• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where should i start?Yo-Kai Watch 1 or Yo-Kai Watch 2?

sublimit

Banned
Is there any reason why i shouldn't start with the second game?Also what are the differences between Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirits and Yo-Kai Watch 2 Fleshy Souls?

I haven't played the games yet (I plan to) but there is a third version of Yo-kai Watch 2 that has several improvements that is coming west later this year called Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters.

PSFan

I'd start with the first game since there is a bit of continuity when you start the second games.

The differences between Fleshy Souls and Bony Spirits are kinda like the differences in both versions of a Pokemon game. There are version exclusive Yo-Kai and quests. There are also exclusive codes for the digital versions.

I have both Yo-Kai 2 games and have sunk well over a 100 hours into each one and I am still playing them trying to befriend all the Yo-Kai. I am also anxiously looking forward to the third game coming later this year and expecting Yo-Kai 3 to come west next year sometime.

kubus

I would start with the second one because having already played the first game kinda ruined YW2 for me.

YW2 starts with the protagonist's memories being erased, which in reality is just an excuse to bring new players up to speed as you "regain" your memories (so, a recap)

The game mechanics are explained through non-optional side quests which are a real slog if you already played YW1. The first new content starts only about 8 hours in or something. Before that you basically play a very condensed version of YW1, with rehashed locations and dungeons and everything.

Keep in mind that YW1 sold pretty badly in japan because the anime started much later and the anime is what made it explode in popularity. So YW2 was made with tons of new players in mind. It's extremely newbie friendly to the point that it can be a slog to play through for those who also played YW1.

If you are gonna start with YW2 though, perhaps best to wait for the "ultimate" version that just got announced.

sublimit

Banned
Thanks guys.I guess i will start with YW2 then.
If you are gonna start with YW2 though, perhaps best to wait for the "ultimate" version that just got announced.

Has it been confirmed for the West?

Edit:Nevermind.I see that the Western release has been confirmed for fall 2017.

dadjumper

2. It's basically the same game but with three times the content. Get Shinuchi or whatever they called it in English. And then stop, 3 is garbage.

2 just takes everything 1 did and does it better. 3 is insane in all the right ways.

The localisation is horrible though. I played them in Japanese because of it.

Shikoba

2!! Skip 1. 2 basically starts everything over and you'll just end up seeing the same similar events. And as has been mentioned later this year a new version of 2 is releasing with more content if you want to wait.

dadjumper

Oh? I was very interested from a few trailers I saw some months ago. What happened?

None of the new Yokai are interesting, the setting isn't good, the new battle system isn't as fun. The X Files thing is cool but otherwise I'm not a fan
Edit: also music not as good

Top Bottom