• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White House confirms Trump no longer plans to release Tax Returns after audit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Just listen to his staff, though. They're going in on this whole "alt-facts" angle, & their supporters are so afraid of acknowledging they're wrong that they're eating it up. They might actually have tricked themselves into believing no one outside of reporters cares about this. I mean, when he acknowledged he does not pay taxes on stage during the national, televised debates, they thought it just meant he was "a good businessman," even before they hopped on his ego trip.

Yeah, that was a bit surprising to see Wiki Leaks turn this quickly. It was inevitable they'd try to be a big push in the effort to expose Trump, but maybe the mass, worldwide protests gave Putin & his flunkies an opportunity to jump ahead further than expected?
Stage 3: throw out Trump to destabilize the US

Wilsongt

The fact that he isn't releasing them should be the final piece of evidence that the Persimmon Baby is hiding some pretty bad shit.

And sadly, the IRS knows what it is and can't do anything.

Wuiji

Trump fans are suckers. We will barely see any in this thread.

You got conned by the world's least sophisticated conman.

And this is the small stuff. Says more about you guys than him.

Pretty much. He kept seeing how much he could get away with, and people kept begging for more. It's not even like people can say "Oh man, we never saw it coming", because it was brightly signposted in fluorescent orange.

If he's not breaking the law (tho I want to say I read he is), he is very much breaking tradition and his refusal despite past people releasing theirs despite audits is very fucking telling.

Pretty sure someone already filed that and they have yet to be released anyway. The guy is the biggest inhumane shitstain and gets away with everything.
Never before has this gif been more accurate:
raw

I'm seeing that there is an FOIA exemption for "Documents which are personnel and medical and similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy." At the same time, the court has already ruled that "the requested materials must in some way illuminate "what the government is 'up to'" in order to justify disclosure" - and considering Trump is the President and his tax returns reflect what a government official is "up to," it seems like a winnable case.

Perhaps we need to rally people around flooding the IRS with FOIA requests for his tax returns.

It looks like one person has tried and already has a form letter ready.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Kellyanne Conway makes me feel a deep anxious sickness in my gut. She's a horrible person. Such a snake.

Now now, let's not sound like Obama critics. He's a dangerous psychopath with a white supremacist following, but he isn't going to "find a way" to rule indefinitely. This unrealistic fear mongering keeps people from the things we should be scared of about him

The fear over Trump being a literal dictator is based on actions that he took that are explicitly those of a dictator. Trying to discredit the media, trying to excise dissent in the intelligence community, etc. Obama was black, and therefore dictator.

Wensih

Even if he did release them, why should we believe anything that is released by The White House or this President after that stunt yesterday?

UberTag

Well the audit did end right at the same time of the inauguration, that is not a coincidence. Right?
Of course not. He runs the IRS now (via the Commissioner of Internal Revenue and the Department of the Treasury).

Even if he did release them, why should we believe anything that is released by The White House or this President after that stunt yesterday?
You shouldn't. Everything is alternate facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom