• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2015

jariw

I guarantee you guys that Yoshi is coming later in NA to make sure there are plenty of Wooly World Amiibos available for the launch.

I guarantee you that the over-all late release dates of Yoshi (as in late June) is related to the manufacturing of those yarn amiibos, rather than the game itself.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
For us European folk,

Kirby - 8th May
Splatoon - 29th May
Yoshi- 26th June
Mario Maker - September
Fatal Frame - winter?
Starfox - winter?
Xenoblade - winter?
Unannounced new game at e3 - winter?
Maybe Devil's Third? - winter again?

I'd say eight or nine games is pretty good going compared to the usual standard for Nintendo to see us out for the rest of the year.

yes, that's why I suspect that:

1) no unannounced game will hit 2015
2) one of those games (Starfox?) will be delayed.

cacildo

yes, that's why I suspect that:

1) no unannounced game will hit 2015
2) one of those games (Starfox?) will be delayed.

We will keep the "Aostia was right" t shirts ready

tumblr_n0rbf9azle1qh5g7kd8.png

tumblr_n0rbf9azle1qh5wusnp.png

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
We will keep the "Aostia was right" t shirts ready

tumblr_n0rbf9azle1qh5g7kd8.png

tumblr_n0rbf9azle1qh5wusnp.png

That means more than Zelda for 2016? Pretty good for a coffin. :p

eheheh
a lot of people correctly calling me out..or not?
I mean, I'm pretty sure that yesterday's Direct did nothing against my OP/thread fears.

SMT x FE was announced in 13. in my infamous topic I mentioned it as a very possile '16 game (it should be actually 16 in the West)
FF5 is already out in Japan, and I pointed at it as a possible '16 game. Actually, they surpirsed me positioning it for fall '15. That could also be "worst" for Wii U's 2016 schedule.

We'll see if N will actually announce new games for a full 2016 support. If they will not at E3, as THEY said alongside the Zelda delay, not me, I think we could just see the release of already hinted/announced games (such as Zelda, SMTxFE, Pokken and Project Treasure...maybe some delayed software) in 2016.

TheMoon

Yoshi is June in Europe and Fall in NA, hmm I wonder if there will be a trade off that NA gets earlier then Europe

Yea it's called Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and it came out in February. Meanwhile, we're still waiting for one more month over here. (Nevermind Code Name S.T.E.A.M. on 3DS).

I guarantee you that the over-all late release dates of Yoshi (as in late June) is related to the manufacturing of those yarn amiibos, rather than the game itself.

Of course. Since Europe is getting it by June, it will be completely finished for everyone at that time already.

For us European folk,

Kirby - 8th May
Splatoon - 29th May
Yoshi- 26th June
Mario Maker - September
Fatal Frame - winter?
Starfox - winter?
Xenoblade - winter?

I'd say eight or nine games is pretty good going compared to the usual standard for Nintendo to see us out for the rest of the year.

It's ultra-obvious that Project Zero will come in October in both NA and EU.

jariw

Of course. Since Europe is getting it by June, it will be completely finished for everyone at that time already.

What I meant was, the Yoshi game is ready for distribution now. It's the yarn amiibo production that's stopping its release now. Just a few months ago, the NoA press releases said it would be an early 2015 title, and it was prepared for classification in Australia. It's the yarn amiibo production that delayed it to June.

TheMoon

What I meant was, the Yoshi game is ready for distribution now. It's the yarn amiibo production that's stopping its release now. Just a few months ago, the NoA press releases said it would be an early 2015 title, and it was prepared for classification in Australia. It's the yarn amiibo production that delayed it to June.

Oh that bit. Yea makes sense probably.

JonnyKong

That Rodea Sky Soldier game is officially confirmed for September now if anyone is interested in it so I'll update the list.

For us European folk,

Kirby - 8th May
Splatoon - 29th May
Yoshi- 26th June
Mario Maker - September
Rodea - September
Fatal Frame - October (most likely)
Starfox - winter?
Xenoblade - winter?

Scoops

Banned
North American Predictions:

Splatoon - May
Yoshi Wooly World - August
Mario Maker - September
Devil's Third - October
Fatal Frame 5 - October
Xenoblade X - November
Star Fox - November

SMT x FE - March 2016
Zelda U - May 2016
Retro Studios Game - 2016
Next Level Games Game - 2016

WonderzL

Banned

Splatoon - May
Mario Maker - September
Devil's Third - October
Fatal Frame 5 - October
Xenoblade X - November
Star Fox - November

SMT x FE - March 2016
Zelda U - May 2016

I'm pretty sure we will have a remaster announced for this year. It's easy money, etc.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

Splatoon - May
Mario Maker - September
Devil's Third - October
Fatal Frame 5 - October
Xenoblade X - November
Star Fox - November

SMT x FE - March 2016
Zelda U - May 2016

Project Giant Robot will probably be released as either a casual party title or at worst an eshop only title probably sometime between the summer and fall. It reappeared at an investors meeting with an updated logo, and it probably may be the last game attempting to significantly use all the "innovative" features on the GamePad.

I think there's also a chance that Nintendo SPD 3 / Next Level Games have a Nintendo IP title for the Wii U this November as Zelda's replacement.

Devil's Third.. I don't know if I would count on it this Fall.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Part of the problem imo right now is that there isn't really the typical party/family friendly or even mainstream Nintendo game for the holidays with what we know. Zelda was somewhat big enough to fill that gap, but Star Fox, Xeno, Devil's Third, and Fatal Frame all don't hit that audience. Star Fox might be the closest, but I don't think it's big enough. Maybe we'll see an Animal Crossing or something, or perhaps Splatoon will just be promoted alongside promoting Smash & MK8 again.

I know Devil's Third is likely to be M or its equivalent, what was Fatal Frame's rating in JP?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Hey until Pier Solar ships, Wii U will have had more retail releases than Dreamcast this year. Fewer third party retail releases though.

Dreamcast has more than 1 retail game releasing this year? Wii U at least has 2 so far I believe? 4 in JP, and Rodea is a retail 3rd party Wii U title for JP as of today.

TheMoon

Part of the problem imo right now is that there isn't really the typical party/family friendly or even mainstream Nintendo game for the holidays with what we know. Zelda was somewhat big enough to fill that gap, but Star Fox, Xeno, Devil's Third, and Fatal Frame all don't hit that audience. Star Fox might be the closest, but I don't think it's big enough. Maybe we'll see an Animal Crossing or something, or perhaps Splatoon will just be promoted alongside promoting Smash & MK8 again.

I know Devil's Third is likely to be M or its equivalent, what was Fatal Frame's rating in JP?

FF has had its highest series rating yet. CERO Z.

Pachimari

And see, that's how quickly it can turn around. With one single Nintendo Direct, Nintendo have made me excited for Mario Maker (because of online sharing of stages), Fatal Frame V (because it's getting localized and of course I were always in for Splatoon. So it looks like a great year, and if the girlfriend want one of the cute games as well, then Kirby or Yoshi is getting in the basket.

Next year looks exiting too. The Legend of Zelda, Pokken Tournament and Illusory Revelations#FE. And if they as much as announce even more Wii U titles, I have to say, the Wii U will end up as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, Nintendo console I have ever owned.

Only because it have already give me Tekken Bowl (for the first time since Tekken 3), my first Mario Kart on a home console, my first Pikmin, my first Donkey Kong and my first Super Smash Bros. And when I get my GameCube adapter, I will surely put more time into Smash Bros. Especially with the DLC support. And if I decide to get Kirby, Yoshi and Star Fox, then those will be the first ones in each series I will have owned as well.

Although I've really not enjoyed the games in the past, I'm really looking forward to playing Yoshi Wooly World with my niece and nephew. I got them a Wii U for Christmas, and I just love playing 3D World together with them.

TheMoon

Although I've really not enjoyed the games in the past, I'm really looking forward to playing Yoshi Wooly World with my niece and nephew. I got them a Wii U for Christmas, and I just love playing 3D World together with them.

Past games really have no bearing on Woolly World since this one is developed by Good-Feel. The past games were made by Arzest/Artoon (aside from the original SNES and N64 entries, of course).

Past games really have no bearing on Woolly World since this one is developed by Good-Feel. The past games were made by Arzest/Artoon (aside from the original SNES and N64 entries, of course).

