• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Persona 5's Share button be any useful in the next years?

This will never happen (sadly): If I remember correctly they disabled some functionality in Miiverse too for Persona Q and there are no signs they are planing to change that.

Jrpgs tend to be front-loaded when it comes to sale.

Also, as someone who is part of the Persona 5 community in social media, it's still very healthy and almost as healthy as it was on launch.

Persona 5's community is much bigger than Nier's. Both its OP on NeoGAF and its subreddit are more active, it gets tons of new fanart/fan creations everyday and there is also a modding community

And no, Nier Automata didn't stay in the top 20 for 3 months in a row. It was in the top 20 (11) in March, and then dropped out in the 2nd month (April). Only reason it went back to top 20 in May is because it got a $15-18 discount.

I'm not defending this policy, I think it's stupid and has no reason to exist. But saying that the lack of screenshots has killed its social media presence, cut its legs or stuff like that doesn't make sense at all.

Check again. Nier was in the top 20 in April. Yes, jrpgs are front loaded, but Persona 5 was especially so and that's partially the fault of Atlus not respecting word of mouth community sharing.

Being a part of the community and saying it has social media presence is kinda weird. Of course you are interacting with the small amount of people talking about the game. I'm talking about the general twitter community memes and discussion that circulated in the first few weeks and then completely disappeared. The phone pics of tv screens dried up pretty fast with this game.

Atlus is an ass backwards company. I remember they even region locked a ps3 game. They have very little understanding or respect for their American fanbase which baffles me because they are so beloved over here.

Not having use of the share button and all the streaming restrictions absolutely hurt the word of mouth on this game. It should have had a tail like HZD or N:A. The spoiler excuse is Jim Ryan 'protecting the children' levels of obtuse.

To say Persona 5 doesn't have any social media presences sounds silly to me because despite all of this, you still get hundreds of "You'll never see it COOOMMMMMIIINNNNGGGG~!" video parodies, music covers of it's soundtrack, sizeable fanart and people making actual calling cards to send to the US President.

I can still see screenshots, playthroughs and everything else. It's almost as if the ban never happened.

Fbh

Honestly, I doubt they will ever change it.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was never really about the Spoilers and was more of a bizzare corporate decision, probably some out of touch Japanese executive that can't look past the fact people would share parts of the game....for fee (the horror!!!!)

By releasing the game later in the west they already ensured that anyone looking for spoilers (either for self interest or for trolling) would find them.

Anyway, it really sucks. It's also pretty sad since I think a game like persona would have benefited a lot from people sharing their experience with the game

To say Persona 5 doesn't have any social media presences sounds silly to me because despite all of this, you still get hundreds of "You'll never see it COOOMMMMMIIINNNNGGGG~!" video parodies, music covers of it's soundtrack, sizeable fanart and people making actual calling cards to send to the US President.

I can still see screenshots, playthroughs and everything else. It's almost as if the ban never happened.

Outside of the the music covers and the occasional fan art I haven't seen any of that. Actually you can scratch fan art, I don't really see that much of it.

Outside of gaf I've barely seen anything about the game at all after a couple weeks after it came out tbh. Compared to the likes of Nier which I saw plenty of ages after.

Outside of the the music covers and the occasional fan art I haven't seen any of that. Actually you can scratch fan art, I don't really see that much of it.

Outside of gaf I've barely seen anything about the game at all after a couple weeks after it came out tbh. Compared to the likes of Nier which I saw plenty of ages after.

A quick check on an image site shows about 2000+ tags for Persona 5, so you can be sure they do exist and are being made.

Funny thing is, that's the opposite for me- Outside of Gaf, I don't see Nier getting much push.

And you can be sure the current political world as it is now someone would always inevitably, bring up Persona 5, on twitter.

dl8bp9rbivxy.png

Persona 5 has and will continue to get sales via word of mouth. Some people forget that in a time without social media, we told our friends about things of interest. Those certain interesting activities is what will keep this title alive and well.

Complaining about the publisher blocking sharing features does nothing. Sure, I am against it, but it's Altus' intellectual property and they have free reign to do whatever they please with this product.

If you genuinely care about the games success, and the series as a whole, start a conversation about the game with people you know. I have sold 4 people on this game just by buying it and playing the first 5 minutes of the game in front of my significant other.

And as of right now, they are on their second play through determined to unlock all of the games content.

SephiZack

Check again. Nier was in the top 20 in April. Yes, jrpgs are front loaded, but Persona 5 was especially so and that's partially the fault of Atlus not respecting word of mouth community sharing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1369258

Being a part of the community and saying it has social media presence is kinda weird. Of course you are interacting with the small amount of people talking about the game. I'm talking about the general twitter community memes and discussion that circulated in the first few weeks and then completely disappeared. The phone pics of tv screens dried up pretty fast with this game.

If you want to use twitter memes and discussions as a benchmark, then #persona5 gets more posts than #nier or #nierautomata combined in the same timeframe

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=#persona5&src=typd
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=#nierautomata&src=typd
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=#nier&src=typd

If you check google trends, you can see that not only Persona 5 is more trending than Nier Automata or Nier, but the drop in interest over time was also less sharp

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-08-01 2017-06-27&q=persona 5,nier automata,nier

If you're going to tell someone to check, you should also do your research instead of pulling statistics out of nowhere

Top Bottom