• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where, oh where, is the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller?

If you are worried, call them up and let them know you are planning on making the order.

The process was slightly frustrating for me, but all seems to be well now.

I called my bank after the order to let them know not to put a fraud alert or hold on my card . The person I talked to explained that I would be charged a "travelers fee" of 3% over the cost of the item. I was okay with that, but today I got a text from my bank alerting me of potential fraud anyway. I called my bank back up, feeling pretty frustrated I said, "I thought you took care of this for me?"

The fraud department never heard from the customer rep that I had talked to. My account was on hold for less than 5 minutes. A regular purchase after the Amazon JP purchase triggered the alert, but all was clear after I called them the second time.

I may go into my bank Monday morning and discusss with them about this, because I even told the fraud dept. that this was a preorder and a full charge would happen in March (instead of the 1 cent preautherazation fee) and I don't want this to cause trouble with my account or miss my chance at getting this controller come March.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
LOL, I was doing it all on my android phone last night struggling and patiently waiting for Google translate to do it's thing so I could order this controller. Thankfully, it all went through OK. I did get a fraud alert on my debit card today, but I called right away and had them lift any holds.

It wasn't until later in the evening that I noticed the English toggle on Amazon JP when I was browsing on my computer. Now I know so it's going to fun to order things off of Amazon JP in the future. I can't believe how simple it all is to do. It also ships very fast and adds negligible expenses to get it here.

I don't see the english option

EDIT: found it

CDX

Well that's cool. The total price on my Pro Controller dropped 600 yen. I ordered yesterday at 8000 yen. Now it updated to 7400 yen. Converts to $64...officially cheaper than getting it here in the US, lol...well as long as the exchange rates don't change that much by the time March rolls around..

Same here, pretty great considering we'd expect to get it only 3-4 days after launch day.

Yep. Just checked.

Amazon.co.jp dropped the price for me too.

I caved and got one on amazon.co.jp. It ended up being $64.73 after the exchange rate conversion, so that's nice. I will still try and get one from Best Buy when they go up for sale, since I have some rewards certificates and the VISA checkout bonus.

Rebel Leader

I caved and got one on amazon.co.jp. It ended up being $64.73 after the exchange rate conversion, so that's nice. I will still try and get one from Best Buy when they go up for sale, since I have some rewards certificates and the VISA checkout bonus.

How did you find the conversion rate? Google?

JaseMath

Do I have to create a new account to use Amazon Japan? My credentials work everywhere else...

Got one as well from Amazon Japan. $65 after shipping.

It's bullshit we have to do this, by the way.

guek

Banned
Maybe they're dropping the price $10 to match PS4 and XBO controllers. Or maybe they're making a gold one for Zelda. Yeah, right.

Honestly, nintendo should pre-emptively drop all their peripheral prices. Even a $5 drop would do wonders for their image at a time when they need some good press among enthusiasts.

$65 pro controller
$75 joycon bundle
$40 individual joycon
$80 dock

Of course that might lead to millions in lost potential revenue but what do I care!

plidex

I preordered just in case it doesn't become available on the US before launch.

Currently it is cheaper, but how long can it take for them to ship it?

Rebel Leader

Honestly, nintendo should pre-emptively drop all their peripheral prices. Even a $5 drop would do wonders for their image at a time when they need some good press among enthusiasts.

$65 pro controller
$75 joycon bundle
$40 individual joycon
$80 dock

Of course that might lead to millions in lost potential revenue but what do I care!

It's their fault. If they would only release the pro pre-orders we would not have gone somewhere else!

CDX

With it now about $10 cheaper compared to Nintendo's US retail price + sales tax, I decided I'm just going to keep this Japanese order no matter what, even if it comes a few days after launch.

So there. I officially just paid $64.54 including shipping for my Pro Controller. (Thank you Capital One for not charging 3% foreign transaction fees, or whatever percent other credit cards charge)

I just ordered an Amazon.co.jp custom e-gift card for the exact yen of my order (my order total was now 7,420 yen) and had it emailed to myself. After I got it I applied it to my account, and then applied it to my previous pre-order.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B004N3APGO/

I had to pay for it upfront. But now I don't have to worry about my card denying the charge before it ships out. And also my exchange rate is now locked in. So I also don't have to worry about the exchange rate changing in favor of the yen by March. If the yen drops by March I'll have made the wrong gamble, but oh well. $64 for the Pro Controller, I'm happy with that.

With it now about $10 cheaper compared to Nintendo's US retail price + sales tax, I decided I'm just going to keep this Japanese order no matter what, even if it comes a few days after launch.