C'mon. We're not talking a drastic change in gameplay here; it's still Yoshi laying and throwing eggs in a 2D platformer. I wasn't big on it when Miyamoto did it originally, and wasn't big on the DS and 3DS editions. This one seems much more charming and has that relaxing feel that Epic Yarn did.

TheMoon

C'mon. We're not talking a drastic change in gameplay here; it's still Yoshi laying and throwing eggs in a 2D platformer. I wasn't big on it when Miyamoto did it originally, and wasn't big on the DS and 3DS editions. This one seems much more charming and has that relaxing feel that Epic Yarn did.

Sure, if your issues are with the fundamentals this isn't gonna change your tune.

Sure, if your issues are with the fundamentals this isn't gonna change your tune.

Which brings me back to my original point that despite having problems with the games in the series in the past, I AM looking forward to playing this one with my family because of its charm.

TheMoon

Which brings me back to my original point that despite having problems with the games in the series in the past, I AM looking forward to playing this one with my family because of its charm.

Just curious, which Yoshi games have you played? You mentioned the original YI on SNES, I think?

OP needs a bit of an update. We have release dates for more stuff and it's missing Rodea, Fatal Frame and the Lego games due out this year. Captain Toad and Mario Party are out already.

J@hranimo

Banned
Still holding out for that Kid Icarus Uprising "Remaster". More people need to play that game with less complaints about controls.

TheMoon

OP needs a bit of an update. We have release dates for more stuff and it's missing Rodea, Fatal Frame and the Lego games due out this year. Captain Toad and Mario Party are out already.

Many moons ago (heh) I wanted to help out with the OP, adding indie games even. Since then I noticed that the fact that it's based on images is what makes it incredibly annoying to update. I had Captain Smoker send me the fonts and a template even but it's needlessly complicated.

I would suggest just redoing it and making all the variables text-based so one would just need to update the actual OP without having to go through photoshop every time.

Shauni

Splatoon - May
Mario Maker - September
Devil's Third - October
Fatal Frame 5 - October
Xenoblade X - November
Star Fox - November

Two Wii U games in one month? And twice in a row like that? Seems pretty unlikely to me. That would also leave both June & July with nothing.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

Splatoon - May
Mario Maker - September
Devil's Third - October
Fatal Frame 5 - October
Xenoblade X - November
Star Fox - November

SMT x FE - March 2016
Zelda U - May 2016

Kensuke Tanabe and Next Level Games ostensibly has had a year worth of development over Retro Studios. If there is any surprise Nintendo IP for this Fall replacing Zelda, it be NLG. Punch-Out or some other revival would sit along perfect for the second-half.

But E3 will reveal all. Devil's Third is probably going to be a quiet release, as will Fatal Frame.

Raitaro

Still holding out for that Kid Icarus Uprising "Remaster". More people need to play that game with less complaints about controls.

Me too. I'm still doubting whether I should buy it on 3DS or not. A New 3DS nub enabling patch / re-master would push me over the egde, but a Wii U version would be even better possibly.

TheMoon

Me too. I'm still doubting whether I should buy it on 3DS or not. A New 3DS nub enabling patch / re-master would push me over the egde, but a Wii U version would be even better possibly.

Again, Kid Icarus: Uprising is impossible to play without a stylus (or similar input method). It will never be playable with sticks on any platform.

Gambit

Again, Kid Icarus: Uprising is impossible to play without a stylus (or similar input method). It will never be playable with sticks on any platform.

1) a Wii U version could use a stylus on the gamepad

2) it could work with a Wiimote

But yes, dual analog would just be too slow

maxcriden

Just wanted to second this. Besides, a big part of the charm of KI: U is being able to see the portraits of the characters commentate while you play. They show up on the bottom screen and it's much easier to glance down at the bottom 3DS screen from the top screen than it is to glance down at your GamePad from your TV.

Simbabbad

Just wanted to second this. Besides, a big part of the charm of KI: U is being able to see the portraits of the characters commentate while you play. They show up on the bottom screen and it's much easier to glance down at the bottom 3DS screen from the top screen than it is to glance down at your GamePad from your TV.
On Wii U they could appear somewhere on the TV since there would be so much more display space.
I'd love to play this game, but the control scheme on 3DS just looks painful. The Wiimote pointer or gamepad touch screen could work.

TheMoon

1) a Wii U version could use a stylus on the gamepad

2) it could work with a Wiimote

But yes, dual analog would just be too slow

That's what I meant with the "or similar" bit. :)

On Wii U they could appear somewhere on the TV since there would be so much more display space.
I'd love to play this game, but the control scheme on 3DS just looks painful. The Wiimote pointer or gamepad touch screen could work.

The controls or the control scheme isn't the problem. It's purely an ergonomical issue of the 3DS hardware.

maxcriden

That's a good idea, but ultimately people would complain that it was taking up space from the "real" game (and it could be a bit more distracting), so people would toggle it off and then there would be no point to it. I dunno. I want as many people to be able to enjoy this amazing game as possible, I just have a hard time seeing it coming to Wii U for the reasons detailed above by TheMoon and for those I've mentioned as well.

Simbabbad

The controls or the control scheme isn't the problem. It's purely an ergonomical issue of the 3DS hardware.
I know :) but the control scheme, even if there wasn't really a better option, leads to the ergonomical issues. It's sort of weird to release a game that is physically painful to play. Also, I wouldn't use the 3DS shoulder buttons to fire, I'd be way too afraid to break them.

That's a good idea, but ultimately people would complain that it was taking up space from the "real" game (and it could be a bit more distracting), so people would toggle it off and then there would be no point to it. I dunno. I want as many people to be able to enjoy this amazing game as possible, I just have a hard time seeing it coming to Wii U for the reasons detailed above by TheMoon and for those I've mentioned as well.
The TV has much more available space so the dialogue could appear on areas not used for the gameplay, the playable 3DS space could not fill the entire TV even though it displays more stuff.
I doubt it'd appear on Wii U even though it seems possible, but I know I can't bring myself to buy it on 3DS. It hurts just looking at the way you have to use it.

maxcriden

I know :) but the control scheme, even if there wasn't really a better option, leads to the ergonomical issues. It's sort of weird to release a game that is physically painful to play. Also, I wouldn't use the 3DS shoulder buttons to fire, I'd be way too afraid to break them.

The TV has much more available space so the dialogue could appear on areas not used for the gameplay, the playable 3DS space could not fill the entire TV even though it displays more stuff.
I doubt it'd appear on Wii U even though it seems possible, but I know I can't bring myself to buy it on 3DS. It hurts just looking at the way you have to use it.

No you're right, there's definitely the space for it. I just think people would complain regardless because of the "unnecessary" stuff taking up gameplay screen space.

Hold up, though. You haven't tried the 3DS version? Some of us find it totally playable, especially in relatively shorter gameplay sessions. You might want to see if you can try it out somewhere. It's a masterpiece of a game, and I understand your concerns about the controls but it's well worth playing if you can make it work. The controls might not even bother you at all.

Simbabbad

Hold up, though. You haven't tried the 3DS version?
No. Sometimes I'm thinking about taking it, but then I remember I own tons of stuff I haven't played fully yet even though I'm currently mostly a 3DS/Wii U gamer, so I think: "After I empty my backlog." Also, even if I can deal with the controls, I'm just scared to use the shoulder buttons too much. And there is the hope they eventually port it, it's not entirely impossible.

But yeah, if it becomes obvious they won't port it and I can find it for cheap, I'll take it, just to see. I know it's a very good game and I eventually won't pass on it.

maxcriden

No. Sometimes I'm thinking about taking it, but then I remember I own tons of stuff I haven't played fully yet even though I'm currently mostly a 3DS/Wii U gamer, so I think: "After I empty my backlog." Also, even if I can deal with the controls, I'm just scared to use the shoulder buttons too much. And there is the hope they eventually port it, it's not entirely impossible.

But yeah, if it becomes obvious they won't port it and I can find it for cheap, I'll take it, just to see. I know it's a very good game and I eventually won't pass on it.

Sounds good. I definitely know the feeling in re: having a backlog. Just glad you will be sure to try it one way or another :)

TheMoon

But you do know that you don't press L for every shot, right? You hold down L and Pit shoots continuously. Like in a shoot 'em up. You're not gonna wear out your shoulder buttons. I just popped the game in after like two years of absence and cleared the opening chapter on Intensity 6.0 - like riding a bike.

Top Bottom