• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Satisfaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wii u satisfaction recently went through the roof.

I bought it for £229 from simplygames - realised I will probably use it just as much as I did the wii and sold it for £225 on Ebay.

Meaning I effectively got to rent it for 3 weeks, figure out I didn't need it... and the whole thing cost me £4 plus some ebay fees.

Zarovitch

I bought it for £229 from simplygames - realised I will probably use it just as much as I did the wii and sold it for £225 on Ebay.

Meaning I effectively got to rent it for 3 weeks, figure out I didn't need it... and the whole thing cost me £4 plus some ebay fees.

Which games have you play, was it fun?

Berg

The word you're looking for is dissatisfaction...

Just sold mine, had fun with it but think i'll wait until some big 1st party releases come out before picking up another.

Probably lost close to £100 after the sale but I don't really regret it. I enjoyed NSMB ZombieU, also it was nice playing batman off of the tablet.

I imagine i'll pick another one up but i'm waiting until at least a 3d mario, MK and zelda are out this time.

That's awesome. I'm going to check out the eshop library when I get home.

If you mean games you can only download in the shop, I can't think of too many that can'T be played that way as an option.

Only one that comes to mind is The Cave and it is precisely the reason I didn't get the game right away or haven't.

Off Tv play is such a great feature and even if I had a great TV(I currently do not), it'd still be a substantial factor in whether I am interested in a game, especially lower budget shop games.

MDX

I know they said they've had problems with HD development, but that's no excuse. They've had plenty of time to get ready for this. I just don't understand why/how nintendo let's the launch periods of their systems (3DS, too) be so half-assed.

Well how is it not an excuse? At any rate, you have to consider what was promised or expected for launch and has not materialized due to cancellations and delays. Rayman, Alien:Colonial Marines, Metro, etc.

Just wanted to say that black ops 2 is a very very solid game. Really liking the sp and mp, nice bot support to play with the wife.
Love how it looks and plays on the Wii U, not a single problem. I updated today by the way, but I don't have info on the latest release.

Still finishing NSMBU.

Already have a backlog on Wii U, lol. Trine 2, ZombiU, Sonic And Sega ATR, Black Ops 2, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo and Nintendo Land, which I believe is a game I will pick up from time to time.

I don't care I want: NFSMWU and Lego City Undercover

jaz013

Banned
I can't say I'm not satisfied with the system, but I'm using as a Wii most of the time. After X footage was released, I just can't let Xenoblade to go unfinished.

Last "WiiU" game I played, was Tekken, and the VC of F-Zero. I have most of the "big" titles for March, pre-ordered, but the Wii backlog is just too large and I'm starting too think I could have waited for W101 or Pikmin 3 (if ever released). I bought it for FIFA, but between my inability to score, and the game crashing on simple mid-game substitution (damn you EA and your cheap ports!) and finding that damn dinosaur in NG3 too annoying to keep trying, I'm not playing anything on it I couldn't keep playing on my Wii.

Screenboy

I managed to get Arkham City for £18.99 and I have to say it looks like shit! I've heard good things about the game and think its interesting so far but I didn't think the graphics and frame rate would be as bad as they are!

Hasney

I now have someone that loves playing Nintendo Land with me and Tank! Tank! Tank! Was surprisingly hilarious in My Kong mode, so I'm oddly even more satisfied now than I have been.

Now just need some Pikmin 3 to crank it up even more.

The_Lump

Banned
I managed to get Arkham City for £18.99 and I have to say it looks like shit! I've heard good things about the game and think its interesting so far but I didn't think the graphics and frame rate would be as bad as they are!

Really? For me its been the opposite. I played a friends copy of the ps3 version late last year, and the WiiU version seems slightly nicer if anything. Sharper, lighting seems more natural. Framerate hasn't been noticable for me at all. Can't speak for 360 version.

It cemented my new stance of never reading DF articles before buying anything. Not that they're incorrect or do a bad job, but nothing they mention seems to be noticable by me unless I look for it. It all just serves to unintentionally exaggerate minor flaws which don't actually affect gameplay.

that's only IMO obviously, other people must noticed these things more than I.

Screenboy

I seem to have warmed to the game and believe me some sections do look nice but it was like the first scene, as soon as you play as Bruce Wayne walking towards line A the whole thing was jerking like a low battery pacemaker.

I seem to have warmed to the game and believe me some sections do look nice but it was like the first scene, as soon as you play as Bruce Wayne walking towards line A the whole thing was jerking like a low battery pacemaker.

Go in to your WiiU settings and reset the display to 720p. It greatly improved the frame rate for me.

I really couldn't get over how awful the controls were and how ill-fitting the mechanics were for the stealth sections. I liked the game, but some parts were just awful...

Jawmuncher

I'm loving ZombiU really good show of everything the WiiU can do while not making it a chore. Unlike Uncharted GA which went way over hoard with screen swipes, rubbing, etc.

I'm really just interested in what's coming down the pipeline like X and Bayonetta 2. Though some old Wii games I have and other things will go a long way to kill that time.

My biggest gripe ATM is the OS but Nintendo said they're working on speeding that up so well see.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
After playing NSMBU through eShop, now I'm at the crossroads. Should I stick with the beautiful round edged discs I've come to know and love, or join the future and stick a hard drive on there and go full digital?

Daknight

I finish zombiu a week ago. Just got me sonic transformed and wife loves it. Hard to go back to split screen now :p Waiting for NFS, lego seems interesting, Injustice looks to be a great fighter.

March seems to be the start if nice releases :) Highly satisfide...kind of now just use the gamepad for web browing instead of laptop.

oatmeal

Banned
After playing NSMBU through eShop, now I'm at the crossroads. Should I stick with the beautiful round edged discs I've come to know and love, or join the future and stick a hard drive on there and go full digital?

I have Zombi U physical and bought it in the sale because it was such a good deal. I need to sell my old one now, but that's okay...

I'd love to go all Digital, but Nintendo needs to let me organize better. Even if they let me change the size of the boxes I'll be good. But I've filled the first page and I want to clean it up.

I went full Digital, just Nintendo Land and Black Ops 2 on disc.

Digital: NSMBU, Trine 2, Nano Assault Neo, ZombiU, Sonic Racing, VC games

Effect

Hmm. I think not having anything truly new and pushing the system is starting to get to me in regard to my satisfaction with the Wii U. Just starting to get annoyed and frustrated when I turn on the Wii U and try to play something that I've already beaten or simply played enough of. Gone back to playing my Wii and PS3 as far as console gaming goes. There are other Wii U games I could buy I guess but nothing interest me (even the eShop stuff in the end) and I can always get them cheaper on the PS3 if they did.

Tried to make things last but looks like I'm about the join those that are no longer turning on their system.

Jarsonot

Was able to crack out on Bit Trip Runner 2 whilst the wife watched Alias on the TV tonight.

Wii U Satisfaction == Wii U Satisfaction +1

squid

Well how is it not an excuse? At any rate, you have to consider what was promised or expected for launch and has not materialized due to cancellations and delays. Rayman, Alien:Colonial Marines, Metro, etc.

Well, I mean that it's not an acceptable excuse. This massive post-launch drought really shouldn't have happened. I'm sure I'll love the WiiU's second half of the year, but they should've ensured some games were there for the first half. At the moment, they're pretty much telling us "These games you thought would be at launch or at least launch window? Yeah, they're not gonna make it. In fact, we don't even know when they'll release. Probably some time before the end of June. Speaking of June, wait until you see what we've got to show you at E3!"

I'm excited about E3 as much as the next guy, I just wish I had some WiiU games to play in the meantime.

Lizardus

Hmm. I think not having anything truly new and pushing the system is starting to get to me in regard to my satisfaction with the Wii U. Just starting to get annoyed and frustrated when I turn on the Wii U and try to play something that I've already beaten or simply played enough of. Gone back to playing my Wii and PS3 as far as console gaming goes. There are other Wii U games I could buy I guess but nothing interest me (even the eShop stuff in the end) and I can always get them cheaper on the PS3 if they did.

Tried to make things last but looks like I'm about the join those that are no longer turning on their system.

There's three solid games coming out next month. Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, Lego City: Undercover and Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Waiting for end of march!
The system is great for people like me who have a fair share of pree and after parties.
Nintendoland is awesome and people who don't play games usually love it (very good with regard to the ladies)
Solo I loved trine 2. Searching for all the bottles is awesome.
Played black op2 and like the fakt that I can poop and play.

haigyman

Just ordered a premium. What's the best protective case to get for the tablet? Ideally I'd like one that still lets you charge it in the cradle.

Goodlife

Really loving mine at the moment.

Better than I expected.

It hasn't got the wow factor the Wii had, I can't imagine playing the Wii u with my parents or inlaws (in their 50's/60's) in the same way I did with the Wii, I can't imagine me taking it on family get togethers, or having some friends over for some food / drinks, then playing games all night, like the Wii

But I want to use it more than I did the Wii, if that makes sense?

I'm annoyed at the fact no effect has been put into AC3 using the gamepads touch screen.
And the fact I need 2 wii motes to play Mario 2 player (why can't I just use the gamepad as player 2????)

Loving the system, NSMB U is quite possibly my favorite 2D Mario now, I think the DLC will seal that fate, and the things I usually don't care for like multimedia/social networking on my gaming machines I actually enjoy cause it does more than my TV or a DVD/Blu-Ray player could do on it's on... which is netflix in bed and on the toilet! Better yet I can draw a picture and share with my friends/community about something I accomplished.

