• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who here lives in Florida?

Bajan32

I just moved to North Miami/Aventura. Doing the job searching thing as well and it is awful.

Oh and hi everyone, had no idea this thread existed until 5 minutes ago. I have been living in FL for about 2 months now.

Best of luck to ya squall. Only place I've heard back from was paying fucking peanuts. Something will come up for us eventually. Me I just gotta get a little apartment or something. Staying with my cousin and his girl and kids is wearing on me lol.

IrishNinja

...complaining about the beach? oh, a central floridaian, okay, haha

best of luck to ya'll looking for work, it's rough out there right now.

Bajan32

...complaining about the beach? oh, a central floridaian, okay, haha

best of luck to ya'll looking for work, it's rough out there right now.

Thanks Irish.
Yeah its hard without any network or contacts. Coming from LA I knew that's what i was walking into, but had to try anyway.... should have enough money to get through 4-6 months without work. But I really would rather be working.

IrishNinja

^some parts are, yeah? some parts are gorgeous too, go further north to see it. i lived on 64th & collins and it was nothing like that.

also, no one's tryin to be in clearwater.

IrishNinja

nah, i just got a group down here going with Mzo, Bishopcruz, Gunsmith & co, Zero occasionally comes out too. might try something again when Supercon comes up this summer, but i don't imagine stuff like the youth fair, renaissance festival etc will bring many out?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Confusing weather we're having of late, fellow Floridians! Still holding it down here in Citrus County.

Can't wait for the skies to clear up. It's been so gray lately.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
It is kind of weird that I've met GAFfers all over, including other countries, but I've never met a local one aside from ZeroRay, once around Wrestlemania.

I'm in Lauderhill now, so I seem to be slowly migrating away from things.

That being said, Video Games Live is coming on May 16 and I'm trying to round up some of my friends to come with. Plenty of tickets are still available, and it'd be nice to at least say hi to one of you guys before/after the show.

nah, i just got a group down here going with Mzo, Bishopcruz, Gunsmith & co, Zero occasionally comes out too. might try something again when Supercon comes up this summer, but i don't imagine stuff like the youth fair, renaissance festival etc will bring many out?

Ah, I was wondering if Mzo had met up with you already, since he mentioned you being a cool guy one of the last times I saw him. Afterwards, I wasn't sure if he meant in person, or on GAF.

Sup to my Tampa Bay folks...

Sucks living in Tampa and working in St.Pete, those bridges are BRUTAL during rush hour.

Tampa is nuts but I love going up there. (Sarasota area here). Just be thankful you're not living in the north port/punta gorda area like I am!

I'm live in Naples, any other 239'ers around here?

I'm a 941'er, close enough. What do you guys do around here on weekends? I just moved here from Michigan back in October

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm in NYC for a week visiting my old area and such...and my God do I miss Central Florida.

NY sucks such a pile of shit.

We found a massive pothole yesterday in the city, about 2 feet deep and 3 feet wide...parked and just watched as cars plowed into it. It was our source of amusement last night.

IrishNinja

I got three tickets for the youth fair so if two people want to join...yea

going sunday afternoon, i got passes from work!

I honestly can't remember if I've posted in here before or not. But I'm in North Miami/Aventura and um.....hi!

howdy! we've got a number of people on the north end of the beach and not too terribly far from you, i wanna say

That being said, Video Games Live is coming on May 16 and I'm trying to round up some of my friends to come with. Plenty of tickets are still available, and it'd be nice to at least say hi to one of you guys before/after the show.

yeah, i'm trying to get my group to buy tickets soon! i went to the last one (met another gaffer there, Tommy Tallarico had him play Guitar Hero on the stage & he tore it up, haha), i'll post here if it works out! show's great and cheap seats are still about.

Ah, I was wondering if Mzo had met up with you already, since he mentioned you being a cool guy one of the last times I saw him. Afterwards, I wasn't sure if he meant in person, or on GAF.

Mzo's a good dude, we catch up locally every week or so i wanna say? just did a birthday thing for him & a fellow gaffer down at Arcade Odyssey last weekend!

Necrovex

Sup to my Tampa Bay folks...

Sucks living in Tampa and working in St.Pete, those bridges are BRUTAL during rush hour.

I wish I lived in Tampa. It sucks having to drive to Tampa from Valrico. Fuck that place.

I always try to get to St.Pete via Gandy, it is a lot easier than 275.

Also, Cigar City Brewery is such an awesome place to drink at. We should have a FL-Gaf Meetup there one of these days.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
i did, beginning of last year to los angeles, i've visited home (jacksonville) and orlando/winter park area quite a few times since i've been gone though.

Love Winter Park so much.

My wife and I have a Sunday tradition of breakfast at Barnies ever since we moved. They have a dinner menu now and are open until 10PM 4 days a week.

border

From what I gather you just show up before the screening, and if all seats aren't filled by 7:45, they will let people on the Wait List in to fill those seats. The question then is - how early should you show up to be at the front of the Wait List line?

I think there's a good change that cooler theatres will just cancel another movie screening that didn't sell any tickets, and let the Wait List people watch in a separate auditorium. I went to a screening of the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, and they just spontaneously announced that if you want better seats they were opening up a second screening in the auditorium next door.

kehs

Banned
That's what I understood from the waiting list email.

Gonna head out there, if it's too thick I'll just catch Divergent or something.

Top Bottom