• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

RaidenZR

For those with prior experience getting digital day-of-release stuff from Nintendo, can anyone say if this is going to be available at midnight? And if it's likely, would it be PST?

Lexxism

It should be available by midnight ET. That's the time for 1st part game release.

The Fit Meters are supposed to be available here in NZ on Saturday but literately NO ONE knows what I'm talking about when I ask in stores. :(

Really frustraiting.

So I'll have to import. Good job as usual Nintendo AU. *rolleyes*

They are still thinking on how much they will charge(rip-off) you guys.

Sendou

For those with prior experience getting digital day-of-release stuff from Nintendo, can anyone say if this is going to be available at midnight? And if it's likely, would it be PST?

Every other Nintendo game has been up at midnight. I'm thinking this might be special because of how the retail release comes later.

I'm thinking it's 12AM EST, 9PM PST.

L~A

Ok, I dunno if it's been said already, but there's a notice on the Nintendo eShop about the game. It says you can't transfer your save files from the Trial version to the Downloadable or Physical version of the game. Basically, if you want to keep your stats and everything, make sure you activate the full version with the Fit Meter asap.

Robin64

Ok, I dunno if it's been said already, but there's a notice on the Nintendo eShop about the game. It says you can't transfer your save files from the Trial version to the Downloadable or Physical version of the game. Basically, if you want to keep your stats and everything, make sure you activate the full version with the Fit Meter asap.

Adding this to the OP. It's pretty important!

Sendou

I think you can take your time with the Fit Meter activation. It just means that you shouldn't go and buy the full version that comes out in December if you want to keep your saves.

L~A

Now that you mention it, it does specify "paid downloadable version". So yeah, I guess it means the version that will be made availabe on February 1st.

oti

Banned
That is good news, now the question is if the One Fit meter is connected to a Mii or to a NNID. So weird that you can't find information about this.

I hope it's Mii. I'm planning on buying two Fit Meters as Christmas gifts. You do want my money Nintendo, right?

Kuntz

Tomorrow is a holiday in France so I'll get time to exercise, but no delivery means no fit meter...

I'll definitely join the GAF community when it's created.

This + wii sport club is the best way to not be cold at home during the winter that is coming.

Mon corps est prêt !

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Now that you mention it, it does specify "paid downloadable version". So yeah, I guess it means the version that will be made availabe on February 1st.

so, if I download the free trial and then buy the Fit Meter later on (let's say, in December) can I pass the save data?

L~A

So, wait, you're going to lose your trial period progress either way?

Actually, no. You'll keep your save if you activate the trial version with the Fit Meter, but you'll lose it if you decide to buy the downloadable/physical version when it comes out, on February 1st.

That is good news, now the question is if the One Fit meter is connected to a Mii or to a NNID. So weird that you can't find information about this.

Pretty sure it's gonna be a Mii.

Ah. So basically we need to activate the trial version first using the wii fit meter.

Actually, no : read my message agove, I meesed up with my initial post :eek:

so, if I download the free trial and then buy the Fit Meter later on (let's say, in December) can I pass the save data?

Yup! Basically, what the activation does is simply remove the 31 day limit. It doesn't download or change anything, since the trial version IS the full version, but with a 31 days limit. Still, it's a different version from the boxed/paid downloadable version (as in : considered a different game by Nintendo/the Wii U).

8bit

Knows the Score

I'd guess a Mii, there's a Mii face on the meter pictured on the box.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yup! Basically, what the activation does is simply remove the 31 day limit. It doesn't download or change anything, since the trial version IS the full version, but with a 31 days limit. Still, it's a different version from the boxed/paid downloadable version (as in : considered a different game by Nintendo/the Wii U).

thanks!
I have another question.
What does happen if I download the Trial tomorrow (November 1) and buy the Fit Meter in the middle of December, so AFTER the 31 days trial has expired?

jts

...hate me...
Fit Meter shipped etc. Comes along with my larger Gamepad battery.

I have no idea how much I will care for the software itself (I lift and do other stuff, I find Wii Fit not to be very time efficient :( ). But I'll wear the shit out of the Fit Meter.

D-e-f-

Banned
Got mine today!
wfmrkrsv.jpg

I received my fit meter, but it looks as if it needs to pair with the software before it does anything.

YbmlBIr.jpg

Yea, I found that out after opening the box as I walked out the store. I wanted to record my steps immediately on the way to the train station :D

L~A

thanks!
I have another question.
What does happen if I download the Trial tomorrow (November 1) and buy the Fit Meter in the middle of December, so AFTER the 31 days trial has expired?

Nothing. You can activate the software with the Fit Meter at any time before the paid standalone release in February 1st. The trial starts when you first launch the software, but the software itself isn't deleted or anything after the trial is over. I remember someone posting a pic from NoA in this thread about that.

dock

My fit meter shipped from Amazon. I wonder whether it'll arrive at the office tomorrow, because I'll otherwise have to wait until Monday (and miss out on weekend steps sob! XD)

D-e-f-

Banned
Well that makes sense because you probably have to load your mii onto it.

Go away with your logic and reason. I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY STEPS I'VE WALKED! I DON'T CARE THAT I HAD MY 3DS IN MY POCKET WHO WAS ALREADY COUNTING MY STEPS FOR HOURS. I WANT IT ON MAH NU SHINY THING! :p

Exile20

Go away with your logic and reason. I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY STEPS I'VE WALKED! I DON'T CARE THAT I HAD MY 3DS IN MY POCKET WHO WAS ALREADY COUNTING MY STEPS FOR HOURS. I WANT IT ON MAH NU SHINY THING! :p

lol

What are the retail stores selling the fit meter in the USA? On Nintendo's website I see TRU and Gamestop and it looks like that is online only.

Chairhome

lol

What are the retail stores selling the fit meter in the USA? On Nintendo's website I see TRU and Gamestop and it looks like that is online only.

I hope that there's some retailer that has this tomorrow morning, I cancelled my amazon pre-order cause I figured I'd be able to walk into a store and pick one up earlier than they would have it delivered to me. :-(

RaidenZR

There is a promotional video for the free Wii Fit U trial on the eShop that was just added today. It's a decent video aimed towards the casual gaming family/mom-ruling household types. They should have that video on loop at Wal-marts, Targets, and Best Buys for the next two months.

Edit: They should also try to sell those pedometers in places like sports equipment stores, athletic outlets, and all outdoor gear-associated places. They dont take up much retail space. If they want to make that 9 million console number Iwata just reiterated, they should start thinking with their blue-ocean dick again.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Nothing. You can activate the software with the Fit Meter at any time before the paid standalone release in February 1st. The trial starts when you first launch the software, but the software itself isn't deleted or anything after the trial is over. I remember someone posting a pic from NoA in this thread about that.
Great thank you

Storm360

Some questions, commuting so sorry if already answered

Does one fit meter activate it for all users on my Wii U system?

If not, can multiple users buy their own and activate it multiple times?

Can I redownload it if I delete it?

Does the activation count as a full download for the premium promotion?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if this has been answered, but has anyone who has multiple fit meters confirmed or denied if you can hook up more than one per system? I want one for myself, but if I can get another for someone else that'd be pretty cool.

RaidenZR

Hey Firehawk, I found this Japanese video that has a few official commercials and an extended trailer made by Nintendo. It shows a bunch of the activities in the game and how you control them. Looks like a decent amount use some combination of the Wii remote and nunchuk.

Don't know if anyone wants to add it to the OP but here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJPWRCCZn3E

kitsuneyo

Sorry if this has been answered, but has anyone who has multiple fit meters confirmed or denied if you can hook up more than one per system? I want one for myself, but if I can get another for someone else that'd be pretty cool.

99.999% certain you can use more than one Fit Meter.

So can I get the trial without a balance board? And are balance boards still sold somewhere?

EDIT: This is pretty confusing. So I guess Nintendo doesn't sell the balance board separately. But I want a digital copy of the game, not a disc. So I'm screwed?

Nobody will really be able to confirm till Midnight in Europe I would guess. The Fit Meter can't even talk to the Gamepad just yet. But I believe the Direct suggested you can have multiple players. The original Wii Fit was very keen on including others so I'ld be surprised if it didn't do that

Got 2 fit meters today, Nintendo sent them extra early. But yeah, they pretty much can't do anything on their own, all that comes up is an animation of the meter asking you to pair it up with the gamepad atm.

Can confirrm they take a lithium CR2032 battery, same deal as the Pokewalker right?

RaidenZR

So can I get the trial without a balance board? And are balance boards still sold somewhere?

EDIT: This is pretty confusing. So I guess Nintendo doesn't sell the balance board separately. But I want a digital copy of the game, not a disc. So I'm screwed?

There's used balance boards for sale at most used-game stores. I'm in the US and all the gamestops within 20 miles of me had numerous. They are sub $20, too. Got one last week.

The video link I posted above shows depictions of an entire family with their own fit meter on one screen, so it's very likely, if not a certainty that yes you can have more than one pairing.

Places like EB Games or Gamestop will sell their own brand/third party balance boards, and quite a lot of places sell on second hand balance boards without Wii Fit too. But otherwise no, theres no way to get a shiny totally new Nintendo Balance board without a copy of Wii Fit too.

Rootbeer

Banned
Okay guys, I'm on the bandwagon.

Got my Wii Fit U meter ordered (late on this, so won't get it till the 5th), and I'm going to gamestop to get a Wii Fit balance board.

I called my gamestop, they have 8 used ones. I can take my pick.

But I need advice! Are there any differences in the models I should look for? I want to make sure I pick the best board of the bunch but I'm not sure what to look for other than exterior wear or obvious damage. Are some models numbers newer? Are the boards included in Wii Fit Plus any better/different from the ones included with the original Wii Fit?

a $20 used board is a way better deal than a $99 new board with Wii Fit Plus which I'm sure I won't use at this point.

L~A

Some questions, commuting so sorry if already answered

Does one fit meter activate it for all users on my Wii U system?

If not, can multiple users buy their own and activate it multiple times?

Can I redownload it if I delete it?

Does the activation count as a full download for the premium promotion?

1) all users, I believe. All purchases on the eShop activates for all users, there's no reason Wii Fit U will be different.

2) see n°1

3) yup, no reason for Nintendo to prevent you from redownloading the software. Activating the trial version is the same as buying the full version.

4) nope. The Premium program only works when you buy stuff on the eShop (directly, or through DL codes).

I seriously doubt you can only use 1 Fit Meter per software, since a Fit Meter can only be used by one person.

Stuff uses the Wii Remote? I only have the non plus version, will this be a problem?

I believe so, yes. Someone could check though, as I'm not 100% sure.

You can get the trial version without a balance board, but you won't be able to use it (obviously). You'll need to buy one, either new or used, doesn't matter.

maxcriden

I'm so hyped for this...but I've been immensely sick since last Friday...really hoping to feel better by tomorrow so I can enjoy this as soon as possible. Especially with Wii Sports Club coming out next week!

Just called a pawn America store near me. The guy said they have a stack of like 15 balance boards, and is willing to sell one for $10. So I recommend you guys check out pawn shops near you, if you need to pick one up.

SmokeMaxX

Still got it!

Go to Pawn Shop. Collect Balance Board for peanuts.
Are they really consistently under $15? That's how much they'll be at Gamestop on Black Friday so I was considering waiting until then. Pawn shops in my area aren't very good also...
I'm not sure what you would do with Wii Fit without owning one.
Well I bought the fitness meter so that I could get the full game for free since that's a timed promotion. I was going to get the balance board on my own time.

Top Bottom