So there. I officially just paid $64.54 including shipping for my Pro Controller. (Thank you Capital One for not charging 3% foreign transaction fees, or whatever percent other credit cards charge)

I just ordered an Amazon.co.jp custom e-gift card for the exact yen of my order (my order total was now 7,420 yen) and had it emailed to myself. After I got it I applied it to my account, and then applied it to my previous pre-order.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B004N3APGO/

I had to pay for it upfront. But now I don't have to worry about my card denying the charge before it ships out. And also my exchange rate is now locked in. So I also don't have to worry about the exchange rate changing in favor of the yen by March. If the yen drops by March I'll have made the wrong gamble, but oh well. $64 for the Pro Controller, I'm happy with that.

Good idea I just did the same. Fast shipping and lower price make it a no brainer for me. Happy to have it taken care of.

Tempted to get it from Japan, I hope this doesn't become like the GameCube Adapter and becomes impossible to find for a couple months. A simple preorder would ease my mind so much. Between this and the neon console on Amazon, I find it so weird these things are not available for preorder yet, only roughly 40 days until the launch of the Switch.

Thanks for the Amazon JP link. I'll use the Joycons for a few days until the damn Pro Controller comes in overseas.

Does Amazon JP have the same guidelines as Amazon USA? As in, do they not charge your card until the order ships?

Ordered from Amazon JP, ended up to be $64 after tax/shipping. I'm absolutely fine getting the controller the following Monday or Tuesday after the Switch comes out.

Thank you everyone who helped :)

Bii

Ordered from Amazon JP, ended up to be $64 after tax/shipping. I'm absolutely fine getting the controller the following Monday or Tuesday after the Switch comes out.

Thank you everyone who helped :)

Did the same. Though if preorders for the US version go up, I'll order another.

I've ordered from Amazon JP before and like others have said, the global shipping to US is very quick.

Coda

Did the same. Though if preorders for the US version go up, I'll order another.

I've ordered from Amazon JP before and like others have said, the global shipping to US is very quick.

Glad to hear, I've never had anything shipped from Amazon Japan so it's reassuring!

Didn't realize I had to make a separate account for Amazon.JP though.

KevinG

Ridiculous that I need to import from Japan to get this at launch. NOA has to be aware of the demand for it, but yet we haven't even heard a word from them about it.

mark-san

Banned
I don't know about anyone else, but I had to wait a few weeks before I got my Wii U Pro controller as they were out of stock essentially everywhere.

Got my Wii U on launch day at the Nintendo NYC store, along with 2 Pro controllers. Had to endure a 10hr line, though...

Do I have to create a new account to use Amazon Japan? My credentials work everywhere else...

Got one as well from Amazon Japan. $65 after shipping.

It's bullshit we have to do this, by the way.

My Amazon UK, US and BR account is the same one, just different shipping addresses for each country. Not sure about Amazon JP, though. Try logging in with your existing credentials and see what happens.

linkboy

My Amazon UK, US and BR account is the same one, just different shipping addresses for each country. Not sure about Amazon JP, though. Try logging in with your existing credentials and see what happens.

It doesn't work, I had to create a new account (used my same email and password).

KlKKOMAN

Joy-Con Charging Grips are out of stock everywhere. Was thinking of paying more and just getting extra joy cons and charging grips.

Frostburn

I hope NoA starts to open up about supply of the Pro Controller, detail the paid online service and the UI/shop on the Switch leading up to launch.

Needlecrash

While Nintendo is fucking around not giving answers regarding the system and Pro Controller availability in the United States, I went ahead and pre ordered it from Amazon Japan; which is cheaper than the United States MSRP. Gotta love that Priority Shipping from Amazon Japan.

gogojira

So I know the Pro controller being demod had digital buttons, in guessing there's a 0 percent chance of any form of analog shoulder buttons at this point?

I've been playing Trials, I think I might be more upset about that than any of the other random weird things about the Switch.

asdad123

I preordered it from Amazon Japan as well, and received an email just now asking me to verify my card by providing a billing statement and my passport and a utility bill.

Yeah.... no. I'll wait until it becomes available in the US and pay the extra $8 rather than sending out a copy of my passport and credit card statement to Amazon.

Hattori

Banned
I preordered it from Amazon Japan as well, and received an email just now asking me to verify my card by providing a billing statement and my passport and a utility bill.

Yeah.... no. I'll wait until it becomes available in the US and pay the extra $8 rather than sending out a copy of my passport and credit card statement to Amazon.
what card did you use?

Coda

Weird, I had no problems myself.

plidex

I'm from South America, I've bought from Amazon US, DE and JP, I've never been asked anything by Amazon. I've always used Visa cards from a state-owned bank and from HSBC.

I was just looking at Nintendo's accesories website, the Pro controller looks very good
ERGm7LI.png

suaveric

My current guess is that Nintendo focused on making tons of extra Joycons and didn't prioritize the pro controllers. Stores will probably have them at launch but in very limited supply.

Top Bottom