• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yeah. It's pretty likely you looked me right in the face and had no clue I was accidentally stalking you.

I was there that night and left around 9:15. Walked down the road to Luma for dessert. I either saw you take the pic or walked right past you that night.

I've been reading the thread you made about moving. You seem like a really awesome person who's in need of some generosity. Once you make it out there, PM me and we can discuss getting you to Seattle for a visit. Since it looks like you don't have a car, I would gladly drive to Portland to pick you up and house you for a weekend or something. I'm very used to long (3+ hour) drives since I've visited Orlando from South Florida countless times for Disney World and stuff.

If you have any worries about my credibility, just ask Log4Girlz, we've had baller GAF parties.

Holy shit. That would be absolutely amazing. :') Straight up gave me the feels. I would truly love that opportunity. I've only been out of Florida once, to go to San Diego for 3 days, and thats it. So once I move I want to take in as much of that part of the country as much as possible.

Getting to meet fellow gaffers + hanging out in a place I admire = I would need to bring a change of pants haha <3

GrizzNKev

Banned
Holy shit. That would be absolutely amazing. :') Straight up gave me the feels. I would truly love that opportunity. I've only been out of Florida once, to go to San Diego for 3 days, and thats it. So once I move I want to take in as much of that part of the country as much as possible.

Getting to meet fellow gaffers + hanging out in a place I admire = I would need to bring a change of pants haha <3

Hey dude, not much effort on my part to make your life better is something I'm happy to do. Just keep us updated on your situation so I can make it happen. There are lots of other cool gaffers out here, a few of which I'll probably be meeting at PAX. I'll see what I can get going once you're here.

Sotha_Sil

I'll be heading back to Orlando for a few days around Thanksgiving. Anyone have recommendations on places to go that have popped up in the last 3 years (since I left)?

I was hoping to move back to Orlando (or some other select areas) after grad school, but it looks like I'll be staying in Louisiana for a while longer.

I'll be heading back to Orlando for a few days around Thanksgiving. Anyone have recommendations on places to go that have popped up in the last 3 years (since I left)?

I was hoping to move back to Orlando (or some other select areas) after grad school, but it looks like I'll be staying in Louisiana for a while longer.

What part of Orlando will you be staying? and do you mind traveling a little distance?

My favorite places are in Winter Park near downtown and I can recommend tons to see/do. :)

What kinda places?

Sotha_Sil

What part of Orlando will you be staying? and do you mind traveling a little distance?

My favorite places are in Winter Park near downtown and I can recommend tons to see/do. :)

Will be staying in Oviedo, but any area will be fine. I remember you gave me a pretty exhaustive list of Winter Park areas a few weeks back. I won't have time for more than a few things most likely.... if there's any new breweries that have opened up, that would be a must-see for me. Otherwise, any cool bars and one or two restaurants (any food will do).

Will be staying in Oviedo, but any area will be fine. I remember you gave me a pretty exhaustive list of Winter Park areas a few weeks back. I won't have time for more than a few things most likely.... if there's any new breweries that have opened up, that would be a must-see for me. Otherwise, any cool bars and one or two restaurants (any food will do).

For great beer and food definitely check out Cask & Larder. They have an incredible selection and even brew their own beer in house.

Oh! And Ravenous Pig too. The food is incredible and their selection is also killer (beer menu) :)

Sotha_Sil

I had to rearrange plans and am now heading to Orlando from Baton Rouge this Saturday. Probably going to go straight to World of Beer to meet up with my old roommate. I'm looking forward to a good vacation before starting work early January.

border

This thread isn't really that active, so I'm just throwing this out there:

I thought a fun idea for a Florida-GAF meetup would be at the Daytona Beach Best Buy, where they demo Samsung GearVR units during certain hours on the weekends. Everyone can try out an affordable VR headset - the sort of thing you may not have ever done if you don't go to PAX or E3.

It's probably not worth the drive just for that, but if everyone's coming for a NeoGAF meet-and-greet as well perhaps we would get a few more takers.

dickroach

...kinda? feels more like central FL-GAF to me, but then that's cause most of south florida GAF are bums

BUMMMMMSSSS

delray beach what what

I will bump this thread constantly now that i am aware of it. florida is the 3rd most populated US state!!!! we gotta rock this.

gaf is the be-all-end-all of video games. we're the be-all-end-all of weird states :\

I moved back to Tallahassee for work and keep knowing when E3 happens I wont be able to go to a theater again with Florida-GAF like i have the last 2 years.

Might have to take off work for this and drive back to Miami lol

Necrovex

Florida Gaf, particularly Hillsborough-Gaf, I need your advice for the general election. I'm living overseas, and I plan to mail my ballot on Saturday from South Africa (expects to arrive in 3-4 weeks). So I don't have the luxury to wait for Tampa Bay Times to post their local endorsements and information sheet as I would in prior elections. Anyone have any information I should know about for the very local ballot (i.e. people without party affiliations next to their name)?

Also voting No,Yes,Yes, and Yes (in order) for the amendments, and of course, for Clinton and the Dems for this election cycle.

cj_iwakura

So a couple of us are meeting up in Coral Springs tomorrow if anyone's interested. Not sure what's going to happen, but I have a Shinobi cabinet that's open to sharing.

I was going to make a post-hurricane party meet up thread, but it seems in poor taste when a lot of FL is still being reamed. Stay safe, all.

cj_iwakura

So a couple of us are meeting up in Coral Springs tomorrow if anyone's interested. Not sure what's going to happen, but I have a Shinobi cabinet that's open to sharing.

I was going to make a post-hurricane party meet up thread, but it seems in poor taste when a lot of FL is still being reamed. Stay safe, all.

We're having it this weekend. Is anyone down?

Does it warrant its own thread?

Top Bottom