• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White House advisors urged Trudeau to help talk Trump down from scrapping NAFTA

orochi91

Is this even legal?

Are they allowed to contact a foreign government without permission and have them intervene like that?

I mean it's well established at this point that Trump's decisions are influenced solely by the last person he spoke with. This is a valid political tactic now.

Volimar

His own EPA and Park service is against him, his own State Department issues statements contrary to Trump's, and now his own White House has to beg a foreign leader to talk him down.

Layell

justin_trudeau.jpg

you're welcome NAFTA

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm imagining a Trailer Park Boys type where Trump is Ricky and Trudeau is Bubbles where Ricky is trying to get out of a deal with NAFTA made while with the trailer park while he was in jail and Trudeau trying his best to persuade him otherwise. Angela Merkel is Julian.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
"He likes cake. Get him cake and he'll listen."

jstripes

Banned
I'm imagining a Trailer Park Boys type where Trump is Ricky and Trudeau is Bubbles where Ricky is trying to get out of a deal with NAFTA made while with the trailer park while he was in jail and Trudeau trying his best to persuade him otherwise. Angela Merkel is Julian.

Who's Lahey?

Also, Ricky has a far better command of vocabulary than Trump.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is this even legal?

Are they allowed to contact a foreign government without permission and have them intervene like that?

Why would you not be allowed to talk to a person from a foreign government

So everyone should be punished because of them?

Yes?

The ones that voted because their morals instead of the greater good should definitely be punished.

Those that didn't vote and could have should be punished.

Really the only people that shouldn't be punished are those that actually could not vote lol.

Am I being sarcastic? I actually don't know.

Let's trade leaders for a week, Canada. As a bonus we'll lift the lumber tariffs and I promise we won't try to keep him afterwards. We just want the feel of a president even if only for a short while.

CazTGG

Let's trade leaders for a week, Canada. As a bonus we'll lift the lumber tariffs and I promise we won't try to keep him afterwards. We just want the feel of a president even if only for a short while.

Only if Trump goes golfing with Kellie Leitch in Florida for that time.

I'm confused...

Doesn't Drumpf pick his advisers?

Why would he pick people who disagree with his own policy to be his advisers?

No one can be mad at Canada besides us Canadians!

What policy?

Trump campaigned on ending NAFTA. But he's letting his own advisers talk him out of it?

-This is the same guy who's firing everyone in every department who disagrees with him or worked against his campaign policies with the previous administration.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
If Trump really wanted to end NAFTA he wouldn't have let on half of Wall Street.

Unless their plan is to replace it with something that fucks the poor more.

Top Bottom