• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White House confirms Trump no longer plans to release Tax Returns after audit

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I'm sure Trump's tax returns would make him look bad even after removing all ties to Russia. So not only would Putin have more Kompromat, he could also make it look like Russia doesn't own Trump.
Oh I'm sure there's some juicy stuff implicating other countries in there. No question about that.

BFIB

I'm waiting on a tweet from Trump saying that this is very unfair of WikiLeaks after all the help they gave him during the campaign.

You underestimate him. He'd love nothing more than for someone to send them to WikiLeaks so they can doctor them before releasing.

Ponn

Banned
Wikileaks not happy about it, too.

C2y1HhdW8AQO_11.jpg

They probably already have them. They are trying to keep up a front of impartiality, they will/would never release them.

Apathy

Wikileaks not happy about it, too.

C2y1HhdW8AQO_11.jpg

image.php

Sorry had to, it just went so perfect.

Fucking wikileaks, gullible fools. He lies, he always has lied and he will continue to lie. Fucking simpletons over there. How naive do you have to be to think he would do this?

Edit: my bad, he alternative truthed

rec0ded1

Im waiting to see just how long the Trump apologists hold out on my facebook feed

I have a lot of close friends and family that are trump supporter but I feel like they are constantly on edge...

I mean fuck if I backed this unpredictable fuck i would be on edge too

Then again they could fall into the stereotype and apologize for Trump at every bad turn over the next 4 years

As of now they are clinging to the images of kids breaking windows saying "look at that!" and riding their high horses

The few I keep on my feed to get insights on how they think are grasping at lame memes. One of them responded to the women's march news with "these women would rather have a president that sticks cigars in their pussies than a president that JOKES about grabbing a pussy"

waitwhat.gif

If the petition website goes down there should be another one built up by a private citizen so that news organization can still reference the number of people interested in his taxes.

The few I keep on my feed to get insights on how they think are grasping at lame memes. One of them responded to the women's march news with "these women would rather have a president that sticks cigars in their pussies than a president that JOKES about grabbing a pussy"

waitwhat.gif

They do have really lame memes and jokes, and they ruin good ones.

He could have done it to assuage fears but this clear refusal makes it look more and more like something shady's going on, even if there isn't.

Good job White House

waitwhat.gif

Its sad but i mean

When you go with the Nuclear option... i suppose you double down?

I dont know if its ignorance, cowardice, shame or stubborness

They want it desperately to be as simple as talk show radio hosts tell them. SHit on the liberals at all costs

The issue being we are only getting more complex and diverse that I cant even follow their basic bitch thought processes seriously

jelly

You underestimate him. He'd love nothing more than for someone to send them to WikiLeaks so they can doctor them before releasing.

Is that even possible with Tax Returns, it's not just one side. You can't change all the other tax returns linked to Trump after making Trumps look good.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
That language from White House. Its just insane.

In other words, "He won, you have all been played"

Caelus

Most Americans…are very focused on what their tax returns will look like while President Trump is in office, not what his look like.

This statement is more clever than I'm willing to admit, but at the same time, so fucking stupid. That's so not the point of why people are demanding he release them. Fucking idiots. Fuck.

Wulfric

The IRS, CIA, FBI, I don't even care who, someone with a gigantic pair of balls needs to leak these. We must not let up on this. The more we press, the more foolish Trump's administration looks. Even the media is more willing to call out their BS.

Just in the past 48 hours, it's obvious his team is struggling to look even remotely credible. The fact that the GOP remains silent is alarming by itself. If this was Obama, they would be crying foul.

Ogodei

It plays to the base, where it looks like macho swagger. "I won, you can all go fuck yourselves," but it just looks gross to everyone who isn't in the tank. This is the long-term image problem.

That makes sense, but what you're failing to consider is that WikiLeaks just said something bad about him. Even if it's his own plan, he can't let that slide.

That's exactly what it is: "I won, I'm president now, I'm untouchable, I don't have to give in to your silly demands."

Just insane, a mayor of a small village would have to resign after even a fraction of what Trump has said and done during the election...at least in a not 3rd world country. Yet here we are, he's the most powerful "man" in the world.

i-Lo

Will he be the first president of USA to do so? And if so, which surreal episode of Twilight Zone are we witnessing?

Ekai

It plays to the base, where it looks like macho swagger. "I won, you can all go fuck yourselves," but it just looks gross to everyone who isn't in the tank. This is the long-term image problem.

When Trump gets that state-run media to fall in line and executive orders himself and his sons President for life, you know to protect the nation from Radical Islamic Terrorism, it won't be a problem anymore. Have a dissenting opinion? You're clearly just an enemy of the state.

I wish I didn't feel like I was exaggerating. He already wants control of what the media says about him and wants to make anyone who doesn't like him/criticizes him someone who hates Democracy/the nation/isn't a "patriot" etc. etc. When he won off the back of fascist actions by Republicans to suppress votes and is himself a fascist. I wouldn't doubt he pulls some fuckery to try and argue he and his sons need to be sole rulers of the nation. He already has dictator in him.

Will he be the first president of USA to do so? And if so, which surreal episode of Twilight Zone are we witnessing?

We're barreling towards the world that was in the episode Two.
So, eventually we're all going to die because of a war. Except Elizabeth Montgomery and Charles Bronson.....who eventually fall in love. Fitting that one is russian and the other is American(?) in the context of the story, I suppose.

TrojanAg

Obviously this wasn't going to happen. Looking forward to the day that this gets leaked because you know that someone will go out of their way to do it.

Ponn

Banned
They will release them if the goal is destabilizing the US.

I'm not sure how much more destabilized we can get with Trump in power. Russia has their puppet, they won.

Honestly though the way things are right now I don't think even releasing his taxes would do anything.

Exile20

He was never going to do it, the audit excuse was just to waste time till the elections.

This seems like something that a lot of people have access to, I don't see how this doesn't leak.

Leaking the president's taxes is guilty by death? Treason?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully some disgruntled/patriotic IRS employee releases them before Trump can purge all his tax history.

Ekai

Then his tax returns will be like the emails come 2020. They forget they are only in power for so long.

He'll figure out a way to rule indefinitely. Like I said, he's the closet thing to a dictator this country has ever seen.

It is insane to me that the executive leader of a nation is not legally obligated to release his tax returns.

Like, the IRS is sitting on them. They are on someone's server right now.

Can someone not file a Freedom of Information Act request to force the IRS to release them?

UberTag

I bet he is not going to release them in the 2020 elections also.
Why would he? Trump thinks he is above owing us or anyone else anything. We don't need to see his taxes. We don't need to get answers to our questions. We don't need to be presented with facts. We don't need to be presented with shit beyond empty promises and his litany of victimization and ego stroking.

He's a tyrant.

Zubz

Banned
Trump fans are suckers. We will barely see any in this thread.

You got conned by the world's least sophisticated conman.

And this is the small stuff. Says more about you guys than him.

Just listen to his staff, though. They're going in on this whole "alt-facts" angle, & their supporters are so afraid of acknowledging they're wrong that they're eating it up. They might actually have tricked themselves into believing no one outside of reporters cares about this. I mean, when he acknowledged he does not pay taxes on stage during the national, televised debates, they thought it just meant he was "a good businessman," even before they hopped on his ego trip.

Putin initiating the next phase of his plan I see...

Yeah, that was a bit surprising to see Wiki Leaks turn this quickly. It was inevitable they'd try to be a big push in the effort to expose Trump, but maybe the mass, worldwide protests gave Putin & his flunkies an opportunity to jump ahead further than expected?

Kenclops

Banned
Can we just start calling this Lie-a-ggedon?
He even said he was going to take the weekend off before announcing anything.

RedHill

Banned
He'll figure out a way to rule indefinitely. Like I said, he's the closet thing to a dictator this country has ever seen.
Now now, let's not sound like Obama critics. He's a dangerous psychopath with a white supremacist following, but he isn't going to "find a way" to rule indefinitely. This unrealistic fear mongering keeps people from the things we should be scared of about him

Ekai

It is insane to me that the executive leader of a nation is not legally obligated to release his tax returns.

Like, the IRS is sitting on them. They are on someone's server right now.

Can someone not file a Freedom of Information Act request to force the IRS to release them?

If he's not breaking the law (tho I want to say I read he is), he is very much breaking tradition and his refusal despite past people releasing theirs despite audits is very fucking telling.

Pretty sure someone already filed that and they have yet to be released anyway. The guy is the biggest inhumane shitstain and gets away with everything.
Never before has this gif been more accurate:
raw

Ekai

Now now, let's not sound like Obama critics. He's a dangerous psychopath with a white supremacist following, but he isn't going to "find a way" to rule indefinitely. This unrealistic fear mongering keeps people from the things we should be scared of about him

I mean, he is a flat out lil' dictator. He's the most fascist president our country has ever had and he's leading the most outwardly fascist party this country has ever had as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom