• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Satisfaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwy_61

Banned
Funny, I was thinking all through the PS4 event, "oh man, Nintendo is FUCKED!", but then I was like, well wait, why would Nintendo be fucked? They've got a whole different thing going on than these guys!

We're gonna be OK, you guys. Don't you worry your pretty little heads.

Funny, I was thinking all through the PS4 event, "oh man, Nintendo is FUCKED!", but then I was like, well wait, why would Nintendo be fucked? They've got a whole different thing going on than these guys!

this is the honest truth

Peoeple shouldn't forget that Nintendo experience. That's why I bought the Wii U and am currently happy with it ....even if I don't have much to play on it right now

It also has the potential to be the best family machine I've yet owned going by Sonic Racing and NSMB-U so far....

Effect

For some reason I was starting to get beside myself until I calmed down and pretty much had a similar thought. Nintendo is gong to be fine. They have a lot of things that are just theirs, etc.

Kolgar

Nintendo games in HD. For maybe $200 less!

I'm just glad to see each company taking a slghtly different path; they'll each fulfill a niche and have their own reasons for being.

kitzkozan

this is the honest truth

Peoeple shouldn't forget that Nintendo experience. That's why I bought the Wii U and am currently happy with it ....even if I don't have much to play on it right now

It also has the potential to be the best family machine I've yet owned going by Sonic Racing and NSMB-U so far....

I sure didn't buy the Wii U and expecting it to be filled with third party offering. It's just not gonna happen, but I am optimistic toward the future of this console still. :] Nintendo possess great first party studios and Monolith soft is just the icing on the cake. It will assure that the Wii U see a couple of top tier jrpg along with the numerous genre which Nintendo also cover, even with minimal 3rd party support. Diversity will be solid on the Wii U, with or without support (which wasn't the case of the N64 or even Gamecube despite Paper Mario). I might also take the plunge on HD remake of Gamecube games depending on the title and price (I have a feeling that we might see smash bros melee making an HD comeback, especially since it will be featured at EVO 2013)­.

I'm currently all over these 30 cent games and looking forward the launch of the Wii U virtual console. I love playing old school classics on the gamepad, so I will wait to buy anything unless I can use my club nintendo points on it (since it will only cost $1.50 to transfer the game on the Wii U virtual console).

Nintendo is Nintendo, no announcement will change that, so who cares?

If anything, I'm more content with my Wii u purchase after watching the event... It looks like more of the same at higher resolution and better lighting. Not a paradigm shift by any means. I'll stick with Wii U/PC.

The PS4 conference blew me away on the graphics dept, but not the gameplay.

So I was pretty excited for the future, ps4, xbox, pc, steam box but at the same time I felt really good to own a Wii U, as the gaming experiences that will come will be different and amazing!!

Dave Long

Banned
Wii U and PC give the best of both worlds really. I'm kinda done with Microsoft and there really isn't a franchise I'll miss from them except maybe Halo. Sony is harder to let go because I've enjoyed more stuff they actually own, but even then the PC is just better than both of them.

So yeah, still very happy with Wii U. We played Tank! Tank! Tank! last night and had a blast. Great four-player fun!

Coolwhip

Banned
I have to admit, when I'm browsing the eShop with the calming music I really like my Wii U. I see a big tile for a Monster Hunter demo, another tile for the 30 cent F-Zero. Good stuff.

So I started playing Mass Effect 3. It took less than three seconds to find a team in MP. No complaints so far other than a few slow loading textures here and there in the SP.

I think the consensus at the end was that the somewhat bad ports where

Batman
Darksiders

Really bad
Epic Mickey

At least on par and pretty good Black Ops 2, ME3, AC3

I only own Black Ops 2 and so far no drops in single, mp, zombie. Nintendo Land really was taken as a kids toy. It is a really hardcore arcade game collection with some easy to get into mp games.

JaseMath

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I really want to bite at F-Zero. I mean, it's only .30. On the other hand, I already bought it once and I'm speaking with my wallet.

dwu8991

Banned
I'm so torn. On the one hand, I really want to bite at F-Zero. I mean, it's only .30. On the other hand, I already bought it once and I'm speaking with my wallet.

It's Godly with the analog stick on the Wii U gamepad. It's 110% responsive !!!

Looks fantastic playing on either big tv or gamepad at the same time !!!

I don't really like F-Zero, but it was only 30 cents... It was interesting how well the controls could be customized, and making restore points looked also pretty easy. I haven't played SNES games on Wii for a while, but I don't remember there being this many options...

Margalis

Banned
F-Zero is better than I remembered.

I'm actually shocked at how many aspects from F-Zero X and GX (the versions I've played the most) are in F-Zero. In particular how carefully you have to drive in traffic, how important it is to not bump other cars and how important it is to have them bump you from behind, etc.

Literally the best 30 cents I ever spent!

Dave Long

Banned
Yeah, F-Zero is full of win on all platforms, but this is a super version thanks to the gamepad and off-tv play. Awesome.

Also, we laughed so loud and long playing the Animal Crossing Sweet Day game with five players last night! "Run! The DOOOOOGS! Spit out the candy! Waaaaauuuugh!" LOL! My kids already have tons of great memories with Wii U. So much fun! :D

Sadist

I think the consensus at the end was that the somewhat bad ports where

Batman
Darksiders
Have to say that Darksiders II is below Batman in that regard. I must be special, because I didn't have any problem with the Wii U version of Arkham City. I think I've had two loadingscreens in a weird place, but overall the port is pretty decent. Loading times are a bit meh.

Darksiders II however... got like three hardlocks while playing. Two of them took away my control over Death lol.

Fredrik

What is happening? All of a sudden I only see Nintendo icons, messages and apps on the homescreen/plaza, no games, no cool drawings, nothing. But everything shows up just fine on my wifes account.

Effect

I really could go for playing something like Mass Effect 3 but can't find it priced reasonably. :( I don't want to pay full price for it, especially since it is not supported with additional DLC.

andthebeatgoeson

'Memba when Nintendo was doomed after they announced the Wii? Good times. If I remember correctly, Nintendo is in the black? And with a head start, lower price and decent first party stable.

Still a lot of work to do but not as endangered as it may seem.

And decent backwards compatibility. Haha, that was a good one, Sony.

trixx

To be frank my experience with the wii u is a bit mixed bag. On one hand i love the gamepad so much, and games like nave nintendoland and nsmb u have been great, however i wouldn't pay $60 for nsmb u(infact i got it for free from old navy).

But honestly i feel like there is no benefit of owning the console right now except for the 30 cent virtual console games promotion. It would be a much better buy this holiday season as price would likely drop with perhaps a new bundle and a great line up of games as well as improved software.

Basically by not owning the wii u you are not really missing out on anything. Fall 2013 is the real launch of the wii u

The_Lump

Banned
Just been playing Sonic All Stars Racing on the gamepad screen, using the pro controller and headphones.

Felt like a boss.

That is all.

So march is nearly upon us and the floodgates are gonna open (if only briefly) with 3 games looking like worth buying (monhun Lego and NFS) who's buying all three?

Think I might just have to

JaseMath

You're not gonna make much of a statement with 30 cents. I'd say go for it. :)
I like to think that because I've purchased so many VC games, Nintendo's analytics department (if they have anything like that), will look at someone like me and wonder why I didn't bite. But you're probably right, .30 isn't going to do much of anything.

Effect

So march is nearly upon us and the floodgates are gonna open (if only briefly) with 3 games looking like worth buying (monhun Lego and NFS) who's buying all three?

I was all set for Monster Hunter and Lego City. I'm still getting Lego City Undercover. However I'm currently going back and forth between Monster Hunter and Need for Speed. To be honest I rather not pay full price for either of them if I could help it. Need for Speed is a late port and Monster Hunter is just an upgrade of the one the Wii which I already have. In the end I most likely will end up going with Monster Hunter and Lego City on the same day as I originally planned.

rpmurphy

Playing Balloon Fight got me pondering:

While there have been gameplay ideas having the person on the GamePad see things that people watching the TV can't see, what about the reverse?

Of course, you can't prevent the GamePad user from looking, but maybe it could suit some type of game where trying to "cheat" instead of paying attention to the GamePad screen is detrimental. Perhaps, for example, it could be something for a fast-paced "single-player" game, where the people watching the TV support the player by observing and communicating important details.

Just some vague ideas here, not sure if it has been thought of already.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

I was thinking about that, but after playing the demo I will probably wait for monhun to go cheaper before buying it. The other two I want to buy day 1 from eshop.

Is it worth getting the 8gb Wii U Sku? Im not planning on downloading any games, but I don't know if 8GB is enough for the save files and updates. Is the hardrive upgradable? Since the white console looks so much better than the black one the 32 GB sku is out of question.

Shaanyboi

Banned

I honestly have no interest in Monster Hunter, so LCU and NFS all the way. Though I may get LCU digitally. Not a fan of the boxart.

Hiltz

Is it worth getting the 8gb Wii U Sku? Im not planning on downloading any games, but I don't know if 8GB is enough for the save files and updates. Is the hardrive upgradable? Since the white console looks so much better than the black one the 32 GB sku is out of question.

I think it was said you''ll only have like 3GB of flash memory left due to the first batch of system updates if you get the 8GB Wii U model. Plus, you'll need to do more system updates soon as we know one is coming in the Spring and another in the Summer. You should get a hard drive now. With 3GB left ,you would be able to download a game like New SMBU (if you wanted to as it is 2GB) , but not Nintendo Land since it would require 3.2GB of space.

Because the PS4 announcement might make people not want the Wii U and 3rd parties will stop putting their games on it....but that has already happened... :confused:
Not everyone has stopped yet, behold!

http://www.ebgames.ca/nintendo-wii-u/games/watch-dogs/315838

To me its going to come down between PC and Wii U for which platform I would get Watch Dogs on if its any good (if its any good of course). If they do the Wii U version justice with good use of the touch screen I'd prob go with it.

If you get the white one you will need a hard drive or USB stick at some point as youll need room for updates and dlc andits silly to say now you wont download any games as theres some amazing download only games

I was all set for Monster Hunter and Lego City. I'm still getting Lego City Undercover. However I'm currently going back and forth between Monster Hunter and 9Need for Speed. To be honest I rather not pay full price for either of them if I could help it. Need for Speed is a late port and Monster Hunter is just an upgrade of the one the Wii which I already have. In the end I most likely will end up going with Monster Hunter and Lego City on the same day as I originally planned.

Mh is not just a visual update, this adds tons of new things, monsters, weapons, bunches of other stuff.

Not sure if it's worth a purchase if have the wii version but I know it just adds a huge list of things.

User Tron

Because the PS4 announcement might make people not want the Wii U and 3rd parties will stop putting their games on it....but that has already happened... :confused:

Please name a single game that has been canceled for Wii U. The level of taking rumors as facts in Neogaf has taken a new height. Just wait for E3 and if there will bo ne 3rd party support then make such posts. BTW Ubisoft will port about every upcoming game to Wii U. Don't believe me then wait for E3. The lack of current 3rd party support has nothing with the hardware or faith to do. Nintendo skrewed up on their time table. Too few development kits and far too late finish ones.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Please name a single game that has been canceled for Wii U. The level of taking rumors as facts in Neogaf has taken a new height. Just wait for E3 and if there will bo ne 3rd party support then make such posts. BTW Ubisoft will port about every upcoming game to Wii U. Don't believe me then wait for E3. The lack of current 3rd party support has nothing with the hardware or faith to do. Nintendo skrewed up the on their time table. Too few development kits and far too late finish ones.
No no no. Definitely not WiiU ports of new games. Gaf would not survive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom