• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles Media and Information Thread

JudgeN

MrDenny said:
wks.jpg

His face model has change quite a bit since the first trailer. Wish the in-game graphics looked like it did in the first trailer.

I like this model so much better, didn't have those cry ass eyebrows :lol

No you were right. It was just weird cause it was almost the first thing I read once I got home.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind text chat in Online RPG's? I've seen all the comments about no voice chat. I'm not even sure I'd even use voice chat for this game. Even in previous MMO's that I played I only used text chat.

I guess it would be good to give the option but not sure how that would work if some want to use text and others want to use voice. Possibly that is why they went with text only?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cellbomber said:
No you were right. It was just weird cause it was almost the first thing I read once I got home.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind text chat in Online RPG's? I've seen all the comments about no voice chat. I'm not even sure I'd even use voice chat for this game. Even in previous MMO's that I played I only used text chat.

I guess it would be good to give the option but not sure how that would work if some want to use text and others want to use voice. Possibly that is why they went with text only?

I'm fine with it. Though I've only played FFXI.

WYWY

The protagonist for the Episode 0 webcomic - quite a breathe of fresh air. In fact - dare I say it - the webcomic feels like a non-sanitized version of the game's 'feel'... But first I'll concede I hate the abuse of 'dark, mature themes'. But maybe because most JRPGs are so... 'teenage friendly' that this feels fresh, and it doesn't emphasize the 'mature' and 'angst' bits too much.

Wonder if we'll ever get a studio that dares to go for the 'feel' that this webcomic is doing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
WYWY said:
The protagonist for the Episode 0 webcomic - quite a breathe of fresh air. In fact - dare I say it - the webcomic feels like a non-sanitized version of the game's 'feel'... But first I'll concede I hate the abuse of 'dark, mature themes'. But maybe because most JRPGs are so... 'teenage friendly' that this feels fresh, and it doesn't emphasize the 'mature' and 'angst' bits too much.

Wonder if we'll ever get a studio that dares to go for the 'feel' that this webcomic is doing.

Versus XIII... maybe? XD

WYWY

Kagari said:
Versus XIII... maybe? XD
No no, Versus is still very much 'young boys in black leather with flawless skin trying to look profound' stuff.

This webcomic protagonist looks older and weary, has facial hair, and a dead wife.

jmonteiro

Kagari said:
Versus XIII... maybe? XD

I have versus XIII on pre-order from Amazon and here is the order status:

The following item will arrive by December 24, 2008.
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: December 16, 2008
1 of: Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Zoe

Ugh, too much katakana in the web comic. I hate it when they do that!

I wonder if they ever plan on releasing these in some other format. They should put it on PSN like the MGS encyclopedia.

jmonteiro

Kagari said:
That's hilarious.

I know I just wish it was true.

Anyway I will keep my pre-order since it's $56.99. I buy way too many games so the $3 + no-tax + free shipping is pretty good.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Calcaneus said:
Wow, I must be really out of the loop, when did this game become an MMO?

It's not a MMO. It's basically two games in one now. A huge single player experience and an online mode.

Syntek

Kagari said:
I'm fine with it. Though I've only played FFXI.

Yeah, I think it's fine if it's like FFXI's system, where everyone/everything that's happening has text feedback so you are always aware of what's going on with your buddies.

ie. "Player A is paralyzed" "Player B uses item X", etc...

As long as WKC does that, voice chat isn't necessary outside of being a fun distraction. If WKC doesn't do that, then voice chat is kind of important to issue quick commands/requests.

I want this game to be good so bad. I have been waiting forever for a great RPJ this gen.

Plus if its really coming out this month shouldn't Famitsu have reviewed it by now?

Kyoufu

BruceLeeRoy said:
I want this game to be good so bad. I have been waiting forever for a great RPJ this gen.

Plus if its really coming out this month shouldn't Famitsu have reviewed it by now?

Review should be next week I guess.

Who is doing the official thread?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Site update time.

Characters, World, System.

One of the toads is called Amanda, wat? lol

More indepth stuff on the combo system.

New desert-like location, Albana.

Top Bottom