• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

No, unless you mean over at the verge forums, which I no longer visit. Or their comments. But in this thread? No. And you should know that, because you were in this thread and posting when all the Lumia 900 review bullshit went down.

Oh, I wasn't talking about you guys (other than maybe a few fringe lunatics). I (and I think giga is too) am talking about the true crazies who post angry comments because the Lumia 900 got a 7 instead of an 8.

Oh, I wasn't talking about you guys (other than maybe a few fringe lunatics). I (and I think giga is too) am talking about the true crazies who post angry comments because the Lumia 900 got a 7 instead of an 8.

If you're not talking about the users in this forum, then who gives a shit?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Wrong. VanMardigan forgot "can't copy and paste text from email"!

topolsky-wp.jpg

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Actually, how do you copy and paste from an email?

I only know of selecting forward message and copying from there.

Talon

The only reason they The Verge exists is to regurgitate internet info from other sources. Of course they are going to write about something that is getting attention on the internet.

I'm pretty sure people have an issue with their opinion on WP news, not the actual regurgitation of news itself.
Yeah, this isn't even true. The Verge does more features and original pieces than all but Ars.Technica and Wired when it comes to tech sites.

You'd be thinking of Gizmodo.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I soooo love Ars. I appreciate it even more these days then I use to before. <3

Also if I can throw in PC tech stuff I'm a big fan of what Anand does on his site!

MCD

OK. Is there any way to make SkyDrive app not compress/resize pictures down when saving them to my phone?

Why is MS so overprotective of our mobile data that they compress every fucking thing? Heck, I am using WiFi too lol.

Edit: Submitted my 1 star review. Take that, SkyDrive team!

Tomcat

OK. Is there any way to make SkyDrive app not compress/resize pictures down when saving them to my phone?

Why is MS so overprotective of our mobile data that they compress every fucking thing? Heck, I am using WiFi too lol.

Edit: Submitted my 1 star review. Take that, SkyDrive team!

the skydrive app uploads the pictures in full quality

MCD

the skydrive app uploads the pictures in full quality

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, you need to access this via your own account to verify. Oh well, just upload a high resolution image to your account then try to download it via skydrive app from your phone.

PG2G

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, you need to access this via your own account to verify. Oh well, just upload a high resolution image to your account then try to download it via skydrive app from your phone.

I tried this earlier today, unfortunately it turned into an 800x480 image :/

Out of curiosity, why do you want to download the full resolution image to your phone?

MCD

I tried this earlier today, unfortunately it turned into an 800x480 image :/

Out of curiosity, why do you want to download the full resolution image to your phone?

Honestly? No reason. I'm just being a super dick to the SkyDrive team.

PG2G

Lumia 900 adverts are all over the NBA Playoffs so far. I guess that's where a fair chuck if the budget is going

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Lumia 900 adverts are all over the NBA Playoffs so far. I guess that's where a fair chuck if the budget is going

Nokia needs to up their production. It doesn't do them much good if the phone they are advertising (the cyan Lumia 900) isn't available. Heck, my brother went for a white one early last week and they were sold out, lucky for MS/Nokia he didn't just walk out with another phone. He's going to give it another shot this week.

Raistlin

For those looking to add the antenna selection option to your AT&T Lumia 900, here you go ...

http://wmpoweruser.com/tip-how-to-add-edge3g4g-selector-to-your-nokia-lumia-900-settings/

• Typing ##3282# into the dialler opens the Data Field Test utility
  • Tap the three dots
  • At the bottom of your screen you can tap and open Settings.
  • Change the Network type from from 2G or 3G only to Automatic.
  • Tap the Back button once to go back to the Field Test menu.
  • Tap on the last option on the screen; Toggle ENS (REBOOT).
  • When it opens tap Start.
  • A few seconds later tap Stop. After a slight pause your phone will reboot (soft reset)
  • Now go to Settings>Cellular on your phone and you will have an option to select E (Edge), 3G or 4G as your highest connection speed.

NeOak

Nokia needs to up their production. It doesn't do them much good if the phone they are advertising (the cyan Lumia 900) isn't available. Heck, my brother went for a white one early last week and they were sold out, lucky for MS/Nokia he didn't just walk out with another phone. He's going to give it another shot this week.

Blame Compal.

kehs

Banned
Jeez, not even Raistlin can make sense out of obvious metaphors that Windows has implemented, and you guys expect Joe Schmoe to be wowed by off screen hints, and simplified iconography?

In case you guys you can fathom what 'regular folk' think about monstrosities like the lumia 900 are, here's a rather run of the mill opinion about it's antiquated, sub-par, and grotesque bastardization of what a glorious, well thought out piece of prescient tech should be.

Raistlin

Jeez, not even Raistlin can make sense out of obvious metaphors that Windows has implemented, and you guys expect Joe Schmoe to be wowed by off screen hints, and simplified iconography?
I try to help people out and instead I get 5 posts like this.

Whatev's ... I'm out

Commodore

In case you guys you can fathom what 'regular folk' think about monstrosities like the lumia 900 are, here's a rather run of the mill opinion about it's antiquated, sub-par, and grotesque bastardization of what a glorious, well thought out piece of prescient tech should be.

What phone is your main driver?

I try to help people out and instead I get 5 posts like this.

Whatev's ... I'm out

Just ignore the troll &#8230; may be he will get drunk and get himself ban again. It was nice for a little while but what do you expect after Woz proclaim Windows Phone is awesome, you know trolls are going to come knocking.

On that note no sure why At&t have that feature disable.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Finally decided to wipe my phone and lose everything since support couldn't figure out why my phone wouldn't update to Mango.
I did it a few weeks ago and I definitely love the improvements. Feels like a fresh new phone, I was hardly using the thing before as I was not enjoying it.

Can't believe Forward and Find on Page are gone.
Also more of a hassle accessing tabs and favorites in the browser. The only real negatives about it.

Losing all my game and app data like that though with no real backup option... that sucked, and don't feel like buying a new WP7 unless that is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom