• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U Meter $10 @ Amazon (converts demo Wii Fit U into full version)

donny2112

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FF9MLQW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you downloaded the free demo for Wii Fit U during the available period late last year through January 31, 2014 and haven't already converted to the full version, buying this for $10 gets you the full version of Wii Fit U. (Already have to have the Wii Balance Board, too, of course.)

Edit:
The $10 version is backordered at Amazon now, but you can still order it from the list of other sellers on the side. It'll just take longer to arrive.

Robin64

Good stuff! The Fit Meter is really cool and there are a couple of fun things in Wii Fit U that use data from it, aside from just telling how many calories you burnt.

leroidys

Grabbed one. Thanks for the heads up.

I was just looking to pick one up literally yesterday after I realized that it's $30 to buy just the game on the e-shop.

I thought the conversion ended this last January? Still was thinking about grabbing another one of these for me (wife got one to upgrade our wii fit for christmas).

(edit) Yep is next January, very nice for anyone that hasn't jumped on it yet.

I thought the conversion ended this last January? Still was thinking about grabbing another one of these for me (wife got one to upgrade our wii fit for christmas).

Where did you see this?

Also the Green one is currently only £5 at Game just grabbed a spare in case I lose or break my current one.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/wii-fit-u-meter-265785

Y0E2nXu.png

Wait, wasn't the trial for 30 days when you started it up and then you had to sync your fit meter up? Can you even start the software after the trial ended to sync the meter?

Also think the balance board being required is unnecessary. When I started up the software I couldn't do anything until I synced up a balance board (have one). I saw a lot of people pre-release hoping to just use the Fit Meter with the software.

Wait, wasn't the trial for 30 days when you started it up and then you had to sync your fit meter up? Can you even start the software after the trial ended to sync the meter?

Also think the balance board being required is unnecessary. When I started up the software I couldn't do anything until I synced up a balance board (have one). I saw a lot of people pre-release hoping to just use the Fit Meter with the software.

Well being fair without the balance board WiiFit and a Fit Meter is just a step counting/tracking program, which isn't what they wanted it to be.

leroidys

I'm not positive, but it looks to me like you can still register it so long as you have the Wii Fit U trial version downloaded.

From nintendo:

1-Download the game on Nintendo eShop on your Wii U between Nov. 1, 2013–Jan. 31, 2014** and enjoy the game for a full month.1

2-Purchase a Fit Meter ($19.99 MSRP*).

3-Sync the Fit Meter with your free version of Wii Fit U at any time.

4-Keep using Wii Fit U forever, at no additional charge.

I also just booted the demo, and was able to get to a screen that prompted me to sync the meter with the upad via IR.

It's all very confusing... I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes in about 5 days. I'm going to be bummed if it doesn't work.

I'm not positive, but it looks to me like you can still register it so long as you have the Wii Fit U trial version downloaded.

From nintendo:

I also just booted the demo, and was able to get to a screen that prompted me to sync the meter with the upad via IR.

It's all very confusing... I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes in about 5 days. I'm going to be bummed if it doesn't work.

Ah yeah, if you already had downloaded the demo, if not then you are kinda out of luck and would have to buy Wii Fit itself. :(

Great deal. Grabbed two of these at this price at Fry's back in January, and have worn it every day since. Gets a lot of questions in public.

Public: "Is that a Tamagotchi on your pocket?"
Me: "Why yes, yes it is." *continues walking/burning cals*

I don't know about if you don't already have the demo, but mine had expired a month back when I was finally able to get my Fit Meter, and it went right up and it went perfectly.

Meier

How easy is it to have two of these for one game, btw? Is that possible? Like if my wife and I both wanted to track our progress.

Can I use the Fit Meter without a balance board? How does it sync with the software if so? I've been using Personal Trainer: Walking every day since it released 5(ish) years ago and could use an upgrade.

Can I use the Fit Meter without a balance board? How does it sync with the software if so? I've been using Personal Trainer: Walking every day since it released 5(ish) years ago and could use an upgrade.

It can't track your weight or play any of the games without the board. I think you can still sync the meter either way.

JoseJX

How easy is it to have two of these for one game, btw? Is that possible? Like if my wife and I both wanted to track our progress.

It's really easy. My fiance and I both have one, no problems! It's a fun little thing, we've gotten competitive about the number of steps taken each day.

cacildo

How is Wii Fit at tracking your weight? toying between it and some Withing Scales

Well, i use it every single day. Dont have any other scale to match results, but the day-to-day track seems pretty spot on, since there are no unexplainable spikes or lows or anything strange.

Does anyone know where you can get a new balance board on the cheap?

$15 at GameStop for a used one. Just clean it with some disinfectant and a towel, and it should be good. Have to find one in stores, though.

I bought one used from Gamestop a year ago for $30, it was fine. I wiped it off with disinfectant but put a silicon skin for it (would of done anyway) so there's no issue.

If you can spend more I've see the bundle with a physical copy of the game, Fit Meter and Balance Board go on sale twice to $65 at Best Buy and Amazon. Newegg had it for $55 during there game sale this weekend but like other stuff it sold out quickly.

Wish I hadn't pulled the trigger last year. Oh well, no problems.

How is Wii Fit at tracking your weight? toying between it and some Withing Scales

Seems great, it also goes ahead and calculates BMI for whatever that's worth. A kind of neat (or horrible feature) is you can take a picture of your face (there's an outline) everyday when weighing to see the effect of any weight loss.

Nice! I started using the wii fit U late last week and I want my wife to use it too. I will buy one of these.

(I have only lost 3 pounds but I think I can do better :D)

Eolz

Sorry for the necro bump, but today I downloaded the wii fit u demo information again to see I could still download the free demo (31 days).
I downloaded it back then, but didn't use and deleted it because I didn't have a Balance board.

Does anyone knows if the upgrade still works? I saw a good deal for a new balance board (didn't want one used) and the fit meter is cheap...

donny2112

Does anyone knows if the upgrade still works? I saw a good deal for a new balance board (didn't want one used) and the fit meter is cheap...

Haven't seen anything to the contrary, so yeah, syncing the Wii Fit Meter to the Wii Fit U demo should make it the full version without time limit.

Eolz

Just tried, can't download the demo anymore, so it can't work.
Maybe it will for someone that still has it on his dashboard but didn't use it though.
Too bad, but at least the bundles are really cheaper now that they were months ago (or when it sold a lot on wii, obviously).

donny2112

Just tried, can't download the demo anymore, so it can't work.

Does it show up in your download history on the Wii U eShop? Maybe they took it down completely from the eShop, but other stuff that's been removed from the eShop could still be downloaded from your history. Free demos may be different, though.

BoltzmannBrain

Neo Member
This worked for me in the UK. Got a new Wii u, recovered my old NNID (thanks to Nintendo customer service), downloaded the trial from my download history, and synced a fit Meter for the full game!

Eolz

Yeah, guess I didn't download the demo like I remembered and just the information "application" :/

Top Bottom