• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

joedick

You can buy knockoff Wiimotes (with Plus built in) for pretty cheap. I'm sure they're not as good as the first party options, but I imagine they'll get the job done for Wii Fit.

dock

I had zero interest in Wii Party U, but I've just placed an order because of the need for Wiimote pluses.

I have one motionplus adapter, but I don't think I have two.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Downloading now.
My Wii Fit Meter came today too so I'm fully prepared.

Exile20

Fit meter

Amazon.com:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #58 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Wii U > Accessories > Cables & Adapters > Adapters

Toys R US:
Backordered

Not bad, I hope Nintendo really advertises this.

Solution for those who don't have enough Wiimote Pluses:

ml-controllers.jpg

how about this.

You can buy knockoff Wiimotes (with Plus built in) for pretty cheap. I'm sure they're not as good as the first party options, but I imagine they'll get the job done for Wii Fit.

Why would you buy those if you cant cheap first parrty wiimotes with games like span smasher, zelda skyward sword, wiiplay motion and wii party u.

Two wii remote pluses are needed for some of the activities? Yikes, I don't have any! I think I only have a single Wii Motion Plus addon thingy. :|

So in order to play Wii Fit U you need the following:

Wii U console,
2x Wii remote plus (not the original wii remote),
1x Nunchuk,
1x Fit Meter,
1x Wii Balance Board.

Pretty expensive buy-in proposition!
Yeah but due to backwards comoability i onoy need the fitmeter

The Mario and Luigi remotes are nice, and they'll be collectable I guess, but they also cost more than buying a copy of Wii Party U with the remote right now. So going with that option instead. I have my shiny gold Zelda one anyway heh.

If your looking for cheapest copy, Amazon has it at £34.99 right now.

joedick

Fit meter

Amazon.com:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #58 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Wii U > Accessories > Cables & Adapters > Adapters

Forget accessories, it's actually the #1 Wii U product out of anything.

Why would you buy those if you cant cheap first parrty wiimotes with games like span smasher, zelda skyward sword, wiiplay motion and wii party u.

Well, the original context was about keeping the barrier to entry as low as possible, so in that sense a $20 fake Wiimote is better than $50 for Wii Party U.

Hoodbury

Does anyone know can you just buy the Wii Fit meter thing and use that part of the game without owning the balance board? Or will the game not let you get up and running without the balance board?

Robin64

Does anyone know can you just buy the Wii Fit meter thing and use that part of the game without owning the balance board? Or will the game not let you get up and running without the balance board?

You need a balance board to even begin. Your weight is a base calculation for everything this game does.

Kouriozan

Can you tell us how many of them were kept in this version?
I think there is everything from Wii Fit Plus, they added an "ultimate" difficulty for some, I'll try to unlock everything.

Kinda weird seeing a menu labelled "NeoGAF" in your game. (Also it made my Mii fat, what the hell!)

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01grafp.jpg
Haha, my brother is in the exact same situation :p

Just tried the first dancing game, it's incredible, I like it a lot!

Robin64

By the way, the Fit Meter works for dogs. The ingame explanation mentions how METs are calculated differently for dogs and shows a doggy face instead of a Mii on the Fit Meter.

Somnid

I have great faith in the ability of video game website guys to evaluate a fitness product.

There's no way a normal timeline could evaluate this game since it's all about stick-to-it-ness so whatever we get will probably not be very good.

By the way, the Fit Meter works for dogs. The ingame explanation mentions how METs are calculated differently for dogs and shows a doggy face instead of a Mii on the Fit Meter.

Incredible.

New002

Does anyone know if any brick and mortar stores will be stocking the meters today? I'm going to call around after I get off work but figured I'd ask just in case someone has already checked around. Thanks!

Top Bottom