• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Price Drops $50 Effective September 20, now $300, Basic phased out

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Goddamn.
Now I feel bad for getting the Basic one.
Maybe I sell the old one and get a Wii U WW Bundle.

no way man. You have like the only white Wii U that will apparently ever be available. Spend money on a USB HDD and Zelda instead!!! (actually serious)

I normally never regret being an early adopter, but if I had the ability to look into the future I definitely would have held off on my purchase until now. I would have missed out on almost nothing at all.

Shauni

9616627252_e7f788fbf9_o.jpg

I mean, $100 off would've been great, but I didn't expect that. $50 off the deluxe is the sweet spot for me, and just in time for Wonderful 101 weee! I'm happy, even though there seems to those who want to drain as much positivity out of this as they can. May still wait for Black Friday, but I'll probably just get it along with Wonderful 101 come September.

Price is still too much. Too expensive to compete with a $199 Ps3 and not technically proficient enough to compete with a 399 ps4. Only people who will buy this are still Nintendo diehards of which the number is continually dwindling. System will still post horrible numbers this holiday.

I normally never regret being an early adopter, but if I had the ability to look into the future I definitely would have held off on my purchase until now. I would have missed out on almost nothing at all.

Honestly? Same for me. I've only gotten 5 games, and they're all games that came out around launch.

tzare

Needs to be $199 or $249.

this, 199€ without game 250€ with a game of your choice. Even if it is Zelda , it is still an HD remake afterall.

Hear that guys? You're not allowed to think the WiiU is expensive at $300. Otherwise you're a hater troll who never wanted one in the first place.

smh
i want it to be as cheap as possible in case MK8 is a good MK game (more like MK7 and less like MK Wii) because that would probably be the only game i would buy for the system.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Still envious of Brits able to pick one up for like 10 quid and half a sandwich, but It's a start.

jaz013

Banned
Where are the N64 ambassador games?

Still not regretting paying the full price for the deluxe version, still regretting paying full for the ps3.

Same here. The .30 games were nice but as a day one buyer I'd rather have the $50 back. Sure, I love the little machine and it's gamepad but even almost a year later it stings. Especially because I rarely buy digitally so that promotion doesn't really affect me and Nintendo Land didn't come with a Club Nintendo code I believe.

apana

Never liked the console in the first place but I suppose this is good. I can't hate on them too much if they are selling it at a loss.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Price is still too much. Too expensive to compete with a $199 Ps3

ok, I'm calling you (and anyone else out) here.... people bitch NONSTOP about Wii U only having 32GB (or 8GB) storage. But now you are comparing pricing on a PS3 model that ONLY has 12GB? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

At least with the Wii U being offered here you can download ANY game (any TWO games actually. maybe even any three) from the eShop no problem. Same can't be said for the 12GB PS3 (where there are countless games you can't even download because of how PS3 installs)

Gamerloid

I get that they don't want to lose anymore money on each sell, but the ideal price is $250. Taking out the Flash Storage and adding a HDD would've helped. Would've had a lot more storage as well. Whatever the case, I hope I get ambassador games!

too little, too late.
You can say the same for the Vita. Whatever the case, I say it's better late than never.

goldenpp72

No. It is $50 and a year later.

Considering how Nintendo basically abandoned the system after launch giving us no reason to own it until just recently, i'd beg to differ. Not like we've had 5-10 great games to play since buying the damn thing.

I still don't think it's enough. They aren't competitively priced low enough to compete with a new console that's only $100 more. Console needs to be $250 at the most.

Tripon

JUST ANNOUNCED: New Wii U bundle featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD available Sept. 20 at $299.99 MSRP! Also on Sept. 20, Wii U Deluxe Set MSRP lowering to $299.99.

1238321_504685126282612_964882285_n.jpg

People can get the Zelda bundle starting Sept. 20th.

...Wait, Zelda is shipping on Sept. 20th too!?

Fake Edit: And you get Hyrule Historia in the Deluxe Bundle!

Azure J

See, now this is a good move. 2DS tho? :lol

Edit: Although I have no disagreements with the argument that $250 would be a sweet spot this year with both PS4/XB1 on the horizon.

At this rate I'll probably get one next summer. I'll get a PS4 this Christmas and by time Summer 2014 hits I'll have plenty of games for WiiU to play. Maybe even with some Game of the Year sales.

Arkam

Wow, that was nice news to read.

$299 for 32GB Model with WindWaker HD.
This is now a decent deal.

I think if you look at what is out now and coming out this fall/winter, it might be a good time for some to pick up a WiiU.

Jobbs

Banned
Just got a $350 nintendoland (shelf land for me!) console a few weeks ago. Burn. $50 less with zelda (which is a must have for me) hurts.

Maybe they'll give us recent buyers some free eshop stuff or something. One can hope.

Top Bottom