• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

NeoRausch

awww maaan! the download dropped halfway. only 20 min. to go and it's 5 hrs. servers are getting hammered.

anyway to stop and resume the download? I only see a "delete"-button.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Download finished. It asked me if I wanted to transfer data over from Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus which is pretty interesting. I didn't have any to transfer so I couldn't test it though.

Darn, 6am here in Eastern US, no download yet. But I can add it to my "wish list" :) 'Course, back in the Wii days, the shop didn't update until noon (9am Pacific).

This game was one of the reasons I bought my Wii U, I was sooo disappointed when it got delayed for so long (along with the other two games I bought the system for, Pikmin and Rayman). Finally, a year later, my Wii U is where I had expected it to be shortly after launch! And Nintendo wonders why the system hasn't been selling well...

Download finished. It asked me if I wanted to transfer data over from Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus which is pretty interesting. I didn't have any to transfer so I couldn't test it though.
While I'm on 54% done, 5h14 minutes left, and started around the same time. Oh well, I won't start using it tonight so it can take 12 more hours if it wants.

kitsuneyo

Downloading, and it's going pretty fast. Just waiting for my Fit Meter from Amazon Prime. Got save data from Wii Fit Plus on my system's Wii mode, so glad that transfers over.

awww maaan! the download dropped halfway. only 20 min. to go and it's 5 hrs. servers are getting hammered.

Dropped on me too. I just clicked away the error message and it resumed

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Screenshots won't work until after all the intro stuff for some reason. Can't really play right now but wanted to share something.
OydxHHK.jpg

Edit: One more of the catagories.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

If you go back to the downloads overview there is a setting button and there you can activate/deactivate all the downloads. Practically pause/resume. Doing that works when the download speed becomes really crap.

Mine started very fast, in 7 minutes it was at 20%, then it dropped a lot and now towards the end is again fast.

NeoRausch

If you go back to the downloads overview there is a setting button and there you can activate/deactivate all the downloads. Practically pause/resume. Doing that works when the download speed becomes really crap.

Mine started very fast, in 7 minutes it was at 20%, then it dropped a lot and now towards the end is again fast.
THANKS! that was exactly what I was looking for!

edit:
whoosh, worked like a charm! back to 40min and going strong!

Lexxism

Err, still not yet up for NA. I guess I'll just download this later when I get home and hopefully I can find any wii fit meter in the wild.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
edit:
whoosh, worked like a charm! back to 40min and going strong!

Sometimes it takes 4-5 tries, but when you hit the right mirror it goes faster than Sonic. I had anyhow thing to do this morning, so I was not really watching the download, but if you are in a hurry it's a good fix.

Robin64

Err, still not yet up for NA. I guess I'll just download this later when I get home and hopefully I can find any wii fit meter in the wild.

I would say you're looking at 6 more hours for the US version to go live, given the time it went up here.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
How many items from the previous games are in? What about private communities?

First 2 questions to answer :)

dock

Looking forward to joining the GAF community.

I really, really, hope that this game gets DLC for extra activities. The wait between Wii Fit Plus and this game was far too long, and I became very tired of the Wii Fit activities after 200+ hours.

Rhod

Popping/locking and Hip-hop dance are so good at pro level. As is The Luge. Only scratched the surface so far, but loving it.

Sort of weird in dance mode having to hold controller one in your right hand and controller two in your left (intuitively backwards) but I guess it makes sense if controller one is for navigating the menus.

dock

Do all the events use the Gamepad?
Are there still a bunch of activities using the Wiimote and nunchuk?

oti

Banned
Downloading huge games is such a pain. It just stops and starts again after a while. I've already looked up the important ports and opened them. That only happens with the Wii U.

D-e-f-

Banned
It'll be great when consoles start allowing games to be pre-loaded, to avoid this sort of problem.

PS3 let you do that for some games (the reason for some early GTA leaks because someone messed with the downloaded data).

NeoRausch

while the download works better now, can somebody tell me some tricks to make it go faster (opening/forwarding/sending on a particular channel etc.)?

just got a new router (fritzbox 7390) and was wondering.

NewGame

Banned
k did 34 minutes. A little bit of everything. Worked up a slight sweat and then got the newest version of this:

409104-wii-sports-wii-screenshot-wii-reminds-you-often-to-take-a.jpg

oti

Banned
Mine just loads like 10 MB tops and loses the connection. 1 second later internet comes back, 10 MB tops and then it loses it again. That's what Dante was talking about, I'm sure.

kitsuneyo

Rowing Regatta and Puzzle Squash are both pretty fun new ones.

Hulu Island could've used a bit more of a makeover though, it looks the same as on Wii.

Edit - I meant Wuhu of course

Download didn't even take an hour over here. My home wifi is complete shit, but 360/PS3/Steam doesn't come close to eShop dl speeds since the last update.

Heading out to pick up a balance board at a Gamestop now.

Body ready and all...HYPE!

dock

Two wii remote pluses are needed for some of the activities? Yikes, I don't have any! I think I only have a single Wii Motion Plus addon thingy. :|

So in order to play Wii Fit U you need the following:

Wii U console,
2x Wii remote plus (not the original wii remote),
1x Nunchuk,
1x Fit Meter,
1x Wii Balance Board.

Pretty expensive buy-in proposition!

Robin64

Two wii remote pluses are needed for some of the activities? Yikes, I don't have any! I think I only have a single Wii Motion Plus addon thingy. :|

Wii U console,
1x Nunchuk,
1x Fit Meter,
1x Wii Balance Board.

Well technically you only need a Balance Board and a Wiimote. But yeah, to open the complete experience, you need all that. Pretty amazing! Then again, nice of Nintendo to keep all the peripherals the same from the Wii. I suppose a lot of us already have a bunch of this.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

Wii U console,
1x Nunchuk,
1x Fit Meter,
1x Wii Balance Board.

Outside of the Fit Meter I already have all of those. Feels good!

Edit: guessing it won't be up in NA until noon. :/

Top Bottom