• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U: Full eShop Trial Nov1-Jan31 (perm. activation with $20 Fit Meter purchase)

AndrewPL

I wonder if you sinc the wii fit meter to more than 1 Wii U if it will unlock the game for both consoles.

I am looking forward to this even though I didn't really get my moneys worth with the Wii version.

D-e-f-

Banned
How much did you pay? I bought a black third-party board for 25€ and am now thinking about getting Wii Fit Plus for about 5-10€.

46 EUR (includes 5€ shipping) with box and valid club nintendo code. bought this year and supposedly only used two or three times.

oti

Banned
46 EUR (includes 5€ shipping) with box and valid club nintendo code. bought this year and supposedly only used two or three times.

Thanks. After you tried out the game, please post your impressions. I'm still thinking about getting it before Wii Fit U hits. It's dirty cheap and I have nothing else to do with the board.

D-e-f-

Banned
Thanks. After you tried out the game, please post your impressions. I'm still thinking about getting it before Wii Fit U hits. It's dirty cheap and I have nothing else to do with the board.

You could walk around in Wii Street U ... :p

Or play Punch Out!! Wii with it. I'll definitely try that. So curious how that'll work.

I really disliked the running activity in Wii Fit. It's great as a warm-up, but it's kinda silly, isn't it?

No way, it was easily my most used, found every one of those cats. Great way to get a jog in when it's snowing outside. The advanced courses could really get your heart going if you went all out.

Running, hula hoop, snowboard, obstacle course (like real life Mario!), boxing, so many good ones on Wii Fit plus.

skullflame

Neo Member
Free game with Meter purchase is pretty sweet! And from what they said, the Meter has a lot of neat features. Hopefully its accurate enough! Picked up a used Balance Board today for $20 at Gamestop, so overall, $40 for the total package :3

There are two things that'll kill my hype for this...

1. If you can't sync multiple meters to the same console. Of course it would be pretty stupid not to support this for families but they didn't come out and confirm multiple meter support either.

2. If meters can't store more than one day's worth of stats before needing to be sync'd. Iwata talked about seeing 50 days worth of graphs on the console but I don't think they confirmed just exactly how much storage these meters have.

If either of the above are true, my wife and I will be very disappointed. Other than those two possible issues, I'm quite excited. Especially over the pricing...

I think that they said in the Direct the meter stores one-month of activities.

Nah, Wii Fit Plus was $20 (disc only).

The game/meter bundle should be $40, and the game only (after Jan 31) should be $20.

My question would be whether I can buy the FULL bundle (I do not own a balance board), but toss aside the disc and just use the free downloadable version (activate it with the fit meter from the full bundle).

Swapping discs for this type of game (meant to be used a bit each day) will be a pain; would rather just have a launchable app, and keep whatever "real" game I'm currently playing in the disc drive.

Nintendo's website lists the Game + Meter as $49.99 (fixed) and the Game + Meter + Balance Board as $89.99.

D-e-f-

Banned
Welp, bought a Balance Board with Wii Fit Plus from Amazon Marketplace.

See you guys at the GAF Gym!

Wait for someone to turn this into "wiiugaf is so starved for games, they're foaming at the mouth to buy used balance boards for wii fit all of a sudden"

oti

Banned
Wait for someone to turn this into "wiiugaf is so starved for games, they're foaming at the mouth to buy used balance boards for wii fit all of a sudden"

Who cares? Nintendo is doing so many things right with Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club and we're excited to get in shape and help each other living a fitter life. What's more awesome than that? :)

zroid

Banned
Who cares? Nintendo is doing so many things right with Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club and we're excited to get in shape and help each other living a fitter life. What's more awesome than that? :)

Killing hookers in GTA, obviously
:p

You could walk around in Wii Street U ... :p

Or play Punch Out!! Wii with it. I'll definitely try that. So curious how that'll work.

Man, you have no idea what a workout and how they triple the difficulty of Punch out with that setup.

Like I said before, Wii Fit U is like bringing the other half of the equation in terms of fitness with the Fit Meter, a great way to have all data in a single place.

qwerty2k

Wii Fit U feels like a bit of a mish mash for me, if i understand right for some of the games/exercises i require a balance board, some requite the wii u game pad and some require wiimotes?

cacildo

Ill make a stupid question since i really dont know the answer

Is there region locking for stuff like the Balance Board, wiimotes or - and here is what i want to ask - the Fit Meter?

Im already checking which website could send me the fit meter, but i must be sure there wont be any trouble if i get a, i dont know, a EU fit meter

D-e-f-

Banned
Wii Fit U feels like a bit of a mish mash for me, if i understand right for some of the games/exercises i require a balance board, some requite the wii u game pad and some require wiimotes?

Yes, some of the mini-game exercises require a gamepad, some require wiimotes. the wii fit meter is NOT required but obviously you get more out of it if you use that.

Ill make a stupid question since i really dont know the answer

Is there region locking for stuff like the Balance Board, wiimotes or - and here is what i want to ask - the Fit Meter?

Im already checking which website could send me the fit meter, but i must be sure there wont be any trouble if i get a, i dont know, a EU fit meter

The only Nintendo hardware to be region locked are the 3DS (and DSi for the DSi-stuff), all consoles and the Wii U GamePad (the latter probably because it has its own power plug which would cause issues with international differences in voltage standards). All other systems, peripherals that run on batteries or plug into the console itself are not region locked.

Terrell

Ive been trying to figure out how Nintendo was going to justify me spending 60 on another wiifit u....

Genius move. Very good deal.

They didn't do that with Wii Fit Plus, so I was pretty assured this would happen from the get-go. The Fit Meter is essentially a free gift, at this point.

And does anyone else really dislike the new look of the trainer? Ponytail trainer FTW. My only hope is that the male trainer looks better.

D-e-f-

Banned
They didn't do that with Wii Fit Plus, so I was pretty assured this would happen from the get-go. The Fit Meter is essentially a free gift, at this point.

And does anyone else really dislike the new look of the trainer? Ponytail trainer FTW. My only hope is that the male trainer looks better.

well...? :)
2548089-q5mu9oz.jpg

Awaiting your judgment.

Regiruler

Doesn't it have the exact same design as the pokewalker, down to the button size?

The pokewalker skins should fit it right?

oti

Banned
So after Xbox Fitness got announced, do you feel like Nintendo should've gone down the same route? Transforming Wii Fit into a Service instead of a game would have it's advantages and disadvantages. As a service, more activities could be implemented post release, but surely not for free. (Although in the future Nintendo could also introduce a similar Wii Fit U Pass or the Wii Fit U Gym with a subscription. As it stands now, Wii Fit U is pretty much a traditional game though.)

I personally enjoy the more low-key presentation of Wii Fit, although I stopped using the original game after a while and bought the more challenging but not as polished EA Sports Active 2. I won't buy an Xbox One at launch (I don't even know if Xbox Fitness is going to be available outside the US) and I'll get the Wii Fit Meter and the game for free. How do you feel about this?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I prefer Wii Fit because I get bored quite fast of the "traditional" work-out session. That's why I didn't enjoy a bit Your Shape Fitness. I prefer more this "gamey" approach.

Plus, there is quite a big difference in price.

Exile20

Wii fit is great especially with the meter but ms doing what ms does and just threw money at people and they got fitness celebrities and this will appeal to a lot of people. Good move by ms.

Functionality wise Wii fit does more. Popularity wise they have Tony Horton. Nintendo needs to get on opera or Ellen, even Wendy Williams, ugh, and advertise this. It will be out before the Xbox one.

Oh yeah UK GAF. game.co.uk sometimes have pre-owned Wii Fit for £7.99. Don't expect it boxed and the board might be a bit dirty. My one came with a bonus...batteries (2xzinc junk, 2xdecent rechargeable).

So the meter only SKU, what happens after Jan 2014. Do they still make it (as you can presumably get the eShop version) and if not what happens to unsold stock?

Anyone know UK or Euro Wii Fit Meter price yet? Safe to assume £19.99?
$=Euro=£1.1 so that would make £17.99.

Exile20

Oh yeah UK GAF. game.co.uk sometimes have pre-owned Wii Fit for £7.99. Don't expect it boxed and the board might be a bit dirty. My one came with a bonus...batteries (2xzinc junk, 2xdecent rechargeable).

So the meter only SKU, what happens after Jan 2014. Do they still make it (as you can presumably get the eShop version) and if not what happens to unsold stock?

$=Euro=£1.1 so that would make £17.99.

Well I really hope you can use more than one at a time. Would be great for my wife and I.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I prefer wiifit to ohter similar software because of the (imho) gret minigames of the Plus version. hopefully the new ones will be as fun as those

zigg

And does anyone else really dislike the new look of the trainer?
Yeah, she looks pretty awful, though I don't think it's her hairstyle—I think it has more to do with her new skin and face.

The Smash model for the trainer, OTOH, looks great. Why couldn't they use that?

D-e-f-

Banned
Yeah, she looks pretty awful, though I don't think it's her hairstyle—I think it has more to do with her new skin and face.

The Smash model for the trainer, OTOH, looks great. Why couldn't they use that?

Smash Fit Trainer has the whole killer robot vibe going. They probably don't want you to piss your pants while working out in fear of getting your throat cut :D

kitsuneyo

Anyone know where we can preorder the meter by itself in the UK?

Why the hurry? It'll be on amazon, etc before you know it.

I asked Amazon UK about pre-ordering one on their little chat facility earlier, and they have no information about it.

No UK retailers have listed it so far, even though the release date is only a month away, but they do have listings for the meter + software, and the meter + software + balance board.

Amazon.com has a listing for just the meter - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FF9MLQW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'll be gutted if we don't get this.

D-e-f-

Banned
I asked Amazon UK about pre-ordering one on their little chat facility earlier, and they have no information about it.

No UK retailers have listed it so far, even though the release date is only a month away, but they do have listings for the meter + software, and the meter + software + balance board.

Amazon.com has a listing for just the meter - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FF9MLQW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'll be gutted if we don't get this.

We have to get this. Because that's what they told us we'd get. Buy the Fit Meter by itself to unlock the game.

kitsuneyo

We have to get this. Because that's what they told us we'd get. Buy the Fit Meter by itself to unlock the game.

I know. But what if retailers don't feel like selling it. Seems like that's the position Nintendo's in lately. Tesco isn't even selling Wind Waker, which is a damn shame because they would probably set a good price.

Boogybro

I just ordered a wii fit board with game for £23 D:

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I dusted off my old balance board and had a go at Wii Fit Plus for the first time in ages. Was shocked to complete Table Tilt for the first time ever lol.

Top Bottom