Basically... pretty good system, now I just need the games to come flowing in and March is looking busy for me *ready for Lego City and MH3 Ultimate*

Also yeah... no real need for justification threads... people enjoy consoles that they have games to enjoy on it, if people don't enjoy 2D Mario or the slim late multiplatform third party releases... well no brainer people will not be pleased few months from release in a dead period, at the same time if anyone loves Mario of course they're going to be enjoying the console, the answers are pretty obvious here.

Not too crazy about it. Got mine on launch day, finished Zombi U... the end.

Lacking games I care about, and I find the system so sluggish that I don't often feel like booting it.

Also horrible battery life of the gamepad controller has forced me to quit playing on multiple occassions during my Zombi U playthrough.

Hoping it gets better, looking forward to Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

Frodo

Those discs are so nice to touch...
Such a small thing, but makes it feel so nice in your hands... <3

That being said, I do enjoy the convenience of not having to change discs, but for the price they charge on the eShop, unless it is on sale or anything I'd go retail...

sammex

I'm annoyed at the fact no effect has been put into AC3 using the gamepads touch screen.

I like that you can put the HUD on the gamepad and have your tv completely clear - and also I'm always checking the map so it's handy having that on the pad at all times.

I like that you can put the HUD on the gamepad and have your tv completely clear - and also I'm always checking the map so it's handy having that on the pad at all times.

Yeah, the game was much better after most of the HUD was removed from the main screen. Small thing, but made surprisingly big difference.

Even though I rarely play anything but fzero on my Wii U i am satisfied. But I know one thing, once Nintendo starts real VC with snes,n64,GC games on the gamepad everyone should have a reason to be satisfied. Every passing day I know Im getting closer to SMW and DKC2 on the gamepad

tassletine

You just do this sort of thing just to show off. Although I'm not sure what you're showing off exactly: That you have no attention span? That you care more about tiny amounts of money and making a 'smart' deal than wasting your own time? That you impulse purchase? That you're fickle? Who knows? But bragging about it doesn't do you any favours.

A friend of mine is exactly the same. He sold his 3DS a day after he bought it at launch because it made his eyes tired. After I told him that goes away after a while he got pissed off then re-bought the device when it became popular again.

You just do this sort of thing just to show off. Although I'm not sure what you're showing off exactly: That you have no attention span? That you care more about tiny amounts of money and making a 'smart' deal than wasting your own time? That you impulse purchase? That you're fickle? Who knows? But bragging about it doesn't do you any favours.

A friend of mine is exactly the same. He sold his 3DS a day after he bought it at launch because it made his eyes tired. After I told him that goes away after a while he got pissed off then re-bought the device when it became popular again.

Did it never occur to him to just turn the 3D off if it was bothering him that much?

Bashing WiiU is popular lately... The system has an increasing problem in brand image... Hope Nintendo will make things change, January and february have been really awful months (regarding sales I mean). Was the gamecube comparable?

Bashing WiiU is popular lately... The system has an increasing problem in brand image... Hope Nintendo will make things change, January and february have been really awful months (regarding sales I mean). Was the gamecube comparable?

Yeah, it's annoying and i'm avoiding a couple of forums because of the constant wii-u bashing. Sure the machine is not as successful as everyone would like but the constant sniping and trolling that is shrugged of as "We're only having fun, lighten up." is grating.
Say something positive or that you're enjoying some of the games and your opinion is invalid because you're a Fanboy or something. I'm putting it down to bored PS3 & 360 owners milling about waiting for their own system war to begin. I'm staying away from them for a few weeks, it's not worth the effort.

I'm very happy with the Wii-U, i've bought 7 or 8 games for it and even dabbled in the eShop. Off-TV play is an absolute boon when housemates want to watch tv. I have 2 weeks off work now so i'll be finishing Batman and ZombiU and practicing on Zen Pinball2 and Sonic Transformed.

I'm currently disk for the large games and DD for the smaller sized ones. Working out quite well so far.

VAPitts

it shouldn't be a brand image problem since "Wii" is in the title and if people would just take 2 to 3 secs to stop hating it and read, they'd realize it's backwards compatible with the Wii.

it shouldn't be a brand image problem since "Wii" is in the title and if people would just take 2 to 3 secs to stop hating it and read, they'd realize it's backwards compatible with the Wii.

I think he meant that the console in general just has a bad image/reputation right now.

sammex

How do you do that?

It's in the option menu. You can toggle display HUD on gamepad or something. It'd be awesome to see this option appear in other games, it's refreshing to play a game with a clear screen with nothing else on it. Helps with the immersion and all that.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Why are people selling their Wii U(for less than they bought it for) and saying they might get it again later. Why not just hang onto it then, unless you're making a profit. That'll show Nintendo, you hate their system so much, you bought two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom