever the PS4 originally launched at +/- $50 or so.

Venuspower

Hard to say. Let's see what developers will do with that extra power.
If they are aiming for 60 FPS and if Games like GTA V will become a Neo Mode I am okay with 499€. If not 399€ is max.
I hope the rumors are not true that The Last of Us Remastered will be upgraded to 4K on PS4 Neo. Otherwise I have to buy another 4K TV for my parents house.

Ten bob and my best conker.

I don't know, £300-ish I suppose or a bit more if the hardware is decent. I need 7 or 8 game reasons to buy one though and currently the lineup far from that. Maybe in a year or two, so it should be cheaper by then anyway.

$400 for upgrades specs, no controller, no HDD.
$400 for leaked specs with controller/hdd.

Without knowing what games will take advantage of this thing, I'm in no rush.

styl3s

If they can push games like Uncharted at 60fps and show me that's it's more then just a mid gen upgrade i would gladly fork over $499.

Melchiah

500€ with 2TB HDD. Given that there was an added 50€ to the PS3 and PS4 prices in Scandinavia, it would have to be 450€ elsewhere.

I have to see what kind of other smaller details get added beyond just the spec sheet, but if things go ideally for me (additions like a USB port on the back side of the console, much quieter cooling, day 1 updates to enable use of the higher specs in some more popular games, etc) then $499.99 on day 1 would be fine by me.

phanphare

Banned
bout $350

hqdefault.jpg

x3sphere

$400 max, and I'm not someone's who is very price sensitive having a Pascal Titan in my PC rig.

I can't justify over $400 on a console when it'll be used mainly just for exclusives. If the PS4 was my primary platform, then I'd be more willing.

Hoje0308

Banned
$400 for leaked specs, upwards of $500 for a CPU that isn't trash.

At most $299.99

Technically it's not a brand-new console, just an enhancement of an old one.

You're probably going to be waiting a while then. OG model is still at $350, three years after launch.

£350, £450 for a non tacky ffxv neo branded console and game bundle.

If ffxv gets a significant graphical upgrade with a neo mode then maybe I would be forced to consider £399 for the console alone.

$399.

I think pricing the new PS4 model higher than the original price of PS4 three years ago would be a mistake. They still need to appeal to 40+ million people, if they intend to match or outsell PS2

Lady Gaia

$500 presuming there's nothing catastrophically wrong with their launch strategy. I'm assuming leaked specs and some fairly basic improvements to connectivity, like 802.11ac and ideally another USB port or two on the back. Decent industrial design and improved cooking would be welcome.

$300 at most and it'd have to be a really big improvement over the standard model. I just a PS4 last year and I'm definitely not buying the Neo at launch.

DavidDesu

£350 would be good for Neo, PS4 Slim might be about £250, or £220 to be really aggressive, not that they need to. I just can't see Neo releasing at a higher price than the PS4 originally did given the time that's passed and the limited amount of improvement it's bringing. Hell they might go crazy and bring it in under £350, as low as £300 would be a dream (Slim being £200 in that case).

Just ideas, no doubt I'll be wrong, but I was one of the ones who thought PS4 would hopefully be £350 while everyone was sure it would be £400 or more and I ended up being right then!

Top Bottom