• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Wordament just hit 1000 concurrent users. First time I have seen it, it might have done it before though. Seems pretty good.

Yup, I have seen it crawl up in users pretty good during the last few days, the new update brought new players it seems.
(Achievement whores!)

Milchjon

Yup, I have seen it crawl up in users pretty good during the last few days, the new update brought new players it seems.
(Achievement whores!)

Haha, I was sooo lucky to update right at the beginning so I could win 2 games against like 50 European players and get that achievement. No chance in hell I'll ever win again now.

Wordament is a great, great game. I can't wait for the iPad port (and I'm not even trolling). When I played with a Windows 8 tablet, I spent most of the time playing Wordament. :lol

jagowar

Wordament is a great, great game. I can't wait for the iPad port (and I'm not even trolling). When I played with a Windows 8 tablet, I spent most of the time playing Wordament. :lol

I'm not so sure it will make the move.... its written by ms employees in their spare time and now has all the xbox live bits. don't think they want to go back to the old way just to put it out on ios.... now if xbox live ever goes mutliplatform that would be a different story.

also unless it was updated don't think the win8 version has the new xbox live bits yet..... I will admit its been a few weeks since I played it on win8 since I have the phone version but I don't remember it getting an update in the past few days like the mobile did.

Raistlin

Fhotoroom is one of those rare 3rd party clones to a popular app that may actually be better than the original super popular app its copying. Tons of filters/effects, a surprisingly robust community with good photographers, a way more functional website that you can check from anywhere and makes sharing easier, and an easy to use app that gets a lot of updates. I see no reason to move to instagram when or if it gets here.

There's also EyeEm, which is cross platform, but I haven't messed with it so I dont know how it compares.

Out of curiosity, any how does Nokia's Creative Studio compare to these? It seems pretty cool (though early) but I haven't tried the others

With WP8 and W8 being closely linked, particularly for apps, how safe is it to assume we'll get a lot more horizontal/landscape support for apps w/Apollo? Considering most W8 apps seem to focus on landscape mode.

JaggedSac

They would be dumb not to port it. I don't think exclusive apps are going to give them marketshare at this point in time.

venne

With WP8 and W8 being closely linked, particularly for apps, how safe is it to assume we'll get a lot more horizontal/landscape support for apps w/Apollo? Considering most W8 apps seem to focus on landscape mode.

I think one of the points of the metro apps requiring a snapped state is to have a portrait version of the app ready for the phone OS.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Out of curiosity, any how does Nokia's Creative Studio compare to these? It seems pretty cool (though early) but I haven't tried the others

Fhotoroom has more filters (and better ones IMO). Also, besides the built-in sharing, the Fhotoroom site makes sharing and going back from anywhere to see your pics a breeze.

Edit: in the short time I spent with it, I don't think EyeEm has as many filters as FR either. I did like the EyeEm interface a ton, though. I'd say EyeEm captures the simplicity of Instagram better, but FR is more fully-featured.

Old Article about the creators of Wordament but I liked this speculation by the author about it coming preloaded with Windows 8.

I wonder if "Wordament" will end up preloaded, alongside "Solitaire," on Windows Phones or Windows 8 tablets when they appear later this year.

The original goal with "Solitaire" on Windows was to teach people to use a computer mouse, so perhaps "Wordament" will help familiarize people with the new Windows 8 touch gestures.

That would propel the game into the "Words With Friends" league.

Commodore

I'd say EyeEm captures the simplicity of Instagram better, but FR is more fully-featured.

Pretty much this. EyeEm does easy edit, tagging and share really well. But if you want to dig deeper into doing more with your photo, it gets pretty thin on options. Personally, I prefer the easy end of things for mobile, and deeper editing for desktop applications. I'll have to check out Fhotoroom's site though, sounds nice and functional.

Troll

Banned
Not a terrible week to be put into a mod induced coma. This place is reminding me of Lord of the Flies more and more each week.

Can I ask why people think its okay to sell the original titan on craigslist for 300 dollars? I want a new phone to tide me over until my Apollo device, this og focus is about to randomly reboot for the last time here pretty soon, I can feel it.

Not a terrible week to be put into a mod induced coma. This place is reminding me of Lord of the Flies more and more each week.

Can I ask why people think its okay to sell the original titan on craigslist for 300 dollars? I want a new phone to tide me over until my Apollo device, this og focus is about to randomly reboot for the last time here pretty soon, I can feel it.

How much do you think it should be? I think 300 is reasonable ... it's a good solid phone.

Troll

Banned
How much do you think it should be? I think 300 is reasonable ... it's a good solid phone.

Its only because I can find them brand new for the same price on ebay. People seem to think a used six month old phone doesn't depreciate in value. (I probably should have specified the fact of it being used.)

Adding another data point to the rumour mill, in response to a question on twitter whether the LG Optimus 7, a moderately popular first generation Windows Phone handset, will get a Windows Phone 8 upgrade, LG Italy responded, saying:

Hello, no, no upgraded to Windows 8 as confirmed by Microsoft.

I think that pretty much confirms it.

Obviously they're just trolling. It will be upgraded to Windows Phone.next. Not Wnidows 8.

This is getting really hilarious. :lol

LG Italy said:
@dovellonsky @Microsoft @pisolobill @sduico
Ci scusiamo per l’informazione errata. Stiamo investigando sull' aggiornamento di Optimus 7

Now they're apologizing for the wrong information and are looking into it.

Fjolle

This is getting really hilarious. :lol

Now they're apologizing for the wrong information and are looking into it.

:lol

Only 1½ months of this till we get some information from Microsoft. (I hope. I have no idea when they will announce anything? D10? E3? Nokia World (That's waay to late)? Special event?).

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I had a dream last night about blackberry os 10. It was running on a beautiful high ppi phone, and the animations were gorgeous.

MS better hurry up with some Apollo news or I'm jumping ship!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I had a dream last night about blackberry os 10. It was running on a beautiful high ppi phone, and the animations were gorgeous.

not so much jumping ship, more choosing which seat on the Titanic you want to sit in.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

key word being "dream".

not so much jumping ship, more choosing which seat on the Titanic you want to sit in.
lol. well if windows phone 8 is as good as MS is making it and they support it (L-O-L) then your at the docks waiting for the next ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom