• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii emulator can do 720p HD

kinggroin

Banned
Nemesis121 said:
Can a Dual core at 2.13ghz, 2gigs ram, and ATI 5750 run the Wii or GC emulator? since dolphin is the same.

Nope.

But you can if you use that C2D the way it was meant. Overclock that sumbitch.

Darklord

Banned
Pardon for the ignorance seeing as this is one of the few times I've come into this thread(and seriously, it blew my mind these games look so good) but how do you get the Wii/GCN controls working on an emulator?

besiktas1

Darklord said:
Pardon for the ignorance seeing as this is one of the few times I've come into this thread(and seriously, it blew my mind these games look so good) but how do you get the Wii/GCN controls working on an emulator?

Wii: Bluetooth adapter + Wireless sensor bar (or make your own), or mouse&keyboard/joypad

GC: Xbox 360 pad (or whatever pad you have :p )

Also I might buy a Wii game today to play, one that doesn't really use Wiimote, I'm guessing Wario Shake :)

Darklord

Banned
besiktas1 said:
Wii: Bluetooth adapter + Wireless sensor bar (or make your own), or mouse&keyboard/joypad

GC: Xbox 360 pad (or whatever pad you have :p )

Also I might buy a Wii game today to play, one that doesn't really use Wiimote, I'm guessing Wario Shake :)

I may try this(it's still legal if you own the game, yeah?). My Wii for some reason is fucked. Every minute or two the picture cuts out for a second. It gets REALLY annoying after a while or when I'm trying to do some precise jump plus a better picture never hurt. I wouldn't mind busting out Star Wars: Rouge Leader again either. I love that game and it would be great to get it even better looking.

Would a i7 920 @ 2.67ghz, 6gb DDR3 RAM, GTX 260 cut it for the emulator?

Nimyh

Banned
besiktas1 said:
It actually does use the Wiimote for both shaking bags and aiming projectiles, and I think steering in the water levels as well.
kinggroin said:
Nope.
But you can if you use that C2D the way it was meant. Overclock that sumbitch.
I have a 1.8ghz C2D here, 2GB RAM and some games in fact do run pretty well so I wouldn't say he's doomed just yet.

JADS

brain_stew said:
It shall be appreciated. I haven't tried it in a while so has performance actually been improving with newer builds or is it just getting more compatible and less glitchy? Is a 3.4ghz Q6600 upto the task yet? It was borderline for a lot of games last time I tried.

Its a combination of both. The emulator has gotten a bit faster and more compatible, especially the DirectX9 plugin.

Darklord said:
I may try this(it's still legal if you own the game, yeah?). My Wii for some reason is fucked. Every minute or two the picture cuts out for a second. It gets REALLY annoying after a while or when I'm trying to do some precise jump plus a better picture never hurt. I wouldn't mind busting out Star Wars: Rouge Leader again either. I love that game and it would be great to get it even better looking.

Would a i7 920 @ 2.67ghz, 6gb DDR3 RAM, GTX 260 cut it for the emulator?

Rouge Leader doesn't work :( I have i7 860, at stock speed I can run most games. Stallion Free nice screenshots, you should play this game next :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Darklord said:

I have a wired 360 controller config'd with the buttons set to the exact same place they are on the GC controller. Dolphin has great rumble support and the 360 controller feels really good. For the wiimote, I got a bluetooth adapter from a list of adapters certified to work, a wireless sensor bar (so I can actually aim the wiimote), and I bought Bluesoleil (a bluetooth program that can sync the wiimote to your pc).

JADS said:
Rouge Leader doesn't work :( I have i7 860, at stock speed I can run most games. Stallion Free nice screenshots, you should play this game next :D

I got into all this in hopes I could play through Rogue Squadron II & III at 1080p. I want those games to run more than anything else. I would do unspeakable things for the Dolphin team to focus on making it happen. Also, how does Klonoa run? It looks great in high-def so I will definitely put it on my playlist if it keeps a solid 30 and has few to no issues. I really want to play MadWorld after Wind Waker though.

JADS

Stallion Free said:
I have a wired 360 controller config'd with the buttons set to the exact same place they are on the GC controller. Dolphin has great rumble support and the 360 controller feels really good. For the wiimote, I got a bluetooth adapter from a list of adapters certified to work, a wireless sensor bar (so I can actually aim the wiimote), and I bought Bluesoleil (a bluetooth program that can sync the wiimote to your pc).

I got into all this in hopes I could play through Rogue Squadron II & III at 1080p. I want those games to run more than anything else. I would do unspeakable things for the Dolphin team to focus on making it happen. Also, how does Klonoa run? It looks great in high-def so I will definitely put it on my playlist if it keeps a solid 30 and has few to no issues. I really want to play MadWorld after Wind Waker though.

You don't really need Bluesoleil if you are using Windows 7, the standard MS bluetooth stack will work fine. Klonoa runs at 60 FPS. It runs fine with some minor slowdowns but nothing major. Works fine with the XBOX360 controller since it doesn't use waggle at all.

Rich!

So, I've just installed windows 7 64bit on a new partition, and holy shit the speed up is incredible

Anyone got any links to any builds post-2.0?

Randy

I like the Wind Waker-love in this thread. Looking forward to the Official Dolphin Emulator-thread, Stallion. May the Hyrule King bless you.

VAIL

AMD Phenom 8450 @ 2.10 Ghz
Nvidia 9500GT 512MB
Win 7 64bit 4GB ram
Dolphin 2
2x AF & MSAA
running with the 2x option @ 1440x900 quite well.

6oivsh.jpg

seat

I'm late to the party on this. Hope you guys don't mind humoring a couple dumb questions I have.

Stallion Free said:
Oh shit, my Wiimote-on-the-PC materials just shipped! Hype levels rising.

What Bluetooth dongle and wireless sensor bar does GAF recommend for the Wiimote to work on a PC?

Another quick question: can I transfer game saves from Dolphin on a PC to a Wii console (and vice versa) via SD card? I wasn't sure if the formats were different.

Anony

yeah, i'm playing around with it now since i never finished windwaker

if anyone is willing to keep a repository of the latest svn builds, that would be great

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anony said:
yeah, i'm playing around with it now since i never finished windwaker

if anyone is willing to keep a repository of the latest svn builds, that would be great
http://dolphin-emulator.com/download.html

seat said:
What Bluetooth dongle and wireless sensor bar does GAF recommend for the Wiimote to work on a PC?

Another quick question: can I transfer game saves from Dolphin on a PC to a Wii console (and vice versa) via SD card? I wasn't sure if the formats were different.
Bluetooth devices, pick one: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_Bluetooth_Devices

The Nyko wireless sensor bar has been working just fine for me.

I haven't tried it, but you should be able to transfer saves just fine as I believe Dolphin uses the same save format and for GC it creates virtual memory cards.

JohnsonUT

dino1980 said:
Nah Eternal Sonata looks alot bether. But thats maybe just me.

Zelda WW does look really nice, just sad I just got a Macbook :/.

LARGE ES image.

Is this a fixed camera and/or cut scene or is this a totally open environment with camera control?

fernoca

In theory..since I'm no techie..
Would it be possible to make/release some homebrew app that forces the Wii to output to 720p?..though I think that needs some extra processing power..so the answer is..no.. ? :/

fernoca said:
In theory..since I'm no techie..
Would it be possible to make/release some homebrew app that forces the Wii to output to 720p?..though I think that needs some extra processing power..so the answer is..no.. ? :/

Pretty much.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I long for the day that Rebel Strike works in Dolphin, all shaders rendered correctly. Its such a massive technical landmark for the GCN and cant even imagine how it woud look in 1080p.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Trying to play though Wind Waker using Dolphin but sometimes when it's loading the next level the screen goes black and nothing happens and I have to restart the game again, anyone else experienced this?,

Can someone check if these settings look ok please,

Dolphin 2.0

205e8aw.jpg
6joyt2.jpg

72r2ma.jpg
11bukus.jpg

My specs,

Windows 7 64bit
Q9550
GTX 260
4gig Ram

Nabs

lowrider007 said:

i recommend the latest rev from www.dolphin-emulator.com

this is what i have set for ww:

disable cpu > efb
turn off vsync
efb copy to ram
framelimit: 30 (check off fps *only in the latest rev*)
lock threads to core
disable audio throttle

never had the game stop or go black.

darkwings said:
has the DX plugin surpassed the Opengl plugin now?

Definitely. Maybe it depends on your card, but DX runs so much better now (ATI). SSAA makes it look real nice as well :D

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
orioto said:
I agree with that completely.
What i meant is that artistic direction is all. Wind Waked HD is the proof that you can make something fabulous while not killing an HD machine, and even having range for perfect image quality and probably many many models on the screen, and large scale area...

Yeah, thanks, I love seeing all these Wind Waker shots. Wind Waker has always been such a great example of great art design and direction. Whether you like cel-shaded or not, you have to appreciate how consistent it is. So many art directors have so much to learn from whomever designed the looks of Wind Waker, just in terms of color palette, shape choices and other aspects that make it such a beautiful game with a really strong identity.

My favorite Zelda game since the Snes days, and it's yet to be surpassed. Twilight princess was a disappointment to me but I think mostly it was because it came out when we were starting to see glorious 360 games and I was wondering what could have been if TP would have had access to that kind of power. Sigh.

For now Wind Waker in PC Emu is almost like a new experience :).

Xavien

seat said:
I'm late to the party on this. Hope you guys don't mind humoring a couple dumb questions I have.

I use a Zoom 4314 Bluetooth v2.1 USB dongle that works with the Wiimote perfectly (it even works with the microsoft bluetooth stack) I think basically anything with a CSR brand Bluetooth Radio in it will be fine for Wiimotes.

JADS said:
You don't really need Bluesoleil if you are using Windows 7, the standard MS bluetooth stack will work fine. Klonoa runs at 60 FPS. It runs fine with some minor slowdowns but nothing major. Works fine with the XBOX360 controller since it doesn't use waggle at all.

From personal experience this isn't true, the MS stack refuses to connect to the Wiimote with some bluetooth radio/dongles in Windows 7.

Neckbeard

On topic: That video looks incredible. Is there a GAF post where I can find emulator instructions?

Off topic:

And -- no, it isn't "fine". "Could care less" means that you still care. It's grammatically ambiguous, and makes you look pretty stupid.

Whatever floats your boat, though.

In the true spirit of things, that comma is necessary. In fact, you're creating a dangling clause, rather than a compound sentence which I am going to guess was you're intent. Because there is no subject named, there's no need for it.

/bow

Sorry.
:lol

[edit for misspelling: NOOOOO]

Guys, can't you replace textures in Dolphin now? Why hasn't anyone experimented with that yet?

In theory, couldn't someone dump the textures for the HUD elements in WW, remake them so that when the widescreen hack stretches them to 16:9 they look proper, and have Dolphin load them?

darkwings

Banned
.:Wesker:. said:
Guys, can't you replace textures in Dolphin now? Why hasn't anyone experimented with that yet?

In theory, couldn't someone dump the textures for the HUD elements in WW, remake them so that when the widescreen hack stretches them to 16:9 they look proper, and have Dolphin load them?

in theory yes, but it is probably too much work just for the HUD

darkwings said:
in theory yes, but it is probably too much work just for the HUD
Well it seems to me that the only ugly thing in these screenshots is that HUD. Once someone finished the retexturing, it wouldn't be much more of a hassle than copying some files whenever you download a new build (which is what you already do with saved games).

selig

Banned
My god, I cant get enough of these TWW-shots. Really, Zelda Wii needs to use this toon-shading technique, combined with a different art style. It´d be the best game ever.

NotWii

Banned
lowrider007 said:
Trying to play though Wind Waker using Dolphin but sometimes when it's loading the next level the screen goes black and nothing happens and I have to restart the game again, anyone else experienced this?,

Can someone check if these settings look ok please,
Happened to me as well, so I'm also curious

Win7 64bit + quad core + 4gb of ram

Dascu said:
Any flaws with emulation? Hardware specs?
Only flaw is that the music cuts off after a minute or so. Graphics are fine.

I'm on an i7 920, but this game ran flawlessly back when I had an X2 4800.

Top Bottom