• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Satisfaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still i have imagination that wii U will release this part after 2 years.

EaSQs.jpg

Because i notice first time colored the power cable with yellow color.

iJNgdoPCQQ0Dg.png

Dantis

This seems like an appropriate place to ask:

Now that Lovefilm has Wii U games for rental, what exclusives are there? Am I right in thinking it's just NSMB, ZombieU and NintendoLand at the moment?

hwy_61

Banned
Couldn't be bothered to hold the Gamepad, family were using the tv. So I was effectively using the 'Pad as a second tv, controlling with the pro controller (which is the greatest controller ever conceived)

And it felt good.

Ah, sorry for judging, duders.

Whatever works!

Coolwhip

Banned
Couldn't be bothered to hold the Gamepad, family were using the tv. So I was effectively using the 'Pad as a second tv, controlling with the pro controller (which is the greatest controller ever conceived)

And it felt good.

I wish NSMBU would support the pro controller. Any chance of Nintendo patching support in?

The_Lump

Banned

spannicus

i laid in my bed last night with my game pad connected to my headphones while i played CoD multiplayer. All i had to say was wow as i smiled like i just won the lotto. Dont really care about the upcoming consoles trumping the wii u so they say. As long as i can continue to smile like that i will be content and more than happy especially if i can do that with Bayonetta 2 hehe

farnham

Banned
so i had the chance to play the wiiu with two groups of different people

one group is a judge in his late 20s and his girlfriend who is a doctor (the last time he played tekken was tekken 3)

i played tekken tag tournament with the guy and played nintendoland soonafter with guy+girl. they both loved luigis mansion and yoshis fruit cart

unfortunately that was about it since there was no more time

the other group of people was two guys in their late 20s one of which already had played wiiu with me once. we popped in nintendoland and had a blast with zelda and luigis mansion. soonthereafter we played some sonic racing which was also really great

generally the reception was very positive. i do not know if any of those people will buy wiiu down the road but they were genuinly hooked of the gamepad idea after playing luigis mansion.

JoV

Hey, my first post on these boards!

Currently loving the MH demo and got a muliplayer session of Trine 2 lined up so am very happy at the moment.

News that I haven't seen posted elsewhere is that Ashes Cricket 2013 will be coming to the system mid-June. Depends if you like cricket or cricket games in general if you find that interesting though....I certainly do! Plus it's another release, so can't complain about that.

So march is nearly upon us and the floodgates are gonna open (if only briefly) with 3 games looking like worth buying (monhun Lego and NFS) who's buying all three?

Think I might just have to

Honestly I might grab Amazing Spider-man this month over those. In my experience even bad spiderman games are fun (I really enjoyed shattered dimensions, never got around to edge of time)

It's marked down to $40 online at amazon and gamestop but I don't know if that will jump up once the game releases. If it stays $40 and reviews say it doesn't have any serious performance issues I might jump in

Hiltz

Ubisoft stated that Ghost Recon Online is still coming to Wii U. It's just that the development team focused on getting the PC version out first.

Metro: Last Light was canned for Wii U. THQ said this was the reason for the cancellation:

Our look at the Wii U extended to a very early look at some very early kits. We…we did some work on it, but we made a decision fairly early on that we weren’t going to commit further resource to it. So yeah, we didn’t go too far. Take any of the comments you’ve seen attributed with a pinch of salt – it’s certainly not been based on any kind of analysis of final hardware.

dwu8991

Banned
i laid in my bed last night with my game pad connected to my headphones while i played CoD multiplayer. All i had to say was wow as i smiled like i just won the lotto. Dont really care about the upcoming consoles trumping the wii u so they say. As long as i can continue to smile like that i will be content and more than happy especially if i can do that with Bayonetta 2 hehe

AC III is also great in bed and the multiplayer is awesome !!! This game is really perfectly suited for playing in bed especially the multiplayer - tons of replay value, variety of gameplay modes, best online Wii U game so far for me !!!

jmizzal

Have to say that Darksiders II is below Batman in that regard. I must be special, because I didn't have any problem with the Wii U version of Arkham City. I think I've had two loadingscreens in a weird place, but overall the port is pretty decent. Loading times are a bit meh.

Darksiders II however... got like three hardlocks while playing. Two of them took away my control over Death lol.

Yea I have Batman AC too and I have had no issues with the game, I like it better on Wiiu mainly due to the map on the game pad.

Sipheren

Banned
I still play my Wii U most days, loving Mario and Trine 2, not to mention F-Zero!

I do agree that it will be better when we get some 1st party stuff. Dead Space 3 on my PC is also taking up a lot time atm, great game that :)

Readvacancy

Neo Member
Just purchased a Wii U deluxe and NSMBU. Me and my girlfriend have been having a good time. Definitely loving the off screen play for when she wants the TV.

Zarovitch

I have the default screen problem now. Is there a way to fix it or it just goes away by itself?

Are you talking about not seeing the Miiverse?

I think i've just go to the Parameter of the console and when i've come back this was ok.
Maybe force a recheck of you internet connection.

Well, I recently bought NSMBU and I have to say it's a GREAT game. Not at the same level of DKCR but this is my all time favorite 2D platformer. It's just "the best 2D mario ever made" which is a huge feat on its own...

Zarovitch

Well, I recently bought NSMBU and I have to say it's a GREAT game. Not at the same level of DKCR but this is my all time favorite 2D platformer. It's just "the best 2D mario ever made" which is a huge feat on its own...

What i like is that level are huge and some are really difficult.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to be able to contribute to threads at long last, after months of lurking. Hello GAF! :)

I also really love the WiiU, especially in multiplayer. I had a blast with 5-players Nintendo Land, even with some "anti Wii" friends. I don't think it convinced them to buy the console, but at least they enjoyed the experience.

My only complaint is that the console feels "shaky" technically. I read a lot about "hard locks", but did not experience them for the first 2 months. Then all of a sudden, 3 hard locks in 3 days... I really hope it's something they will fix quickly with an update (I had a similar problem with my launch 3DS, but it disappeared after a few updates).

I also have a weird bug in Nintendo Land: the camera showing the player's face in games like Mario Chase or F-Zero "freezes" after a few seconds/minutes. Quitting the game and restarting it or pressing "Home" will "fix" it temporarily, but it will freeze again. I does look like a software problem (especially since all the other games/apps using the camera work properly), but the fact that most users don't seem to have that problem makes me think that my console might be defective... But on the other hand, I really don't feel like sending my console for repair for a problem I'm not sure is hardware-related. I guess I'll see if the bug is still there after the next firmware update and decide then. Anybody else have/had that bug?

Currently loving the MH demo and got a muliplayer session of Trine 2 lined up so am very happy at the moment.

News that I haven't seen posted elsewhere is that Ashes Cricket 2013 will be coming to the system mid-June. Depends if you like cricket or cricket games in general if you find that interesting though....I certainly do! Plus it's another release, so can't complain about that.

i gave ashes cricket a mention in the wii u 2013 thread the other day, cant see many people being interested though

Is there a thread for discussing Asymetric gameplay? Would love to hear all the GAF ideas.

I was thinking about it and 3rd partys are playing it safe regarding asymetric gameplay. I would love to see a revolutionary AAA game centered on this idea.

jacksrb

Glad to be able to contribute to threads at long last, after months of lurking. Hello GAF! :)

A big welcome to both of you. Really love the Garth avi gaboumafou.

I see all of the things that Wii U is not - and will prompt me to buy another new system - but I do love it dearly. I think the industry is most doomed if every system has feature parity and are doing the same things. While that is good for a console buyer, I don't think that for the industry.

I am still working through all of my launch games and demos - so it hasn't bothered me that nothing new has been out.

Batman AC:AA - finished story line - will go back to play Harley Quinn's Revenge
BLOPS2 - Finished campaign and will continue to play multi-player
NSMBU - Defeater Bowser - now collecting all of the star coins and will finish the challenges at a later date
NintendoLand - will continue to play
ZombiU - really loved my first hour with it - about to be the next single player thing to finish.

JaseMath

Is there a thread for discussing Assymetric gameplay? Would love to hear all the GAF ideas.

I was thinking about it and 3rd partys are playing it safe regarding assymetric gameplay. I would love to see a revolutionary AAA game centered on this idea.

What is assymetric gameplay?

Fandangox

What is assymetric gameplay?

They refer to it as when two players playing the same game have different experiences depending on which control they are using.

Like the Ghost Player in Luigi's Mansion being able to know where all the other players are through the gamepad while the other players have to rely on team work.

I at least think that's what they mean by this.

They refer to it as when two players playing the same game have different experiences depending on which control they are using.

Like the Ghost Player in Luigi's Mansion being able to know where all the other players are through the gamepad while the other players have to rely on team work.

I at least think that's what they mean by this.

i think he was joking about the typo

Effect

Is there any firm confirmation about just how exclusive Lego City Undercover is? I know with Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 it was suggested by Hideki Kamiya that Nintendo both funded and is publishing the games so it's up to Nintendo if they get released on any other system. Nothing has been said that I can find just how locked down Lego City is even if it contain Nintendo references and they are putting out trailers. They did the same with Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. Has Nintendo or TT Games ever commented on the partnership?

Is there any firm confirmation about just how exclusive Lego City Undercover is? I know with Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 it was suggested by Hideki Kamiya that Nintendo both funded and is publishing the games so it's up to Nintendo if they get released on any other system. Nothing has been said that I can find just how locked down Lego City is even if it contain Nintendo references and they are putting out trailers. They did the same with Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. Has Nintendo or TT Games ever commented on the partnership?

AFAIK Nintendo is publishing.

farnham

Banned
Is there a thread for discussing Asymetric gameplay? Would love to hear all the GAF ideas.

I was thinking about it and 3rd partys are playing it safe regarding asymetric gameplay. I would love to see a revolutionary AAA game centered on this idea.

I think its the main focus on wario ware and wii party as far as i can tell.

Lizardus

I just had this issue for few days and I resolved it. I wasn unable to turn on my WiiU with the gamepad. I could only turn it off and turn the TV on and off. What I did was unplug the console from the wall for 10-15 mins and now it works fine. Just a tip incase it happens to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom