• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it support cover art, etc?
Yah:

isqi9fm1aySDr.PNG

It is highly unlikely that it will ever come to the platform.

"ever" is a bit harsh. Problem right now is that porting to WP is kind of a bitch and not worthwhile for most companies, unless they're paid by Microsoft.

But now that Windows Phone finally passed the 1% mark in web traffic in the US, maybe companies start to notice. (lol)

The number reveals that the Windows Phone share of web traffic in USA has for the first time crossed the 1% mark, with a clear inflection point at week 14 2012, with the launch of the Nokia Lumia 900.

Fjolle

That Drawsomething guy was a dick anyway.

And how the no background mode can come as a surprise for anyone is beyone me. It has been known since they announced Mango that it wouldn't be available.

"ever" is a bit harsh. Problem right now is that porting to WP is kind of a bitch and not worthwhile for most companies, unless they're paid by Microsoft.

But now that Windows Phone finally passed the 1% mark in web traffic in the US, maybe companies start to notice. (lol)

Nokia making waves!

Healthy competition is a good thing, especially if it's a 3-way dance.

gcubed

U.S. carriers do love them a third wheel.

Vega(AT&T CEO) showing off a White Nokia 900 when asked about the iPhone 5 today on TV, and Verizon's Fran Shammo's comments about a third ecosystem spell some nice support soon. Looks like the suits are starting to get a little antsy of a Apple-Google duopoly. Go go gadget competition?

Same stories before Mango release. Then Verizon bailed. I won't believe Verizon until I see a phone in store.

Same stories before Mango release. Then Verizon bailed. I won't believe Verizon until I see a phone in store.

But that's totally different now, because last year they even considered RIM as third ecosystem and now they don't! That's a huge game changer.

gcubed

But that's totally different now, because last year they even considered RIM as third ecosystem and now they don't! That's a huge game changer.

I wish there was a MS store near me. I have 3 blackberrys in my drawer at work taking valuable pen and pencil room up.

Fjolle

Report – Microsoft to preview Zune replacement during E3, codenamed Woodstock

Neat, hopefully this expands to WP8 and hopefully they bring the Zune (music) service to MORE TERRITORIES!

Pff.

"The service, codenamed Woodstock, will not only be available through the Xbox 360 dashboard, but will be cross-compatible for Windows 8, Android, and iOS through a browser."

This obviously means that it won't be available on Apollo (or the dusty non-upgradeable Mango phone you will have in a drawer after you buy a new iPhone6).

snap0212

Report – Microsoft to preview Zune replacement during E3, codenamed Woodstock

Neat, hopefully this expands to WP8 and hopefully they bring the Zune (music) service to MORE TERRITORIES!
App Management, Audiobooks and Podcasts are things I personally want from whatever is coming next. I already have access to the Music Store but it's just too expensive compared to iTunes and Amazon. Buying new CDs on there is a good thing, I used to do it a lot but after losing hundreds of Euros worth of music (due to a hard drive failure) I'm just not willing to invest as much anymore. A track here and there is okay and these will be uploaded to SkyDrive immediately. :)

App Management, Audiobooks and Podcasts are things I personally want from whatever is coming next. I already have access to the Music Store but it's just too expensive compared to iTunes and Amazon. Buying new CDs on there is a good thing, I used to do it a lot but after losing hundreds of Euros worth of music (due to a hard drive failure) I'm just not willing to invest as much anymore. A track here and there is okay and these will be uploaded to SkyDrive immediately. :)

App management is a software thing and we'll get new software by the end of the year, with some requested features like backups (not making other promises). All I hope for now is that they'll massively improve the music player in Windows 8, because it's a really terrible POS right now. I know it's in pre-alpha-concept-stage or whatever, but there wasn't one likable thing about it in the Consumer Preview. Typical Xbox behavior with putting store content first, instead of your own content, no OS wide player-control like in Windows Phone and it doesn't show enough information or tracks compared to the Zune client.

R.I.P Zune Desktop Client (2007-2012)

Thanks for introducing me to Metro.
You were too good for this world

JaggedSac

Pff.

"The service, codenamed Woodstock, will not only be available through the Xbox 360 dashboard, but will be cross-compatible for Windows 8, Android, and iOS through a browser."

This obviously means that it won't be available on Apollo (or the dusty non-upgradeable Mango phone you will have in a drawer after you buy a new iPhone6).

lol, goodness me.

hwalker84

Sounds good. Zune going the Spotify route only more accessible. Now detail some new backup and restore features in WP8 and I'll be grateful.

jagowar

Woodstock. Nice codename. Spotify like? Interesting. Mostly glad they are building something pervasive across platforms and OS's.

Agreed.... as long as they keep the zunepass part. I have said for a long time that not releasing apps for all platforms was the reason zunepass never really took off. When you have a service like this you need to have it available everywhere you want to listen to music.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm supposed to have a one year zunepass subscription, I hope they dont screw me over.

Also, wordament officially became the first app to make my iphone-loving coworkers jealous. One of them borrowed my phone and played for an hour straight. Which was long enough to realize that, yep, its still battery poison. They had to return the phone to me cause the battery was crying for help.

derFeef

I'm supposed to have a one year zunepass subscription, I hope they dont screw me over.

Also, wordament officially became the first app to make my iphone-loving coworkers jealous. One of them borrowed my phone and played for an hour straight. Which was long enough to realize that, yep, its still battery poison. They had to return the phone to me cause the battery was crying for help.

I wish this were true for me too. My coworkers usually slap me with "game copy X on android" in front of the face, even if it's missing crucial features which makes this game so good and addicting. I usually play this around bedtime - brain training :)

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So, is the S4 chip we are all waiting on Apollo for the same one that ships with the HTC One S and the at&t version of the One X?

MCD

JUST GIVE ME AN UPDATE TO THE ZUNE

I don't care if they update, kill, rename, rebrand or whatever JUST DO SOMETHING

rozay

Banned
So, is the S4 chip we are all waiting on Apollo for the same one that ships with the HTC One S and the at&t version of the One X?
If they're not shipping till the end of the year they might be packing an Adreno 320 which is a massive GPU boost compared to what the One S/One XL have.

ElNino

I wonder if the ads are what cause this game to use more than other similar ones (assuming it really does).

Personally, I would be willing to pay to remove the ads from Wordament but they can keep it ad-supported as well in order to get as many people as possible playing it.

hwalker84

If they're not shipping till the end of the year they might be packing an Adreno 320 which is a massive GPU boost compared to what the One S/One XL have.

Man I can't wait to see what massively improved hardware and more freedom chipset and spec wise brings. If Nokia makes a Pureview WP8 with that audio tech which's in the 808 I'm in day one.

Korey

Questions:

1) Is there a way to see push notifications you may have missed? The blue notification that comes down goes away in a few seconds, anyway to bring it back up?

2) In the Me tile, what determines who shows up in the notifications tab? Only one of my friends shows up and I see all his facebook/twitter/etc updates.

Questions:

2) In the Me tile, what determines who shows up in the notifications tab? Only one of my friends shows up and I see all his facebook/twitter/etc updates.

If the person posts on your wall, responds to a comment you made on a friend's post, etc. Those should show up under notifications on the me tile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom