• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Mini no longer Canadian exclusive

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Reading that article, it doesn't give the other Wii Canadian sales, but does mention that's basically the months of December and January. Doesn't seem to be flying off the shelves.

Canada Population - 34,482,779
World Population - 6,973,738,433

6,973,738,433 / 34,482,779 = 202.24 Canada's worth of consumers worldwide.

202.24 * 35,700 Wii Mini = 7,219,968

Assuming the remainder of the world has identical buying habits to Canada, Nintendo should definitely release the mini worldwide.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
God damn, so people are eating up this piece of garbage? Makes the Genesis III look like a decent system. >_<

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Btw, I consider the Gamecube library vastly superior to Wii. So I'm not a fan of this device.

Btw, btw, I keep wondering how small you could make an original Gamecube on a smaller chip process. Imagine a cube the size of a grapefruit?!

God damn, so people are eating up this piece of garbage? Makes the Genesis III look like a decent system. >_<
Oh, I like the Hockey Puck.

Plus if this is worth the same as a Genesis III down the road a lot of the posters here will be sorry for not having purchased it.

Oersted

Btw, I consider the Gamecube library vastly superior to Wii. So I'm not a fan of this device.

Btw, btw, I keep wondering how small you could make an original Gamecube on a smaller chip process. Imagine a cube the size of a grapefruit?!

You mean a sort of Ouya?

moka

Terrible idea, the Wii U is already struggling in the UK. Releasing a Wii Mini would create further confusion and probably eat into Wii U's sales...

Exactly, they need to focus on the Wii U. Releasing this to the UK is just going to cause trouble.

Fox Mulder

Oh, I like the Hockey Puck.

Plus if this is worth the same as a Genesis III down the road a lot of the posters here will be sorry for not having purchased it.

The genesis 3 is barely worth $40, you're probably thinking about the CDX.

The nes top loader is generally the more preferred option today because of the reliability, something this barebones wii may have as well 20 years down the line. Who knows though, it's not like the original wii was some over designed mess with a history of issues like the other two consoles.

Top Bottom