• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

kehs

Banned
I was walking out the door last night to head to the theatre last night, when I decided to print out a copy of the waiting list thing.

Totally mixed up the dates for the event.
KuGsj.gif

El_Chino

They have a wide variety of products made only by them or that aren't found anywhere else and apparently, based off what I've heard from everyone I know + the internet, their products are incredible and really affordable.

Stuff like this:

46467.jpg

016-600x366.jpg

PicMonkey-Collage-2-600x600.jpg

trader+joes.jpg
The Trader Joe's in Gainesville is my go to place for grocery shopping.

Pau

Gonna go back to being part of SouthFloridaGAF for ten days or so. Coming from NYC so Trader Joe's is old news. :p

What I got on my first trip:

10425027_10203317543673297_7715299462567269203_n.jpg

The pricing was fantastic. All of that for $16. The products they have are great and incredibly diverse and it makes me excited to cook again since I've been on a tight budget lately. I am in love.

ZeroRay

Any of you guys going to the St. Vincent concert in October?

Gonna go back to being part of SouthFloridaGAF for ten days or so. Coming from NYC so Trader Joe's is old news. :p

Yo, hit me up. NY don't have Publix tho, or Pollo Tropical. NY loses.

Necrovex

Tampa, Florida (Actually Riverview) - Checking in.

Oh man, I live so close to Riverview. I practically live over in Fishhawk.

Because no one in Florida can determine what is truly South Florida, what part of Florida will you live in? When a state has a university call 'University of South Florida' in the middle of central Florida, I have no idea what to think of anymore when it comes to Florida geography.

El_Chino

I can't take this heat anymore
Depending where you're at, it'll get cooler in a month or two.
Tampa, Florida (Actually Riverview) - Checking in.

Oh man, I live so close to Riverview. I practically live over in Fishhawk.

Because no one in Florida can determine what is truly South Florida, what part of Florida will you live in? When a state has a university call 'University of South Florida' in the middle of central Florida, I have no idea what to think of anymore when it comes to Florida geography.
Nice! I visit riverview every few months.

I live over by Winter Park in Orlando.

Went on a walk today with Horse Detective and it was fucking brutal outside.

So sticky and gross :(

Cooling off with beer now though.

I visit Tampa from time to time. I absolutely ADORE the Oxford Exchange. Its my favorite place in Florida, honestly.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I live over by Winter Park in Orlando.

Cooling off with beer now though.

I visit Tampa from time to time. I absolutely ADORE the Oxford Exchange. Its my favorite place in Florida, honestly.

Woah woah woaaaaaah.

Horse Detective lives near Winter Park? Didn't he make the thread about wanting to move to NYC with his gf?

Are you his friend or this his gf's account?

Anyway, I was at Barnie's today with my wife, I prefer sitting outside, I drank my coffee, ate my waffles, she had her food and I was pretty beat from the heat despite sitting under the umbrella. This week has been pretty hot - admittedly, but soon comes the Sept-April stretch of non stop amazing weather.

Woah woah woaaaaaah.

Horse Detective lives near Winter Park? Didn't he make the thread about wanting to move to NYC with his gf?

Are you his friend or this his gf's account?

Anyway, I was at Barnie's today with my wife, I prefer sitting outside, I drank my coffee, ate my waffles, she had her food and I was pretty beat from the heat despite sitting under the umbrella. This week has been pretty hot - admittedly, but soon comes the Sept-April stretch of non stop amazing weather.

I'm his girlfriend. We met on here :3

We both used to work at that Barnie's. I worked there for 3 1/2 years hehehe

Pau

Miami!

Oh god, today was my first day back and it is so terrible. Every time in NYC I'm like: Well, it's pretty hot over here it can't be much worse in Miami. And every time I'm wrong. :(

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm up in Inverness, in North Central Florida, and I'm fucking sick of this stinking hot rain parade too! I'm looking forward to fall, for sure. Especially for the acorns to drop, since I'm going to try preparing and cooking them this year. I was reading that a long time ago they were an essential part of the human diet in many areas so I've been doing a bit of reading up on how you have to soak them and prepare them and shit. I'm interested in a huge source of free calories that are ripe for the picking up! At least see if they aren't awful, that is.

Since I've never really given half a fuck about acorns before, what are we looking at in terms of them dropping? Like late September, Early October? November-ish? I don't suppose anyone else has ever tried acorn, have you?

IrishNinja

Because no one in Florida can determine what is truly South Florida,

typically south of disney is south florida, but it's actually pretty easy: are there mostly white people where you live? then you're prolly not in south florida (note: redlands, ocala etc do not count)

AlphaSnake

typically south of disney is south florida, but it's actually pretty easy: are there mostly white people where you live? then you're prolly not in south florida (note: redlands, ocala etc do not count)

Anything sound of Port St Lucie is South Florida, imo.

Holy crap...small world. I've been going there for over 2 years now. When did you guys quit? LOL

Quit back in May. I don't know if you saw me or not. I worked there very often. Short chick, brown hair, has relatively large gauges, poured cats in peoples drinks.... you may have interacted with me :O ! I had cut off my hair so it was short for a while so my ears were my defining feature for some people.

Crazy small world !

AlphaSnake

Quit back in May. I don't know if you saw me or not. I worked there very often. Short chick, brown hair, has relatively large gauges, poured cats in peoples drinks.... you may have interacted with me :O ! I had cut off my hair so it was short for a while so my ears were my defining feature for some people.

Crazy small world !

LMAO...yeaaah, I remember you!! I also just remembered Horsey posted a pic of you two in the SO thread. Him I don't remember as much working there, but you've definitely interacted with me and my wife at the cash register and yeah, the cats...my wife LOVED the cat faces because she loves kittens.

This is pretty funny.

You have/had some pretty awesome co-workers. Kimberly is awesome! So is the guy with the tatoos and redhair (I forgot his name), and the girl with the long blonde hair (also forgot hers).

I spoke to the manager the other week (Rick?) and suggested they open up a location in Windermere closer to me. Hehehe.

LMAO...yeaaah, I remember you!! I also just remembered Horsey posted a pic of you two in the SO thread. Him I don't remember as much working there, but you've definitely interacted with me and my wife at the cash register and yeah, the cats...my wife LOVED the cat faces because she loves kittens.

This is pretty funny.

You have/had some pretty awesome co-workers. Kimberly is awesome! So is the guy with the tatoos and redhair (I forgot his name), and the girl with the long blonde hair (also forgot hers).

I spoke to the manager the other week (Rick?) and suggested they open up a location in Windermere closer to me. Hehehe.

WOW. Such a small world ! Yeah that was totally me :O

A lot of the people who used to work there were awesome but its morphed into something pretty ugly lately. The structure there is nonexistent, hence me leaving after so long. But I'm glad you're still able to enjoy your time there ! It's rad knowing that someone I've interacted with in a place that spawned my passion for coffee is someone I am now interacting with on my favorite forum. Pretty badass, imo. :)

I'm glad I was able to make your experience there a fun one ! Still blows my mind that you've come into that shop while I've worked there for so long and I had no idea then we run into each other on here. SO crazy yet really really awesome !

So I'm moving back to Orlando for a few months.

One thing I want to do is visit the parks while I'm there, what's the cheapest way to do this?

AlphaSnake

WOW. Such a small world ! Yeah that was totally me :O

A lot of the people who used to work there were awesome but its morphed into something pretty ugly lately. The structure there is nonexistent, hence me leaving after so long. But I'm glad you're still able to enjoy your time there ! It's rad knowing that someone I've interacted with in a place that spawned my passion for coffee is someone I am now interacting with on my favorite forum. Pretty badass, imo. :)

I'm glad I was able to make your experience there a fun one ! Still blows my mind that you've come into that shop while I've worked there for so long and I had no idea then we run into each other on here. SO crazy yet really really awesome !

Yeah, in my 13-14 years on GAF, this is my first random GAFer encounter.

That sucks to hear about the structure. I have noticed a manager (Rick?) present there almost all the time when I go on weekends now, and things are pretty smooth. I've had the occasional delay with my order months back, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I need to check out the dinner menu they have now on Fridays and Saturdays. My biggest pet peeve is that certain items they stop serving after 11:30AM. Waffles should be an all day thing. You can't go wrong with breakfast at any time!

AlphaSnake

So I'm moving back to Orlando for a few months.

One thing I want to do is visit the parks while I'm there, what's the cheapest way to do this?

Friends or family who work or have connections to get you in. There's nothing else.

Valhelm

contribute something
I'm up in Orlando for a week with my debate team. It's really incredible how different Central Florida is from the Miami area.

Yeah, in my 13-14 years on GAF, this is my first random GAFer encounter.

That sucks to hear about the structure. I have noticed a manager (Rick?) present there almost all the time when I go on weekends now, and things are pretty smooth. I've had the occasional delay with my order months back, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I need to check out the dinner menu they have now on Fridays and Saturdays. My biggest pet peeve is that certain items they stop serving after 11:30AM. Waffles should be an all day thing. You can't go wrong with breakfast at any time!

That store is a big facade. It looks like its running smoothly but the employees are treated poorly and the structure is bullshit. Its pretty much like a big play being put on to everyone. :/

The dinner menu is good, i admit. Chef Camilo prepares everything around 4pm and you can watch them make all of the prep from scratch, including him butchering rabbit or fish depending on whats being made that weekend. Its pretty rad. Heres a link to their dinner menu:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0358/3621/files/Dinner_May2014_d1e6f1a6-5f66-4eb5-a9e9-119b02b20918.pdf?4576

The wine they serve is fantastic. The Jules Taylor, which is a white wine, is my absolute favorite. Its perfect for when its hot out. :)

Mind me asking what your name is? I'd love to know if I can put a face to you lol

I'm up in Orlando for a week with my debate team. It's really incredible how different Central Florida is from the Miami area.

What part of Orlando?!

Check out the craft food scene in Winter Park, if you can. There are a ton of excellent places I can tell you about, if you're interested.

AlphaSnake

That store is a big facade. It looks like its running smoothly but the employees are treated poorly and the structure is bullshit. Its pretty much like a big play being put on to everyone. :/

The dinner menu is good, i admit. Chef Camilo prepares everything around 4pm and you can watch them make all of the prep from scratch, including him butchering rabbit or fish depending on whats being made that weekend. Its pretty rad. Heres a link to their dinner menu:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0358/3621/files/Dinner_May2014_d1e6f1a6-5f66-4eb5-a9e9-119b02b20918.pdf?4576

The wine they serve is fantastic. The Jules Taylor, which is a white wine, is my absolute favorite. Its perfect for when its hot out. :)

Mind me asking what your name is? I'd love to know if I can put a face to you lol

I'll PM you.

Top Bottom