• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

oatmeal

Banned
Are they really consistently under $15? That's how much they'll be at Gamestop on Black Friday so I was considering waiting until then. Pawn shops in my area aren't very good also...

Well I bought the fitness meter so that I could get the full game for free since that's a timed promotion. I was going to get the balance board on my own time.

Yah, they're cheap as f***

But wash them off. Deep cleanse.

kitsuneyo

But I need advice! Are there any differences in the models I should look for? I want to make sure I pick the best board of the bunch but I'm not sure what to look for other than exterior wear or obvious damage.

Check battery compartment for corrosion caused by leaking batteries. Happens when board goes unused and batts are left in there for years.

Guess there'll be a Miiverse update tonight to support those private communities?

SmokeMaxX

Well in any case you still have until January 31st to get a Balance Board.
Haha my memory is so bad I just wanted to get the meter in and then activate the full product immediately. But thanks for the info. Never would've known about the balance board thing.
Yah, they're cheap as f***

But wash them off. Deep cleanse.
Lol I buy a lot of used electronics and so I know how amazingly disgusting they can be. Will thoroughly cleanse.

Just picked out my balance board for only $10(normally 15, but they had a bunch).

Luckly, one of them had a rubber cover, so it wasnt dirty underneath.

Ive never tried wii fit, and these games look like fun. The concept is really cool.

dock

Time for bed! I guess I'm stuck playing regular Wii Fit Plus tomorrow morning as usual. D:

Ah well. Hope it shows up soon, so I can at least set it downloading in the morning.

Worth saying Nintendo are not always prompt with getting Friday releases up - they were hours late with getting Wonderful 101 up. So it might not be on the dot, gonna keep an eye out though

xuSmeQTl.jpg

D-e-f-

Banned
Sorry if this has been answered, but has anyone who has multiple fit meters confirmed or denied if you can hook up more than one per system? I want one for myself, but if I can get another for someone else that'd be pretty cool.

99.999% certain you can use more than one Fit Meter.

Make this 100%. The back of the box of the Fit Meter even says that it's one Fit Meter holds data for one person. Since Wii Fit has always been open for multiple users, this is an obvious step.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Is the game available to download for anyone yet? I expected it to be up at midnight here in Europe.

Is the game available to download for anyone yet? I expected it to be up at midnight here in Europe.

Nope not yet, like I said earlier - sometimes Nintendo are late uploading new games. Wonderful 101 I don't think got uploaded till some time like 4am on the EU eShop. I'm almost certain it'll be up by tomorrow morning though.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Nope not yet, like I said earlier - sometimes Nintendo are late uploading new games. Wonderful 101 I don't think got uploaded till some time like 4am on the EU eShop. I'm almost certain it'll be up by tomorrow morning though.

Thanks - *refreshes furiously*
My net connection is kinda slow at the moment, so I'd prefer it to download while I'm asleep :p

Where are people finding Fit Meters in the wild? 3 Gamestops just laughed at me and had no idea what I was talking about.

In UK: the only people stocking for release today were Nintendo themselves and Amazon. Can't speak for the other areas, but stores don't seem to be quite as keen on selling the Fit Meter as they were the original Wii Fit. Maybe because the margin of profit for them is pretty low till those retail packs show up

NewGame

Banned
Has anyone in Australia been able to download the trial? The option to download isn't appearing in my eShop.

Wiki says Australia doesn't get it until November 2nd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Fit_U

The Australian WiiU eShop says the game is released on the 1/11/2013. It's the 1st here right now 1:45pm and the title is still not available for download. Retailers say the WiiU Pedometer goes on sale on the 2nd. It's very confusing.

I can imagine a line of diet foods with Wii Fit trainers on the packaging.

CDX

Hope this will be up on the US eShop in about a half an hour, at midnight, so I can get it downloaded tonight while I sleep.

axisofweevils

Maybe the Swapnote cancellation has delayed the release?

BooJoh

I'm thinking maybe because it's listed as a "Trial Version" and not as a full digital retail title, it won't hit the eShop until noon. Oh well, my Fit Meter didn't arrive today because UPS passed it on to USPS and I'm in a rural area.

I must say... checking the eShop every 5 minutes is a lot more fun with the new roulette wheel on the loading screen. :p

I'm thinking maybe because it's listed as a "Trial Version" and not as a full digital retail title, it won't hit the eShop until noon. Oh well, my Fit Meter didn't arrive today because UPS passed it on to USPS and I'm in a rural area.

I must say... checking the eShop every 5 minutes is a lot more fun with the new roulette wheel on the loading screen. :p

What happens when you match the pieces?

GulAtiCa

Kinda surprised it's not up yet. All Nintendo 1st party games were up at Midnight. Perhaps since this is more of an app then a game, that and a trial at that, it won't be up till later tomorrow? Was hoping to start downloading tonight.

Top Bottom