• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why there's no refund policy on PSN yet?

KageMaru

Go buy a physical game and ask for a refund after playing it. The store clerk will also laugh in your face.

Key difference is that you can actually trade in that physical copy for some credit.

I'm sure Sony will add it eventually but defending the lack of the feature is stupid.

Meted

Go buy a physical game and ask for a refund after playing it. The store clerk will also laugh in your face.

In Australia at least at EB games you can buy a game, open it and play it and still get a full refund (store credit) within a week of your purchase with no reason other than you want to return it. Probably not the case everywhere but Sony sure isn't doing that.

Lothars

be careful NEVER Go to your Bank for a refund otherwise Sony will BAN YOU.
it does mit matter why you Charge Back, even for a good reason, they will outright ban you. No questions asked.

See here http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1072823&page=1

also, Love how people here defend the anti-customer BS... same with No crossplay crap... what the hell
People should be banned for any chargeback through the bank, Sony should offer refunds and I've had luck with them refunding in the past but they should have a policy in place.

DR2K

Banned
I think it might be because there is no way to revoke a license fully on PSN.
From what I understand even if you some how manage to get a full refund from sony as long as you have the game installed on your console you can still play it just fine, it's just that you can't redownload it.

No they can remove the license completely.

RCU005

Refunds in pre-ordered games is a must. Everyone should be able to cancel a pre-order at anytime, with the funds going back to the wallet. The game is not even released, so at least they could start with that!

Blam

People should be banned for any chargeback through the bank, Sony should offer refunds and I've had luck with them refunding in the past but they should have a policy in place.

Even then Sony cs will actually recommend charging back then ban you for doing so. It's pretty assbackwards and I don't like how they haven't change it yet.

Top Bottom