• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

xuSmeQTl.jpg

Wii Fit Dew.

prag16

Banned
Oh well. Guess I'll start the download before work in the morning assuming it's even up by then.

It'd be nice if there was some consistency to their release timings. As it stands they just give trolls another reason to deride them for being incompetent with regard to online.

sakipon

Oh well. Guess I'll start the download before work in the morning assuming it's even up by then.

It'd be nice if there was some consistency to their release timings. As it stands they just give trolls another reason to deride them for being incompetent with regard to online.

Yes, I was saying this when the Karaoke U app wasn't there in the morning of the release day and I kept reloading the eShop. They should definitely let us know the time when the releases will be up.

The Australian WiiU eShop says the game is released on the 1/11/2013. It's the 1st here right now 1:45pm and the title is still not available for download. Retailers say the WiiU Pedometer goes on sale on the 2nd. It's very confusing.

I can imagine a line of diet foods with Wii Fit trainers on the packaging.
The eShop doesn't adjust for local time, it seems. Also note the store 'news' update for today was marked as the 31st of October.

Local dates would be nice, Nintendo. :)

e-shop is updated and I can see Wii Fit U in the home screen, but err, I don't know where to download it from :S
If there's not a big download or purchase button when you go to its page (just by touching that ad in the shop), look again in a few hours. The download button should appear where it currently says its release date.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Download is up now in Australia

Edit: 4644MB. There's also a warning about save data not transferring to the paid download or retail versions. I assume that means that you keep your data if you add the fit meter but not if you change versions? I hope so, seems like losing your data when you activate it would be pretty bad.

Haha the size is listed differently three times. 4644MB in the store and both 4649MB and 4643MB in the download page, strange.

Edit: 4644MB. There's also a warning about save data not transferring to the paid download or retail versions. I assume that means that you keep your data if you add the fit meter but not if you change versions? I hope so, seems like losing your data when you activate it would be pretty bad.
Thanks! :)

It took me about 5 hours to download 1.3 GBs from the eShop two weeks ago, from memory. Let's see about 4.65 GB.

dock

edit: wow, my Wii U was having some weird network

Looks like Wii Fit U isn't available in UK yet! :( (as of 07:10)

L~A

Check battery compartment for corrosion caused by leaking batteries. Happens when board goes unused and batts are left in there for years.

Guess there'll be a Miiverse update tonight to support those private communities?

Nah, since the communities can only be accessed in-game apparently, Nintendo probably has probably updated Miiverse already.

Is the game available to download for anyone yet? I expected it to be up at midnight here in Europe.

Nah, there was little chance this would be a midnight download.

Kinda surprised it's not up yet. All Nintendo 1st party games were up at Midnight. Perhaps since this is more of an app then a game, that and a trial at that, it won't be up till later tomorrow? Was hoping to start downloading tonight.

Nah, Wii Karaoke U wasn't available until 10AM GMT+2. Midnight downloads are only for major, important games (like Zelda).

Haha the size is listed differently three times. 4644MB in the store and both 4649MB and 4643MB in the download page, strange.

It was already explained in a previous post, and in the OP too I believe, but that message means :

1) you'll KEEP your save if you activate the Trial version with the Fit Meter
2) you'll lose it if you buy the retail version or the paid DL version (which won't be available before Feb. 1st), since they're technically different games compared to the Trial version.

BooJoh

1) you'll KEEP your save if you activate the Trial version with the Fit Meter
2) you'll lose it if you buy the retail version or the paid DL version (which won't be available before Feb. 1st), since they're technically different games compared to the Trial version.

I hope this doesn't affect our ability to redownload if we need to later if we went the Fit Meter upgrade route.

BooJoh

why would it. activating it turns it into the full version. which will be on the eshop "forever."

But the version that will be available to buy on the eShop apparently can't use the save from the version you get by activating the trial, which suggests they're actually different versions.

Layth

I'm not surprised that it isn't up. Mainly cause I was expecting Luigi U to be up at midnight but I distinctly remember it not being up.

L~A

I hope this doesn't affect our ability to redownload if we need to later if we went the Fit Meter upgrade route.

Nah, it won't. Nintendo isn't stupid enough to prevent users who upgraded from redownloading. People will still be able to redownload the software from the eShop.

D-e-f-

Banned
But the version that will be available to buy on the eShop apparently can't use the save from the version you get by activating the trial, which suggests they're actually different versions.

But that's an entirely different scenario. There, the issue is that the trial has lapsed and the user wants to use data from the expired version on the full paid download which is obviously different because it lacks the trial element. Those two ARE different versions. But when you DO activate your trial to be the full version, you change from one into the other, registering your account to own the full game. So no issue there. Also, it would be a major fuck you move to say you own it but you can never delete it. It makes no sense even in crazy It's-Nintendo-so-everything-goes land.

Chrom

Forgive my ignorance if this has already been answered, but do you really need the Balance Board in order to activate the full game, or is only the Fit Meter required?

dock

Damnit. :( I had to leave for work 5 mins before Wii Fit U became available to download in the UK. This means it will probably take too long to download this evening. I was hoping to play it after work (and before eating dinner :p).

On a more positive note, I received notification that my Fit Meter should be delivered today. :)

NeoRausch

Forgive my ignorance if this has already been answered, but do you really need the Balance Board in order to activate the full game, or is only the Fit Meter required?

to activate the game you only need the fit meter.

but you won't be able to play the game without a balance board.

Tokieda

eShop download times are so unpredictable. I downloaded Wind Waker in 20 minutes. I know Wii Fit is the bigger game, but atm it says 7 hours. :S

L~A

Just the Fit Meter, apparently. If you don't have a Balance Board, you can just wait untl you get one before you launch the software, since you have until January 31st to actually get your trial period activated :)

Downloading now in Sleep mode. 1h27 minutes left, but I won't be able to use it right now anyway.

Top Bottom